What player's number did you wear as a kid?

Remove this Banner Ad

kemosabe

Senior List
May 20, 2007
Magpie - Postcode 3352
AFL Club
Collingwood
The "The Number 5 Jumper" thread got me thinking....
Which player's guernsey number did you wear as a kid?
For me.... it goes back to 1963.:eek:

After arriving from o'seas and quickly dismissing Essendon as my team of choice (the kids at school talked me into it)
I started following the Mighty Pies!

I recall the recruiting of Terry Waters from Dandenong as being a bit of a sensation and led to me wearing Number 5

Happy to see one of the greatest players of the modern era wearing it now:D

Started off with my brothers old jumper with 35 on the back for him it was diacos me Presti, then finally got my own new jumper after years of nothing and got 22 put on the back, always liked shaw and thought the crap he got was a bit over the top, infact the days he had a bad game and i was there i copt abuse too:rolleyes:. Got a heritage jumper recently and one of mates told me as a joke to put the number three on my back, so the smart arse i am i did, and now when i wear that i hear about lonie being soft but it doesnt matter when he kicks from fifty he is pretty exciting and people love it.

I was 26 all through my jnr Footy and still am now Gavin Brown was the Influence

Still happy with Ben Johnson now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had Daics # 35 and then on my next jumper I put #34. It wasn't for Mick McGuane but Jason Cloke when he Debuted.

Thought Jason was going to be the next big thing. Dominated in his debut year. How wrong I was.

I now have a jumper with a half picked off #34 as I'm not willing to have Jason Cloke or Alan Toovey on my back!!

If I was buying a new jumper...............10. Scott Pendlebury

Just about the same as every other kid who grew up a Magpies supporter in the 70's- Number 6

no real star players on my jumpers as a kid #34 doug gott #28 micheal taylor and on my duffle coat(!) #19 craig davis.....my boy hasnt worn his #20 jumper since u all know when...i tell him just get ben reid to sign it!

26 on all jumpers - Gavin Brown of course.

If I had to put a number on today it would be a tough battle between 39 and 30. Love them both.

Remove this Banner Ad

What player's number did you wear as a kid?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back