Mega Thread What really grinds my gears.

Remove this Banner Ad

I was at my doctor last week. In the waiting room I checked my email (30 secs), txt messages (5 secs), Bay 13 reports (10 secs) then I put my phone away and sat in quiet contemplation. Every other campaigner was smashing their phones like they were doing something to save the world. What ever happened to being alone with your thoughts?

Huh

I was at my doctor last week. In the waiting room I checked my email (30 secs), txt messages (5 secs), Bay 13 reports (10 secs) then I put my phone away and sat in quiet contemplation. Every other campaigner was smashing their phones like they were doing something to save the world. What ever happened to being alone with your thoughts?

In the doctors office I usually only have two thoughts. I wish this campaigner would hurry the **** up and would I bang the receptionist.

I don't mind being alone with my thoughts if the answer to the 2nd question is yes. Otherwise I'm checking my phone.

Campaigners who come into the restaurant 2 minutes before close and want to order a 3 course dinner!!
What the **** have you pricks been doing all day to decide you're that ****ing hungry right now, I wanna go home too FFS?!?!?? :mad:

Campaigners who live in the city but drive the biggest ****ing 4WD on the market and decide to use this tank to run their everyday errands on tiny city streets taking up 2-3 tiny city parking spaces... :mad:

Not so relevant these days but flogs who never used to rewind their rented video cassettes before returning them to the video library. :mad::mad::mad:

****wits who decide to stand and have a conversation in a doorway!! **** OFF!!!

Better food and the Shake and Win app ftw

Got the app installed on both of my phones. 9 times out of 10 I'll get a free coffee in the morning and usually at least one free burger at night.
Have never seen this, will have to check it out.

Yeah, like the old chicken chippees, are those things still around?
The Inghams ones? They are but they changed them as well. Also not as good.

****wits who decide to stand and have a conversation in a doorway!! **** OFF!!!
Same with the ones that do it one step from a doorway or exit of some kind. I make sure I walk in between them.

Also escalators.
1. Ones that gather in a group and stand either at the top or bottom and decide "should we go to the next floor?".

2. Ones that stand there for ages waiting for the right timing to hop on. It doesn't incline/decline straight away, you have a good few steps to adjust. One girl I saw stand there for 3 seconds to time it. It's not like an obstacle course.

Kids mimicking the american drawl they hear on TV but end up actually sounding like croaky old women

Why spend a fortune on spray tans etc when your voice artificially is the most unnatractive thing on e planet ?

No iron or easy iron shirts.

I have never bought one that I haven't had to iron or was easy to iron.:mad:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha, vaguely, I was still pretty young, so not only would I not have had any say, or hand in any of the washing, I doubt I would've had much money in the first place! But I can imagine it ending badly if you left some cash in your pants!!
Ive done it once, never again.
But I can say out of force of habit I always check pockets before they go into the machine.;)

Those pricks in shopping centres that have stalls in the middle of the walkways can GAGF. Don't ask if you can talk to me for just a minute about your shit product and don't follow up with "can I ask you a question?" when I have clearly shown zero interest in what you are selling. **** off.

Do you remember when banknotes were paper.:cry:

I've saved a full set so that my childrens grandchildren can sell 'em for thousands

what we used to call them...

$1 - the brown dog or "her Majesty's spare change"
$2 - kermit the frog
$5 - the purple haze
$10 - Baby blue or a "Lawson"
$20 - Rock lobster
$50 - A Clunies-Ross
$100 - The grey nurse (in it's first incarnation) and thereafter "the jolly green giant"

Turtle Smugglers..
fat-man-pink-shirt-21123730.jpg

People on my Facebook that share things like, this kid has cancer (with a giant tumour on its face) share and he will get a dollar.

I thought you were smarter than this, get this ****ing spam off my feed.

Where do you think this dollar is coming from?

People on my Facebook that share things like, this kid has cancer (with a giant tumour on its face) share and he will get a dollar.

I thought you were smarter than this, get this ******* spam off my feed.

Where do you think this dollar is coming from?
I've got maybe ten people left on my facebook that have the option for their posts to show up on my wall. Mostly because of shit like this and people who suddenly know everything there is to know in AusPolitics two weeks before every election and want to share their uninformed bullshit with the world.

I've got maybe ten people left on my facebook that have the option for their posts to show up on my wall. Mostly because of shit like this and people who suddenly know everything there is to know in AusPolitics two weeks before every election and want to share their uninformed bullshit with the world.
Are they the same people who, during spring carnival, will bore me shitless with their "knowledge" about racing odds and track conditions ?

People who use facebook and/or other forms of social media and then complain about other people who use facebook and/or other forms of social media.

You're all enablers.

Are they the same people who, during spring carnival, will bore me shitless with their "knowledge" about racing odds and track conditions ?
No idea because they wouldn't show up anyway! I do recall everyone being a cycling expert every year around the Tour de France though.

People who use facebook and/or other forms of social media and then complain about other people who use facebook and/or other forms of social media.

You're all enablers.
It's excellent for organising events, if I could just have that without the clicktivists opinions that'd be rad but have to take the good with the bad unfortunately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread What really grinds my gears.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back