What team will Sheeds go with in the NAB Cup?

Remove this Banner Ad

redandblackveins

Debutant
Aug 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bendigo Bombers
In the past when Sheeds took the pre season cup serious we generally had a good season.

I think he he will go with the best team he can field, as he will want to send a message the the football public we are back!

I hope he does, we need to go into the season full of confidence. It's good to give the young guys a go and see if they can play in the big league, but we need a good start to the season.

Thoughts?

redandblackveins said:
In the past when Sheeds took the pre season cup serious we generally had a good season.

I think he he will go with the best team he can field, as he will want to send a message the the football public we are back!

I hope he does, we need to go into the season full of confidence. It's good to give the young guys a go and see if they can play in the big league, but we need a good start to the season.

Thoughts?

good point mate confidence plays a big part and if we hav a awesome team in we can go a long way in this pre season comp

Sheeds takes it seriously. When we have the players.

This year, it looks like McPhee, Solomon, Laycock, JJ, Cartledge, Rioli are all likely to miss at least the first round. So its already pretty certain it won't be our "best" side, and a few more injuries could guarantee that.

At that point, no wonder Sheedy goes a "test out the youth" approach.

I'd like to see this line-up:

B: Welsh, Fletcher, McVeigh
HB: Slattery, Bradley, NLM
C: Dyson, Stanton, Winderlich
HF: Lovett, Lucas, Hird
F: Johns, Lloyd, Monfries
R: Hille, Campo, MJ
I: Ryder, Watson, Peverill, Heff, Reynolds, Nash, Dempsey, Lee

But with a couple of weeks still to go, I predict that a few more players will pull out with injury.

Well Sheedy's already said that you won't be seeing Hird, and Johns is doubtful with his hamstring.

I don't think you'll see McVeigh in a back pocket either, they'll put him onball judging by the intra-clubs.

whirl said:
I don't think you'll see McVeigh in a back pocket either, they'll put him onball judging by the intra-clubs.

Hopefully, I really want McVeigh to make the step-up he should have made a couple of years back. Looked ready to move into the midfield with two BOG's in the midfield in the last two games of 2004, but had another medium-good season in 2005. Want to see him in the top 7 or 8 players for us this year and cement a spot in the midfield

Ants said:

This year, it looks like McPhee, Solomon, Laycock, JJ, Cartledge, Rioli are all likely to miss at least the first round. So its already pretty certain it won't be our "best" side, and a few more injuries could guarantee that.

Carts should be ready, he had a few runs in the ruck on saturday.

B - Slats, Henneman, Welsh
HB - NLM, Kep, Reynolds
C - Lovett, Campo, Stanton
HF - Bolton, Lucas, Dyson
F - Watson, Lloyd, M.J

Foll - Hille, McVeigh, Monfries

Inter - Winda, Dempsey, Heff, Nash, Ryder, Jolley

Injured and or Rested - Johns, Cartledge, Cole, Rioli, Smokey,Ramma, Solly, J.J, Hird, Fletch, Pev

Give a bit more time - Lee, Lonergan, Neagle and Lucy

Not at bad side for Round 1 of a NAB cup game.

Ants said:

I don't doubt that Sheeds take all games seriously, but we do need the field the the best team (except for injured players) so we can get off to a good start this season.
Lets not play young players if we have fit senior players available.

waspy said:
I'd like to see this line-up:

B: Welsh, Fletcher, McVeigh
HB: Slattery, Bradley, NLM
C: Dyson, Stanton, Winderlich
HF: Lovett, Lucas, Hird
F: Johns, Lloyd, Monfries
R: Hille, Campo, MJ
I: Ryder, Watson, Peverill, Heff, Reynolds, Nash, Dempsey, Lee

But with a couple of weeks still to go, I predict that a few more players will pull out with injury.

If they are all fit and ready to go this team would tell everyone Sheeds means business this year.
Great Side!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

id like to see this team if everyone was fully fit.

B: Welsh Fletcher Slattery
Hb:Mcphee Bradley Cole
C: Camporealy Dyson Winderlich
Hf: Hird Lucas Lovett
F: Johns Lloyd Ryder

OB: Hille Stanton M.Johnson
INT: Laycock Monfries Heffernan

id like to see a young team. eg ryder, johns, dyson, stants, slats, fries, and also give a chance to impress to cole heff and campo. i like the look of that forward line if johns can improve and ryder can live up to expectation along with the rest of that forward line could be extremely dangerous. and i like dyson in the centre cos he has the ability pace and a rakin left boot the could provide alot of goals.
what do people think?????

Favoured team by sheeds

FB: Slattery Fletcher Solomon
HB: McPhee Bradley Welsh
C: Heffernan Stanton Camporeale
HF: Lovett Lucas M Johnson
FF: Hird Lloyd Monfries (would have been ramanauskas)
R: Hille McVeigh J Johnson
I: N L-M, Dyson, Winderlich, Rioli

whirl said:
That forward line is too tall and slow imho, the opposition would kill us rebounding the ball off them.

since when is lovett, ryder, johns slow and hird lloyd and lucas are all guns that dont need to be overly quick in their position even though they are pretty qucik. lovett is lightning, ryder is exremely quick for his height and is good under his knees, and johns is the seconds quickest over 20 metres in the pre season testing, so i dont see the slowness part and can u have to much height in a forward line especially if they quick and good enough to keep the ball inside the forward 50. and by the way im only just trying things out for the nab cup i just id like to see that forward line.

Bluemike said:
Favoured team by sheeds

FB: Slattery Fletcher Solomon
HB: McPhee Bradley Welsh
C: Heffernan Stanton Camporeale
HF: Lovett Lucas M Johnson
FF: Hird Lloyd Monfries

R: Hille McVeigh J Johnson
I: N L-M, Dyson, Winderlich, Rioli
Love that forwardline. Good mix of goalkicking power and toughness.

Remove this Banner Ad

What team will Sheeds go with in the NAB Cup?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back