Strategy What to do with pick 1 now we’ve got it - Do We Need Reid or is it Curtins

Keep pick 1, or trade it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had enough of all of these kents already.

Nothing would satisfy me more right now than drafting H.Reid and watch him kick a bag against the tin-rattlers.

And anyone else wanting to entertain splitting the pick in this massively compromised draft needs to give themselves an uppercut as well.

I think Harley is a clear step above Curtin. From what I've seen of Curtin is pretty vanilla. Not much to get excited about.

We have to go Harley.
Ankles happen all the time and is nothing to suggest his injury prone. His quick inside centre ability. Reid Kelly Gibney Hewitt midfield is something to get excited about.
I was watching highlights a short while ago. Reid and McKercher are head and shoulders above everyone else. I think Gold Coast will have a very good player in Ethan Read as well.

The gap between Reid and Curtin is widening. This is partially due to Curtin league output which is alright.

I can see north avoid Curtin if they don't pick 4 for mckay

The gap was never close, like every draft guru has Curtin at 4-6 in their rankings, the only reason it appears close is because the Victorian media begging us to trade Reid to pick Curtin lol.

Reid and McKercher are the clear cut best 2 players in the open pool for me.

Sanders would be close to second best atm?

Nah, he’s good but in the 4-7 range imo.

I do think he should be ahead of Watson, but I understand why clubs will likely love Watson, small forwards are so important in todays game and he’ll be a very exciting one.

Surely we don't stuff this up.

Surely.
Animated GIF

The more better Sanders get the less chance AFL will say yes to Norths request of making him be there academy and no way should the AFL allow that
Surely they have no leg to stand on given we were far worse than them this year by a considerable margin.
If they get priority access to Sanders, the AFL should consider doing the same for us (which they won't) with Collard and Livingstone even though the disadvantage to rest of the league is less due to them not being top 10 prospects.
The idea that they need assistance is a fabrication on their part.

Finn O’Sullivan had another good game, he’d just about be leading the race for 2024 pick 1. 2024 draft shaping up to be very good in terms of top end midfield talent, could complete our midfield by next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't wait for footy stuff's highlights video.
Excited I Like It GIF by LA Clippers
Can't help you with that, however, here's something to pacify you in the interim.
Harley Reid's game today - 27 disposals, 5 marks, 5 tackles and a goal (after the fantastic below mark at the top of the goal square).
Harley Reid (4 of 9).jpg
Harley Reid (2 of 9).jpg Harley Reid (8 of 9).jpg
Harley Reid (1 of 9).jpg
Harley Reid (3 of 9).jpg Harley Reid (6 of 9).jpg
Harley Reid (9 of 9).jpg
Harley Reid (5 of 9).jpg
Harley Reid (7 of 9).jpg

Last edited:
Can't help you with that, however, here's something to pacify you in the interim.
Harley Reid's game today - 27 disposals, 5 marks, 5 tackles and a goal (after the fantastic below mark at the top of the goal square).
View attachment 1793413
View attachment 1793415View attachment 1793416
View attachment 1793417
View attachment 1793418View attachment 1793419
View attachment 1793420
View attachment 1793421
View attachment 1793422
It would have to be a monster deal for us to give up this kid...he should be running around in eagle colours for the next 15 years.
Just pick him.

They should just provide their content for free? All the journos thereby working for free.......
The traditional model is that advert revenue is where they make the money. I don't have a problem with paying a subscription, but if I did it for news, I'd expect exclusive content and no adverts.

Disagree, we aren't that dumb.
The only way we'll trade pick 1 is for a completely over the top offer.

If we keep Harley for 2 years, he's going to shine and offers will only improve, or we keep him and he loves Perth.

Sure I'm not disagreeing with that, all I am saying is IF the Eagles made a deal with North, IF being the key word that would likely be the deal.
Let's HOPE the Eagles wouldn't be so DUMB.

Agree, best game I've been to, was so much fun

Correction - that was the worst game to go to live.
Because while you were at the game live - the real game was getting to watch Gary Lyon's face in real time.

I'll never forget that day, the desolation in his eyes, the struggling to swallow (for real)... dreams can come true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back