What to do with picks 16 + 20

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a bit wary of us breaking all sorts of records this pre after how this season turned out - I'd actually be happier if they ran less but did more skills sessions including

- kicking to tit 101
- goal kicking 101
- effective leading 101
- sticking tackles 102
- effective blocking 102

From what I saw of last Pre-season the above areas are all we focussed on, minus the tackling and goal kicking.

From what I saw of last Pre-season the above areas are all we focussed on, minus the tackling and goal kicking.

Poke Salim for his comments I think - I cant recall his exact words when I asked him how 2011 Pre compared to 2010 (while watching the boys train), but I seem to recall there being more running involved and less skills/tackling work. I could be mistaken :p was a year ago

Poke Salim for his comments I think - I cant recall his exact words when I asked him how 2011 Pre compared to 2010 (while watching the boys train), but I seem to recall there being more running involved and less skills/tackling work. I could be mistaken :p was a year ago

Well hopefully they focus on everything! I'm heading down Monday, even though the hopeless reception people can't give me a time. I'm just gonna assume it is 8:30am.

Yeah, let's hope that the start of pre-season give us something to talk about for the next 3 weeks. Hopefully about players breaking club fitness levels.

I fully expect that as per every year with every team, every player has had their best pre-season ever.

I fully expect that as per every year with every team, every player has had their best pre-season ever.

I look forward to Masten learning to fly, burning through steel walls with his eyes and leaping a tall goal post in a single bound.

I'll admit, I don't pay attention to the draftees until the weeks leading up to the draft, but what I've read is that Kersten is who we want, most likely #16. Personally I hope we get him, we need a KPF desperately. If we go for two forwards with our first two picks, we might just have our foward line set up for years.

But enough on the Manson guy, he kicked 10 goals, okay thats great but he did it against nobodys. One match doesn't mean your an instant star, plus it's also interesting that most players that come from their tend to leave AFL to go back (troy taylor, relton roberts, austin wonamerri).

wut.

Care to go into a little more detail with this? :confused:

Sure. Interpret it how you like, maybe I'm misreading it.

Shane Kersten
Keen to leave this hole!
Like · · 31 October at 13:55 near Byford ·
Shane Kersten and 5 others like this.

Steve Verrier That's a shame freo want ya haha
31 October at 14:36 · Like · 1

Shane Kersten I'm quiting
31 October at 14:36 · Like

Steve Verrier Haha your hole cuz, your to good
31 October at 14:39 · Like

Shane Kersten Nah over it
31 October at 15:02 · Like

Steve Verrier Haha how could you be over footy bro?
31 October at 15:15 · Like

Shane Kersten Over perth
31 October at 15:16 · Like

Hayley Bransden Melbourne city is the only place
31 October at 16:40 · Like

Shane Kersten Amen!
31 October at 16:41 · Like

Jeremy Cross shut up u sook!
and dont forget to pick me up in the mornin!
31 October at 16:42 · Like

Hayley Bransden Plus most of the afl teams are Victorian that's because victoria is the best state. If ever you do choose Melbourne move to the city the suburbs are not much fun.
31 October at 16:51 · Like

Shane Kersten I know I used to
Live there !
31 October at 16:54 · Like

Hayley Bransden Why did you ever move it's the only stable place in australia
31 October at 16:56 · Like

Shane Kersten Ha was young !
31 October at 16:57 · Like

I apologize for showing any names or doing anything against the rules but i am lazy/busy at the moment. I'm not trying to insult anyone so i'm not trying to do anything wrong, just wanted to clear that up. I hope I just copied a convo of him being in a bad mood or something as he's the type of player (talent/position wise) we need. Thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll admit, I don't pay attention to the draftees until the weeks leading up to the draft, but what I've read is that Kersten is who we want, most likely #16. Personally I hope we get him, we need a KPF desperately. If we go for two forwards with our first two picks, we might just have our foward line set up for years.

But enough on the Manson guy, he kicked 10 goals, okay thats great but he did it against nobodys. One match doesn't mean your an instant star, plus it's also interesting that most players that come from their tend to leave AFL to go back (troy taylor, relton roberts, austin wonamerri).

Oh hai.

My name is Michael Long.

And I'm Maurice Rioli.

Oh yeah...I'm Cyril Rioli.

And I'm Liam Jurrah.

And, excuse me, I'm Aaron Davey.

I'm his brother.

And I'm Matthew Whelan.

I could go on.

Yes, yes. I realise that you think that he comes from NT. But he is actually from the Kimberley. That's in WA by the way. Bililluna to be exact. An admitted shithole at the top of the Canning Stock Route south of Halls Creek.

I'm not advocating for us drafting Manson at all, as I think that he is too big a risk.

But you only seem to know about ONE game that he has played and you bag him. He has dominated at Claremont AND in the NTFL and yet, you don't even know where he comes from or the rich history that Northern aboriginal footballers have given our sport.

Respectfully, (just), please STFU and do your research before commenting.

Oh hai.

My name is Michael Long.

And I'm Maurice Rioli.

Oh yeah...I'm Cyril Rioli.

And I'm Liam Jurrah.

And, excuse me, I'm Aaron Davey.

I'm his brother.

And I'm Matthew Whelan.

I could go on.

Yes, yes. I realise that you think that he comes from NT. But he is actually from the Kimberley. That's in WA by the way. Bililluna to be exact. An admitted shithole at the top of the Canning Stock Route south of Halls Creek.

I'm not advocating for us drafting Manson at all, as I think that he is too big a risk.

But you only seem to know about ONE game that he has played and you bag him. He has dominated at Claremont AND in the NTFL and yet, you don't even know where he comes from or the rich history that Northern aboriginal footballers have given our sport.

Respectfully, (just), please STFU and do your research before commenting.

How about you try not being a smartass! i was prefering to the more recent and i said he is a risk and so did you so why be a smartass? i obviously dont know much about him, but no need to make it sound like you know everything, should try being a nice person, might get you somewhere.

How about you try not being a smartass! i was prefering to the more recent and i said he is a risk and so did you so why be a smartass? i obviously dont know much about him, but no need to make it sound like you know everything, should try being a nice person, might get you somewhere.

Just stating the facts.

5 out of the 7 that I mentioned are currently in the best 22 of their teams. Is that recent enough? The other two are legends and one has a Brownlow.

You're a teenage kid. I get that.

But just learn a few things before you make broad statements.

Sure. Interpret it how you like, maybe I'm misreading it.

Shane Kersten
Keen to leave this hole!
Like · · 31 October at 13:55 near Byford ·
Shane Kersten and 5 others like this.

Steve Verrier That's a shame freo want ya haha
31 October at 14:36 · Like · 1

Shane Kersten I'm quiting
31 October at 14:36 · Like

Steve Verrier Haha your hole cuz, your to good
31 October at 14:39 · Like

Shane Kersten Nah over it
31 October at 15:02 · Like

Steve Verrier Haha how could you be over footy bro?
31 October at 15:15 · Like

Shane Kersten Over perth
31 October at 15:16 · Like

Hayley Bransden Melbourne city is the only place
31 October at 16:40 · Like

Shane Kersten Amen!
31 October at 16:41 · Like

Jeremy Cross shut up u sook!
and dont forget to pick me up in the mornin!
31 October at 16:42 · Like

Hayley Bransden Plus most of the afl teams are Victorian that's because victoria is the best state. If ever you do choose Melbourne move to the city the suburbs are not much fun.
31 October at 16:51 · Like

Shane Kersten I know I used to
Live there !
31 October at 16:54 · Like

Hayley Bransden Why did you ever move it's the only stable place in australia
31 October at 16:56 · Like

Shane Kersten Ha was young !
31 October at 16:57 · Like

I apologize for showing any names or doing anything against the rules but i am lazy/busy at the moment. I'm not trying to insult anyone so i'm not trying to do anything wrong, just wanted to clear that up. I hope I just copied a convo of him being in a bad mood or something as he's the type of player (talent/position wise) we need. Thanks.

He won't mind so much when he's earning substantially more money I'm sure.

You can bet your bottom dollar that these comments will duly be noted by whoever is interested in him, including us.

It's not a good look which ever way you paint it.

It's a no from me, considering his comments in an interview yesterday, and then this crap.

Social networks are becoming an important factor in looking at the psyche of a kid. And in this case, he really should have STFU.

Good luck somewhere else Shane.

You can bet your bottom dollar that these comments will duly be noted by whoever is interested in him, including us.

It's a no from me, considering his comments in an interview yesterday, and then this crap.

Social networks are becoming an important factor in looking at the psyche of a kid. And in this case, he really should have STFU.

Probably had a shit day on the paint brushes.

" in bond we trust "

Which comments were they?

Agree. Very average personality traits coming through there. GWS obviously did due diligence before naming the pre selections last year.

While i agree with much you have said regarding STFU, it is naive to think a club would be put off such things if they consider him the "best available".

First pick will probably be a mid, there will be plenty of talls available with our next two picks.
I would think that if we require Dawson, Tunbridge, etc, and ohers in the rookie draft, our key position stocks will be in surplus.
Kersten is purely a full forward, I would prefer someone who is more versatile.
Fraser Mcinnes, Jordan Lockyer are a better bet, with Lockyer able to play midfield.

Which comments were they?

You trollin me??

The ones from the link that you posted yesterday.

Like...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/125804/default.aspx

"I thought I had a good season and gave myself the best chance to be picked, but in the end it didn't happen and I had to move on."

and

"I try not to think about it as much as I can because if I let it get to me, that's when things go wrong," Kersten said. "I just have to wait for that day to come."

While i agree with much you have said regarding STFU, it is naive to think a club would be put off such things if they consider him the "best available".

It goes a long way to his character and mindset.

Psyche evaluation and attitude are just as important as footy skills these days.

Remove this Banner Ad

What to do with picks 16 + 20

Remove this Banner Ad

Back