What to do with Stephenson

Remove this Banner Ad

Dane Swan payed his first half season as a forward pocket and looked pretty good, kicking some great goals

Luckily we kept him there for his entire playing career....no, hang on....wait

and what basis is that a legitmate argument? you could counter with well steven milne never moved from the forward line and that worked for him. means nothing.

case by case basis is the only way.

also I didn't say he couldn't get the ball as a midfielder, just when he does its usually in terrible field position followed by bad decision making due to terrible field position.

and what basis is that a legitmate argument? you could counter with well steven milne never moved from the forward line and that worked for him. means nothing.

also I didn't say he couldn't get the ball as a midfielder, just when he does its usually in terrible field position followed by bad decision making due to terrible field position.
Not sure I have ever had a conversation with you, but I like how you think we have been conversing on a personal basis with each other through out this thread

So Stevo eh, he's a ripper isn't he?

Upload one example

On SM-T515 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Collingwood Bubble Logic: He plays some good games forward therefore he should only ever be considered a Forward
Coaching Logic: He is a very good footballer and can play in multiple positions where we as a team can use to our best advantage
Yep.

Pies coaches are wanting all players to improve their game and be able to play multiple positions.

It is why at times we will see Treloar playing FF, Billy Elliott pushing into midfield.

Stepho will rotate through forward and wing just like he has since he debuted.

Kid is a star

I'm not going to limit him, I'm just going to enjoy!

giphy.gif

Predominantly forward with an occasional run in the midfield or off a wing this year, especially off the back of the GF. Time will tell if he can transition to more midfield time as he develops but at this stage it's not needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Use him wherever we want to best assist the team. That's the beauty of this kid. He wins one on ones wherever he is so just play him and keep him interested. Personally I wouldn't waste him on a wing or in defence. He's got the ability to do things that most players can't AND he reads play well. I think eventually he will find himself playing from the centre bounce forward ala Judd and Martin but for now just leave him forward and let him kick LOTS of goals.
I agree with the bit where you say JUST PLAY HIM

Wherever we put him for the love of god make sure it is far out of the line of sight of the main scoreboard where he cant see the odds and current state of play courtesy of everyone's mate Betfair at the intervals (which upon writing this I realise would be essentially down the race into the changerooms, but still!), we dont want another young gun player falling into a similar career path as Beams. He too 10 years ago was the exciting hard running goal sneak as what we talk about Stephenson as here. Hopefully the AFL and clubs know more now than they did then

Wherever we put him for the love of god make sure it is far out of the line of sight of the main scoreboard where he cant see the odds and current state of play courtesy of everyone's mate Betfair at the intervals (which upon writing this I realise would be essentially down the race into the changerooms, but still!), we dont want another young gun player falling into a similar career path as Beams. He too 10 years ago was the exciting hard running goal sneak as what we talk about Stephenson as here. Hopefully the AFL and clubs know more now than they did then

completely different player to Beams

At the moment, I like Stevo playing as a forward pocket who plays high up the ground, dragging a man out and then running back towards goal utilizing his pace

At the moment, I like Stevo playing as a forward pocket who plays high up the ground, dragging a man out and then running back towards goal utilizing his pace
I think this, he also has good hands and can take a grab and good on the lead. Hi pace is key, he only needs a small opening. I don't look away when he has set shots, feel comfortable that it will end up in the right spot.

Looking forward to seeing him out there next up.

Remove this Banner Ad

What to do with Stephenson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back