Opinion What unpopular AFL opinions do you have? - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

On the draft chatter, the only bad and cringeworthy side of it is the massive private school suckfest.

Basically says to me that, if you are a public school kid, forget about pursuing footy at the elite level.

Same goes for other sports.

Yep, the fact school footy takes priority over NAB league is pretty mind-blowing to me.

Haha wtf is this post? It's the thing that makes him great at his job.

The circlejerk makes it sound like he’s doing some 8D chess.

I mean, if he’s getting people in his ear saying “Player X is going to team Y at pick Z”, then he just parrots that on AFL.com - that doesn’t make him an oracle guru savant, it just means he’s a good journo.

I still don’t know if you’re being facetious or not.
But if you want to believe putting a 191cm body on a plane over 300 times in 17 years has no effect on career longevity you should probably take your science and apply for a job at Virgin.
Maybe that’s how we should measure football greatness from here on in. Flight miles.

Shane Parker would be right up there as a legend of the game.

You’re right, that is unpopular.

What’s wrong with them using their platform to promote things like inclusivity?
It's a competition about football, not anything else. Kicking a ball around an oval is all it needs to be. And they can stop with welcome to country too, sick of the AFL making me feel unwelcome in my own country.

You’re right, that is unpopular.

What’s wrong with them using their platform to promote things like inclusivity?
Why is it unpopular though? Who honestly sits down wanting to unwind and watch the footy to hear about gay pride? I voted yes and they have my support but we already played our part mate. No need to continue it surely?

They already have the majorities support & the ones who are bigots are just going to get angrier and lash out for having it shoved down their throat. In fact the only good reason to have a pride round is to piss off the over 50’s religious people but do we really want to be responsible for a pig bashing a gay person like it’s the 1980’s?

I mean no offence to homosexuals with this post, it’s just the first themed round that came to mind.

Why is it unpopular though? Who honestly sits down wanting to unwind and watch the footy to hear about gay pride? I voted yes and they have my support but we already played our part mate. No need to continue it surely?

They already have the majorities support & the ones who are bigots are just going to get angrier and lash out for having it shoved down their throat.

I mean no offence to homosexuals with this post, it’s just the first themed round that came to mind.
Same with being welcomed to country. Yes, thank you for the welcome to my own country. I know and understand how and why we're here. That's all, play football.

Same with being welcomed to country. Yes, thank you for the welcome to my own country. I know and understand how and why we're here. That's all, play football.
Are you talking about the pointless match that Sheedy created for our two teams?

Are you talking about the pointless match that Sheedy created for our two teams?
I'm talking about that and every single week almost being welcomed and acknowledging the country. We ****ing get it, how many times is too many? Just bounce the football and get it through the big sticks more times than the other team and that's it.

St kilda being upset that they weren't inclusive enough too, how about worrying about winning another premiership and not staying the most unsuccessful football team that's ever been?

I'm talking about that and every single week almost being welcomed and acknowledging the country. We ******* get it, how many times is too many? Just bounce the football and get it through the big sticks more times than the other team and that's it.

St kilda being upset that they weren't inclusive enough too, how about worrying about winning another premiership and not staying the most unsuccessful football team that's ever been?
Sometimes I wonder how St Kilda survived, but University didn’t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No ANZAC day clash?
I don't mind that, I appreciate the Anzacs and everything they did to give us the life we have today.

That game and event isn't mentioned every week where possible, only in the week of the game, that doesn't bother me as much.

I feel out of everything the AFL do, I appreciate the Anzac day game and the ceremonies that come with it the most.

The rest is just repetitive and honestly loses its meaning when it's mentioned every week or second week.

I don't mind that, I appreciate the Anzacs and everything they did to give us the life we have today.

That game and event isn't mentioned every week where possible, only in the week of the game, that doesn't bother me as much.

I feel out of everything the AFL do, I appreciate the Anzac day game and the ceremonies that come with it the most.

The rest is just repetitive and honestly loses its meaning when it's mentioned every week or second week.
So only issues you support?

Maybe that’s how we should measure football greatness from here on in. Flight miles.

Shane Parker would be right up there as a legend of the game.
Only 2 WA based players have ever reached 300 games. You don’t find that a bit odd?

And on the other hand, don’t Richmond supporters rate 2020 as the greatest premiership of all time because of the incredible adversity they had to overcome by moving away from the MCG?

I’m surprised as a Richmond supporter you don’t rate David Mundy. You should know all about him after all

And they can stop with welcome to country too, sick of the AFL making me feel unwelcome in my own country.

There’s so much misunderstanding in this sentence it’s hard not to think that you’re being facetious.

All it takes is to put yourself in the shoes of a first nations person and consider the significance of their culture in our history and what it means to acknowledge it in modern times.

Unfortunately, the opinion you've just shared (which isn't actually that unpopular) basically proves that plenty of people believe they are the only ones with a unique shoe size.

All it takes is to put yourself in the shoes of a first nations person and consider the significance of their culture in our history and what it means to acknowledge it in modern times.

Unfortunately, the opinion you've just shared (which isn't actually that unpopular) basically proves that plenty of people believe they are the only ones with a unique shoe size.
I'm not a big fan of it my main problem is having the person reading it out using a phone or bit of paper to remember it. The bloke doing during this years finals was great you could see his brain ticking over as he was saying it. If it means that much to you and you can't do it off the top of your head step away and let someone who can do it

Last edited:
Only 2 WA based players have ever reached 300 games. You don’t find that a bit odd?

And on the other hand, don’t Richmond supporters rate 2020 as the greatest premiership of all time because of the incredible adversity they had to overcome by moving away from the MCG?

I’m surprised as a Richmond supporter you don’t rate David Mundy. You should know all about him after all
Wouldn’t that mean that 2021 is the greatest because Melbourne had to fly further?

I have a strong understanding of it, my partner is an indigenous Australian, her family come from Sale.

Indigenous Round is the only themed round I believe in. No complaints gather round when there’s an extra week too

There’s so much misunderstanding in this sentence it’s hard not to think that you’re being facetious.
How? I was born here, raised here as Australian. Why do I need to be welcomed to my country of birth at every single opportunity? I know and understand the past and agree it is incredibly difficult for those directly involved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back