Opinion What unpopular AFL opinions do you have? - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Unpopular take: Nick Daicos should not win a brownlow until his teammates stop being under direct instruction to always give him the ball.

Kid is special and certainly has his moments (great last qtr vs bombers) but being an elite runner and disposer of the footy should not win you the best award on offer.

Start up a new award like the NBA for highest possie getter of the season or whatever, just dont give him a brownlow!
no worries,. we will just leave him in the pocket to high five the crowd for something to do during the game.

Unpopular take: Nick Daicos should not win a brownlow until his teammates stop being under direct instruction to always give him the ball.

Kid is special and certainly has his moments (great last qtr vs bombers) but being an elite runner and disposer of the footy should not win you the best award on offer.

Start up a new award like the NBA for highest possie getter of the season or whatever, just dont give him a brownlow!

Being an elite runner and user of the football with an elite football iq shouldn’t get you the best player award….. ok.

What should?

Being an elite runner and user of the football with an elite football iq shouldn’t get you the best player award….. ok.

What should?
Not knocking them using his elite skills, im stating that a brownlow medalist (to me) is more than what his game currently is showing.

Once he builds some contested ball into his game and actually sticks a tackle it'd be another story.

Kid is 100% going to get one one year soon and will deserve it too.

Realistically, the umpires have no flipping clue how to vote for a brownlow medallist and he'll probably break the points record this year. 🤣

Not knocking them using his elite skills, im stating that a brownlow medalist (to me) is more than what his game currently is showing.

Once he builds some contested ball into his game and actually sticks a tackle it'd be another story.

Kid is 100% going to get one one year soon and will deserve it too.

Realistically, the umpires have no *ing clue how to vote for a brownlow medallist and he'll probably break the points record this year. 🤣
But they would use others if they had the running power and intelligence to run to those spots, if it’s easy why doesn’t everyone do it? It’s a skill only some possess and if the ball is there to be won he has a crack that’s why I like him… and he plays for Collingwood so I don’t even like saying this!

He is still elite category for contested possesions but his midfield mix is why the ratio is different Tom Mitchell 75 percent of stats contested Pendlebury about 50 percent De Goey similar big bodies who get hands on the ball they need to give it to someone and they give it to a guy that gets more meters gained and has the highest disposals in the competition and still hits efficiency at 83 percent! Why wouldn’t he play that role…. Unfortunately it’s working as well.

You better let the coaches know too before they extend his 12 vote lead in the coaches’ votes

What the hell are you talking about.
Its a thread about unpopular AFL opinions. I've always thought Reiwoldt was soft and was just passing on a Grandpa Simpson style anecdote to reinforce the point. I'm not surprised you couldn't follow that with a face like yours tho.

As a corollary of that stupid megathread about a certain player that won 3 Norm Smiths since apparently Grand Finals are a complete measure of a player's talent - and since this thread is about unpopular AFL opinions...

Unpopular AFL opinion - I think Nick Riewoldt is and was a better player than Dustin Martin.
That's the spirit.

2010 Prelim final
21 possesions 3 goals 3 behinds
2010 QF
22 possesions 11 marks 3 goals

2009 Prelim Final
18 possessions 11 marks 4 goals

2009 Qualifying final
19 possesions 10 marks 5 goals

2008 Semi Final
20 possesions 15 marks 5 goals

Not a bad little stretch of finals.
You left three really important ones out fishface.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its a thread about unpopular AFL opinions. I've always thought Reiwoldt was soft and was just passing on a Grandpa Simpson style anecdote to reinforce the point. I'm not surprised you couldn't follow that with a face like yours tho.
Fireball you are an absolute asset.

Travis Boak was best on ground last night.

JHF was incredible but his disposal going forward hindered Port more than it helped. Once he starts hitting those targets he could be the best player in the game.

3 votes: Boak
2 votes: JHF
1 vote: Marshall

Where is Nick Riewoldt these days? Seemed to be on the up as a media presenter the lay couple of years.
Rumour has it he got caught dipping his pen in company ink so fled to the US.

Fixture should be revised in the second half of the season.
The fact Essendon gets to play North and the Eagles 2x is a huge advantage.
Only the bottom 6 teams should be able to play against the bottom 2 clubs 2x.

Aren't Melbourne also playing two bottom 6 teams twice this year as well?
It's definitely an issue when top 4 is so important.

Aren't Melbourne also playing two bottom 6 teams twice this year as well?
It's definitely an issue when top 4 is so important.
You might be right. Just confirms another issue in the competition regarding a level playing field.
For top 4 and those fighting out for the last finals spot. All important.

Should we call it the Matt Priddis award, a man who proved you can win a brownlow even though you are terrible at actually kicking the footy.

Essendon no guarantee to win any of those games Vinnie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion What unpopular AFL opinions do you have? - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back