Opinion What unpopular AFL opinions do you have ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nick Blakey isn't that good

I rewatched the Brisbane game from round 1 of 2021, which was the last time we beat the Lions.

Our pivot from Gulden and Warner being just another two very effective cogs in the machine towards building the game plan around them and trying to get it in their hands as much as possible was a very detrimental move.

I rewatched the Brisbane game from round 1 of 2021, which was the last time we beat the Lions.

Our pivot from Gulden and Warner being just another two very effective cogs in the machine towards building the game plan around them and trying to get it in their hands as much as possible was a very detrimental move.

Warner and Gulden are icing

Not cake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1 and 2 in your first post might need revisiting.
Nah I stand by those.
Rowie is very good and I like him a lot but not elite - can’t see him getting an AA jacket.

Mills was never an extracting bull and is too slow for a midfielder, but very good at organising defence. Need him down back for the big games but not marking Darcy Jones.

That as a player, you should go for as a big a contract you can get then slacken off. Premierships are secondary to $$$ earned as you only have 10 years of earning potential.

Winning a prelim is more exciting than winning a grand final.

You still have something to look forward to when you win a prelim. When you win the grand final, it all kind of hits you how it doesn’t really matter than much.

Edit: also the crowds at a prelim are parochial. The crowds at grand finals have too many neutrals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion What unpopular AFL opinions do you have ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back