Remove this Banner Ad

Sir Razzle

Debutant
Jun 7, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Hey guys,

I missed the Port vs Eagles game last night due to a 21st and saw that we got beaten pretty badly. What happened though? Did we play particularly badly or did Port play particularly well? In what areas did we get beaten? (As in clearances, inaccuracy, etc...) And who was good and who was cr@p?

And Embers, please respond to this. I always seem to agree with your analyses on the games.

Midfield was arse r*ped and gave stuff all to the forwards. The forwards managed to stuff up what the midfield hadn't already. Three quarters of the team were indifferent, and three quarters of the other quarter didn't give a shyte. Whatever was left over was crushed out by the red maggots in the middle, who still think that Eagles players don't have heads or backs :mad:

[/rant]

Lynch drops a mark said:
midfield was belted from half way through the 1st

forwards and defenders were ok concidering the delivery
Yeap:thumbsu:

Our Great Escapes over the last 2 weeks have glossed over our defencies, which finally came home to roost v Port.

This isn't an over-reaction (because I've been saying it all year) but....

We've been getting pumelled at stoppages / in the centre all year. Its like we've gone soft and aren't physical enough this year.

Forwards and backline are going great, but.... the delivery to the forwards has been attrocious all year.

Add in our Dockersque game plan of mucking around with the ball, going sideways and playing along the flanks at all costs.

Finally, our skills let us down, as they have most of the year. Port wanted the win more.

I get the feeling that Woosh is non-plussed about the result. Consider leaving Wirrpanda forward for 3/4 of the game.

I get the feeling as well that we're replicating 91 / 92 again.

91 & 05 - It was all about pumelling the opposition at any cost.

92 & 06 - Just doing enough to win and keeping our A grade game plan close to our chest until finals time. Well, at least I hope so.

There was too many skill errors.

Our main problem is our dodgy turnovers... we get the ball, and run off, and move it up forward into attack, but then constantly there is dodgy turnovers, which is resulting in a goal because most PA players are free.

We gotta be a lot more efficient.

But anyway, add that to the wet weather during the game, (we never play well in wet weather), plus PA massive flooding, and a few dodgy umpire calls, and we had a pretty decent loss.

It aint the end of the world though, now they can get a very muchly needed weeks rest, and get back into it again. And our game breaker juddy will be back... and the big man gardner should be to. So im not to worried, we are still a major contendor for the flag.

Killer eagle said:
But anyway, add that to the wet weather during the game, (we never play well in wet weather), plus PA massive flooding, and a few dodgy umpire calls, and we had a pretty decent loss.

Wasn't wet. Dry all night, no wind, perfect. Slightly slippery underfoot.

PA did not flood.

Dodgy umpire calls: Agree on a couple of standouts eg Chad's goal and a couple of others. But we had a couple of doozies against us as well.

Killer eagle said:
...PA massive flooding....
Thats the thing

I actually think the flooding is our fault.

We allow the opposition time to flood back by playing indirect (along the flanks) football.

We have no one but ourselves to blame.

Every team floods against us and every team has an open forward line against us.

It's rediculous how we haven't adressed this problem.

WeSt CoAsT EaGLeS said:
Stenglein did a great job on Chad Cornes, but someone really needed to pick up Shaun Burgoyne and Danyle Pierce, as they were the main playmakers for Port.

What....you mean like the job surjan (a 14 gamer) did on kerr and cornes did on cousins ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

portly said:
Wasn't wet. Dry all night, no wind, perfect. Slightly slippery underfoot.

PA did not flood.

Dodgy umpire calls: Agree on a couple of standouts eg Chad's goal and a couple of others. But we had a couple of doozies against us as well.

Ok my bad about the wet weather, was of my head when watching the game, and for some reason thought it was wet.

But PA did flood pretty badly. I mean, there was a few times where we turned it over, they moved the ball into attack, and still by the time they got it there there was no one in there forward fifty.

The thing is normally when were quick we can beat the flood, but when we trying rebounding quickly, were doing some very dodgy passes, and costly turnovers. Then when we slow it down and try a careful approach along the wing we slowly crawl forward, but then when kicking to a team mate, the opposition always seems to have front spot, and takes the mark. Just less skill errors would make a world of difference, when were at our best we can get the ball forward in an amazingly quick burst.

94_Eagles said:
Every team floods against us and every team has an open forward line against us.

It's rediculous how we haven't adressed this problem.

I guess you don't watch many games then, do you? I have been to all games this year (again) and watched most on TV and can't recall the last time a team employed a flood for more than 2 minutes against us.

what went wrong? We (finally) ran out of steam, our running gameplan is close to the most taxing brand of footy you can possibly play. Our guys are unbelievably fit but you can't expect them to keep it up for the 12th week in a row. The 2 comebacks previous to this show just how much heart some of the guys have, literally running themselves into the ground, it finally caught up with us.

We will probably benefit the most of any team from the week's break IMO.

GoOsH1 said:
what went wrong? We (finally) ran out of steam, our running gameplan is close to the most taxing brand of footy you can possibly play. Our guys are unbelievably fit but you can't expect them to keep it up for the 12th week in a row. The 2 comebacks previous to this show just how much heart some of the guys have, literally running themselves into the ground, it finally caught up with us.

We will probably benefit the most of any team from the week's break IMO.

Exactly.

The Burgoyne's? DO we hate em? Yep, we join those Adelaide women who've been unlucky enough walk through the Parklands when they're out for a stroll.

bannersgal said:
The Burgoyne's? DO we hate em? Yep, we join those Adelaide women who've been unlucky enough walk through the Parklands when they're out for a stroll.

I'd get your facts straight before posting this sort of **** - Shaun had nothing to do with any incident in the parklands. And WC supporters are in no position to post rumours about their players - cocaine anyone?

truebelievers said:
I'd get your facts straight before posting this sort of **** - Shaun had nothing to do with any incident in the parklands. And WC supporters are in no position to post rumours about their players - cocaine anyone?
Well, you know how these rumours grow. And grow. Good on you for leaping to his defence.

SB was outstanding against us, and played the kind of footy that makes us all so passionate about the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

What went wrong?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back