What will August (and the lead up to d-day)bring...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see suspended suspensions being accepted by ASADA/WADA. That would mean the strict liabilities players have is eroded and sets a precedent for all and sundry.
They can fine and strip as many points as they like, but I agree, WADA just won't accept suspended suspensions.

They can fine and strip as many points as they like, but I agree, WADA just won't accept suspended suspensions.

WADA only have the power to appeal don't they? If they aren't happy... and then what is the process from there?

I'm going to throw this in...it seems quite reasonable to the naked eye that ASADA have buggered things up with the advice they gave either the club, Dank or both.

How would WADA feel about a national sports drug agency buggering things up in such a manner as has quite likely to have happened.

No-one's prepared to discuss that in terms of Essendon, because people can't face the potential reality of it.

To that end also, given that it was this information that was place in the ACC report, it would be highly unlikely that an instrument of law reporting to the nation's Attorney-General would have stuffed up in such a manner too.

I agree. If guilty Essendon should not only be ruled virtually ineligible for this year, but ensure they are unable to compete for a premiership for at least the next year or two.

Essendon would love it if their only sanction was to be removed from finals in a year they probably aren't going to win it. They will be in a much better position to win it next season.

I'm going to throw this in...it seems quite reasonable to the naked eye that ASADA have buggered things up with the advice they gave either the club, Dank or both.

How would WADA feel about a national sports drug agency buggering things up in such a manner as has quite likely to have happened.

No-one's prepared to discuss that in terms of Essendon, because people can't face the potential reality of it.

To that end also, given that it was this information that was place in the ACC report, it would be highly unlikely that an instrument of law reporting to the nation's Attorney-General would have stuffed up in such a manner too.

Have you got proof that ASADA gave incorrect advice to the club?

Or is it just because Essendon/ Dank said xyz just like they said they had a letter.....

I don't understand the point of a 6 month ban in September. They won't miss any games. That ban will not fly with WADA. Essendon are headed for trouble and the AFL can't save them. They should lose 2013 and 2014 picks. Maybe a few late picks in 2014. Stripped of 2012 and 2013 points. $5 mill fine. I think a 12 month ban or a 6 month in competition ban will happen to the players. Essendon will compete in 2014 for points. Jobe loses his Brownlow.

And the person above is right, this is a farce. They should not be allowed to play and disrupt the seasons of teams who have not cheated. Jobe admitting it was a huge mistake. He's brought this on himself. No sympathy.

Imagine if the Bombers make the grand final, or worse, win it. How bad would that look for the AFL?? They'd lose ALL of their remaining credibility. Demetriou would be gone. Mclachlan likewise. They will not allow this to happen. No way are the Bombers playing finals this year. None.

Will make me smile. :thumbsu:

Yet Hird seems so confident to the point off being smug and arrogant it will all be ok.... and if they are cleared how will the public react especially after Jobe admitting it?

The only outcome I can see myself is guilty..best case they HAVE to be charged with bringing the game into disrepute...they are after all the reason this controversy exists..but the timing of the expected outcome makes for interesting times
Hird is always smug.He thinks he is untouchable.

yep, but the AFL fulfils its TV rights contracts.

And here is the exact reason this is dragging on til August! The AFL acts before then and the comp gets turned upside down.I wonder if Vlad has had talks with Ms.Andruska and asked for no sanctions til the end of H&A? How else could a player admit use and still be playing??

So your CEO resigned because of media hyperbole??!!

CEO resigned because he wasn't doing his job.

best case scenario in this situation surely is complete innocence and nothing happens

if the points get stripped and the Bombers excluded from finals, what happens for the teams that played them twice? it's not really fair to just elevate the 9th team.

you could argue that you just strike all games against them from the record to not disadvantage anyone that lost to them, but that will leave some teams having played a game less.

I guess the AFL will come up with a fair solution..................(not serious).

I don't think that will be an issue. The teams battling it out for the 8 (Richmond, Carlton and West Coast) all play Essendon twice. It will only become an issue if the verdict is released between August 12th and 24th, and the Bombers are found guilty.

Richmond and Carlton will get a game against a crippled Bombers side while West Coast will have to meet them at full strength two weeks beforehand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you got proof that ASADA gave incorrect advice to the club?

Or is it just because Essendon/ Dank said xyz just like they said they had a letter.....

No I don't.

But unlike the sychophants, if a document coming from a significant body in this country who reports to the Attorney-General of the country produces a document such as the report it delivered in February, you'd be pretty confident that the document contained all the facts.

Those facts had to have come from other authorities. ASADA is one, WADA is another. The TGA and PBS are others in this field. As would be Customs and Border Protection. You could say that the ACC has the most accurate information at its disposal of the lot.

I don't think that will be an issue. The teams battling it out for the 8 (Richmond, Carlton and West Coast) all play Essendon twice. It will only become an issue if the verdict is released between August 12th and 24th, and the Bombers are found guilty.

Richmond and Carlton will get a game against a crippled Bombers side while West Coast will have to meet them at full strength two weeks beforehand.
Thanks:thumbsu: . In hindsight I could have looked that up myself I guess but didn't bother.:oops:

Just on the bolded bit. WADA is a governing body for global sport. They wouldn't give a horse turd if ASADA made a error. They will correctly point out that they had the correct information and that due diligence should have been done and both ASADA and WADA been contacted prior to any implementation of something so important as a drug program. It actually highlights how shifty it all is. Essendon get the response they want even though they all know they should have checked with WADA and gleefully begin, thinking a mistake will cover there arse.

How wrong they will be shown there thinking was

Just on the bolded bit. WADA is a governing body for global sport. They wouldn't give a horse turd if ASADA made a error. They will correctly point out that they had the correct information and that due diligence should have been done and both ASADA and WADA been contacted prior to any implementation of something so important as a drug program. It actually highlights how shifty it all is. Essendon get the response they want even though they all know they should have checked with WADA and gleefully begin, thinking a mistake will cover there arse.

How wrong they will be shown there thinking was

I'm sure I heard some time ago that if WADA is contacted by a party concerned about these issues, they are referred back to the governing body of that country. If that is right, then the issue of ASADA's total incompetence has to be looked into.

If they are found guilty in August then the AFL will have to strip them of premiership points, regardless of whether or not their are player bans.

-if the players aren't banned and get to play finals there will be enormous backlash
-if the players are banned and they get to play finals, an underserving 2nd rate team is going to get pummelled (inb4 North references)

Either way the Bombers playing finals this year will be a bad look for the AFL.

So overall:

-Stripped of 2012 premiership points and awarded the 2012 spoon. The only argument against this one is "who cares?". Well if nobody cares then it shouldn't matter if they are stripped. It's a pretty logical decision.
-Any individual league achievements (not BnF's etc) won by banned players to be stripped.
-2013 premiership points stripped.
-7 figure fine.
-Loss of 1st and 2nd round draft picks for the 2013, 2014 and maybe 2015 drafts.
-Player suspensions to be determined by ASADA.

If they are found guilty in August then the AFL will have to strip them of premiership points, regardless of whether or not their are player bans.

-if the players aren't banned and get to play finals there will be enormous backlash
-if the players are banned and they get to play finals, an underserving 2nd rate team is going to get pummelled (inb4 North references)

So overall:

-Stripped of 2012 premiership points and awarded the 2012 spoon. The only argument against this one is "who cares?". Well if nobody cares then it shouldn't matter if they are stripped. It's a pretty logical decision.
-Any individual league achievements (not BnF's etc) won by banned players to be stripped.
-7 figure fine.
-Loss of 1st and 2nd round draft picks for the 2012, 2013 and maybe 2014 drafts.

Ha!

So overall:

-7 figure fine.
-Loss of 1st and 2nd round draft picks for the 2012, 2013 and maybe 2014 drafts.
How do you take away draft picks for last year? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back