What would a Dutton Liberal leadership mean for the Liberals and the country?

Remove this Banner Ad

Or the SA Liberal Party

Or the Family First Party that has seen candidates elected across several states in several elections - many becoming state MPs?

View attachment 2038987

Or the SDU in the Labor Party?

The sheer ignorance of the poster to whom you responded continue to amuse.
MPMonkeys is trying to come up with a response which tries not to use the phrase "Judeo-Christian values" but means the same thing.

As if to most people outside those faiths, that Islam, Christianity and Judaism aren't practically the same thing.

Australian democracy is not built on religious lines. Imagine the outcry if a Catholic Party decided to run and govern the country.
Our politicians are meant to represent everyone in his/her electorate or state for senators. How can a party that is specific to a religion work for everyone? Its impossible.

I mean you have to ask yourself the question. What would be the end goal for a 'Muslim' party? What do they want for this country?
I don't think people would like the answers very much.

And where would this stop - because as soon as you have a dedicated Muslim party then its long odds on that there will be a Catholic or Christian Party and then a Jewish Party etc etc. That would not be a good outcome.

Or the SA Liberal Party

Or the Family First Party that has seen candidates elected across several states in several elections - many becoming state MPs?

View attachment 2038987

And old mate ScoMo?

The sheer ignorance of the poster to whom you responded continue to amuse.

And of course this mob. How quickly dear old Fred Nile has been forgotten.

Australian democracy is not built on religious lines. Imagine the outcry if a Catholic Party decided to run and govern the country.
Our politicians are meant to represent everyone in his/her electorate or state for senators. How can a party that is specific to a religion work for everyone? Its impossible.

I mean you have to ask yourself the question. What would be the end goal for a 'Muslim' party? What do they want for this country?

And where would this stop - because as soon as you have a dedicated Muslim party then its long odds on that there will be a Catholic or Christian Party and then a Jewish Party etc etc. That would not be a good outcome.
What Muslim party exists? Afaik there are representatives of other political parties who just happen to be Muslim, same as christians or Jewish.
Though I do have vague recollections of a Jewish specific party that ran in senate (don’t think they won seats but contributed to the preference harvesting shit)

What do you think Muslim Australian should do if they feel they aren't being represented?
Clearly they should go back to where they came from.

Because he is speaking in the context of a specific Muslim party being set up.
Again, gonna need a specific example. Otherwise this is duttons arse pull make shit up which is again rubbish and I again raise the question why must we treat this leader of the opposition as having an opinion of value? When I call talkback and try to highlight his inherent lack of worth to his opinions, based on his prior demonstrated lack of substance, I get shut down by the abc hosts who say “he’s the loto therefore he matters “

Bullshit

Care to discuss the roots of the ALP in the Irish Catholic heritage in Australia (including Eureka), and the split of what became the DLP from the Labor Party that kept Labor in Opposition for more than 20 years.

Care to discuss the schism between the Roman Catholic Church and the Protestant Churches (especially in rural communities) where business, economic and social interactions were along religious lines. People marrying outside their family's Christian faith were disowned by their families, even up to the late '80's

What was the minor party that held the balance of power in the Senate for all post war years up until it's eventual decline, holding the nation to ransom with Conservative Roman Catholic religious, legislative, social and economic values for almost 30 years; more that a third of the then period since Federation?

As this is a Footy Forum, care to discuss the politcs elaborated on in"Power Without Glory" and the power plays of Malone (Mannix). West (Wren) and the Carringbush Football Club (Collingwood) and the corrupt repercussions through the political landscape pre and post WWII across Federal and State politics?

I know you won't engage on this. but what is the difference between the Roman Catholic Church's impact on Australian and one Muslim Senator who is is moving to the cross bench?

Because he is speaking in the context of a specific Muslim party being set up.
No he is not.

When Trump said he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and get away with it he was referring to people like you who are so blind in your support of one side you will defend anything - in this case blatant islamophobia - again.

Dutton is a racist pig.

What Muslim party exists? Afaik there are representatives of other political parties who just happen to be Muslim, same as christians or Jewish.
Though I do have vague recollections of a Jewish specific party that ran in senate (don’t think they won seats but contributed to the preference harvesting shit)
It doesn’t exist but I believe Dutton was speaking in the context of a specific Muslim party being set up in the west of Sydney which has been widely talked about.

Basing a political party on religious grounds is dangerous, divisive and unhelpful to Australia broadly. And I would say the same if someone wanted to set up a Catholic party or Buddhism party so don’t get your knickers in a know that this is somehow racist.

Bullshit

Care to discuss the roots of the ALP in the Irish Catholic heritage in Australia (including Eureka), and the split of what became the DLP from the Labor Party that kept Labor in Opposition for more than 20 years.

Care to discuss the schism between the Roman Catholic Church and the Protestant Churches (especially in rural communities) where business, economic and social interactions were along religious lines. People marrying outside their family's Christian faith were disowned by their families, even up to the late '80's

What was the minor party that held the balance of power in the Senate for all post war years up until it's eventual decline, holding the nation to ransom with Conservative Roman Catholic religious, legislative, social and economic values for almost 30 years; more that a third of the then period since Federation?

As this is a Footy Forum, care to discuss the politcs elaborated on in"Power Without Glory" and the power plays of Malone (Mannix). West (Wren) and the Carringbush Football Club (Collingwood) and the corrupt repercussions through the political landscape pre and post WWII across Federal and State politics?

I know you won't engage on this. but what is the difference between the Roman Catholic Church's impact on Australian and one Muslim Senator who is is moving to the cross bench?
What has this got to do with the year 2024?
Society has moved on from what it was 80-100 years ago.

Again, gonna need a specific example. Otherwise this is duttons arse pull make shit up which is again rubbish and I again raise the question why must we treat this leader of the opposition as having an opinion of value? When I call talkback and try to highlight his inherent lack of worth to his opinions, based on his prior demonstrated lack of substance, I get shut down by the abc hosts who say “he’s the loto therefore he matters “
Well obviously you do think his opinion has value given you have just spent some time trying to argue against his opinion.

If you don’t value his opinion and you genuinely believe he offers nothing then you can safely ignore him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s a huge overlap in what a Jewish or Muslim party would wish for
Only the names and symbols differ

"....m....m.....moo.....mooselum candidates in western sydney !!!!!! "

campaigner can't help himself, all he had to do this week was stfu but nooooooo, gotta pander to the 2gb crowd
****en idiot

It doesn’t exist but I believe Dutton was speaking in the context of a specific Muslim party being set up in the west of Sydney which has been widely talked about.

Basing a political party on religious grounds is dangerous, divisive and unhelpful to Australia broadly. And I would say the same if someone wanted to set up a Catholic party or Buddhism party so don’t get your knickers in a know that this is somehow racist.
Widely talked about by fear-mongers from Sky News and the Liberal Party who use the word "Muslim" as a pejorative term, as do most of their listeners.

Dog whistling at it's finest, and here we have MPM answering the whistle. "I wasn't also being racist, I was just repeating what was widely reported".

What has this got to do with the year 2024?
Society has moved on from what it was 80-100 years ago.
You didn't answer the question

When did Brian Harradine leave the Senate?

Why was Cardinal Pell so beloved by the Coalition, the political Right and News Corp?

All those events and the impact of each individual on Australian Society and politics are within the memory of any voter under the age of 25

There is absolutely nothing "Liberal" about Dutton.

He is a wannabe right wing populist autocrat in the mould of Trump including mass scale grifting of public money, destruction of the judiciary, destruction of the administrative arm of government and destruction of the free media.

I have no idea how liberals can still support this?

The good news is he doesn't have the charisma or cult of personality traits that make most right wing populists succeed.

Dutton's personality and likeability are about as appealing as a swamp.

Even his physical presentation. Voldemort would still play in people's heads when thinking about him.

Just like the array of sycophants lining up to boos the nuclear discussion (which is all it will ever be, discussion).

Never been seriously looked at. It has been lots of times including a very thorough report by switowski? In the Howard years.

These bozos write almost a thesis but the basis is crap so ergo. All crap

So how are you complaining or otherwise acting against Fred Nile?

Just like the array of sycophants lining up to boos the nuclear discussion (which is all it will ever be, discussion).

Never been seriously looked at. It has been lots of times including a very thorough report by switowski? In the Howard years.

These bozos write almost a thesis but the basis is crap so ergo. All crap
Switkowski is very much pro nuclear. Maybe you need to get up to speed.

I didn’t explain. A recent comment was nuclear has never been looked into seriously. Of course it has, by the LNP and was promptly forgotten about.

Claim is the tech has improved, but the commentary on that is mixed

So what do we know about nuclear so far;

• it needs 100 years to be economically viable (Ted O’Briens words) - oldest plant currently operating is 52 years
  • only China and Russia are currently building them
  • each plant costs circa $80-90 billion
  • needs a supporting nuclear industry that Australia simply does not have.
  • it will increase electricity prices

Hmmm 🤔

Are you serious?
He is 89 years old and no longer a member of Parliament. Is that all you have? Pathetic.
Yeah I’d expect you to still go him for his religious based party. Call him out. It doesn’t matter that he is 89 and no longer there, you should be calling it out for consistency.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back