What would a Dutton Liberal leadership mean for the Liberals and the country?

Remove this Banner Ad

Well obviously you do think his opinion has value given you have just spent some time trying to argue against his opinion.

If you don’t value his opinion and you genuinely believe he offers nothing then you can safely ignore him.
No, it’s important to show others that Dutton had no value. Ignoring him only allows his idiocy to be unchallenged.

Unfortunately it’s how trolls are successful.

It doesn’t exist but I believe Dutton was speaking in the context of a specific Muslim party being set up in the west of Sydney which has been widely talked about.

Basing a political party on religious grounds is dangerous, divisive and unhelpful to Australia broadly. And I would say the same if someone wanted to set up a Catholic party or Buddhism party so don’t get your knickers in a know that this is somehow racist.

Oh so now you believe...

Basing a political party on religious grounds is dangerous, divisive and unhelpful to Australia broadly.
Feck me. Are you still here with your bleating nonsense?

It's 2024 and our national and state Parliaments, with members from various religious and non religious faiths and backgrounds, still 'beseech' their Christian God to guide their decision making every day they go to work.

Preaching from the origins of the same book that reckons that someone lived for three days in the guts of a whale.

And you're worried that our democracy is under threat because some people might form a political party based on a different set of myths.

You want to argue that religion in all its forms should be banned from our Parliament, you have my full and unwavering support.

Until then. Go away with your hypocritical BS.

Feck me. Are you still here with your bleating nonsense?

It's 2024 and our national and state Parliaments, with members from various religious and non religious faiths and backgrounds, still 'beseech' their Christian God to guide their decision making every day they go to work.

Preaching from the origins of the same book that reckons that someone lived for three days in the guts of a whale.

And you're worried that our democracy is under threat because some people might form a political party based on a different set of myths.

You want to argue that religion in all its forms should be banned from our Parliament, you have my full and unwavering support.

Until then. Go away with your hypocritical BS.
+1

And singing songs with words which are nothing to do with either today nor the Christ figure which is being mythologised

Last edited:

Albanese says the same thing.
No that's not the same thing at all.

And the claim about faith based parties is NOT the point Dutton was making at all, nor was it what was highly offensive.

Dutton saying "It will included Muslim candidates from Western Sydney, it will be a disaster". is what was the offensive part.

And you know it so stop with the BS false comparison.

And they are both happy to cosplay as religious people when it suits them politically

View attachment 2039834

View attachment 2039835
The removal of shoes, covering of one's head and other body parts, speaking quietly or not at all and other traditions is respectful behaviour when visiting the worship places of many religions - even for those of different faith or non believers. Of course our political leaders do it as do tourists and others.

Its about respect not politics.

Calling it 'cosplay' is just childish ignorance.

Albanese says the same thing.
But from that same article, Dutton says the opposite

"I don't have any problem with a party that has a religious view," he told Nine News.

So which way is it?

Wait, Dutton is publicly telling his backers he can’t win?

Why aren’t there calls for his head already? A plan to let labor win again but so be so bad his pathetic policy efforts will seem like a safe bet?

That there are no calls for his head is really other worldly. But the focus is on dog whistling?

Why aren’t there calls for his head already? A plan to let labor win again but so be so bad his pathetic policy efforts will seem like a safe bet?

That there are no calls for his head is really other worldly. But the focus is on dog whistling?
Where has this come from?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty simple - both have said that a Party whose primary purpose is religious based can lead to all sorts of problems.

Maybe we should stop funding religious schools. They can lead to all sorts of problems.

What do you think?

1 - No one wants the chalice
2 - There's no one capable enough anyway

What a ****en clownshow party

Maybe we should stop funding religious schools. They can lead to all sorts of problems.

What do you think?
And we all know why the Howard Liberal government introduced the taxpayer funded School Chaplain program don’t we?

I mean there was no option for a non religious counsellor, with all chaplains requiring to be "ordained, commissioned or endorsed by a recognised religious institution".

Blatant bible bashing of kids funded by the taxpayers.

Australian democracy is not built on religious lines. Imagine the outcry if a Catholic Party decided to run and govern the country.
Our politicians are meant to represent everyone in his/her electorate or state for senators. How can a party that is specific to a religion work for everyone? Its impossible.

I mean you have to ask yourself the question. What would be the end goal for a 'Muslim' party? What do they want for this country?
I don't think people would like the answers very much.

And where would this stop - because as soon as you have a dedicated Muslim party then its long odds on that there will be a Catholic or Christian Party and then a Jewish Party etc etc. That would not be a good outcome.
Tony Abbott - Catholic
Malcolm Turnbull - Catholic
Scott Morrison - Pentacostal
Anthony Albanase - Catholic

Jacinta Allan - Catholic
Chris Minns - Catholic
Roger Cook - Presbyterian
Peter Malinauskas - Catholic
Steven Miles - Anglican
Jeremy Rockliff - Anglican

Tell me again how our democracy is not built upon religous lines

Tony Abbott - Catholic

Jacinta Allan - Catholic
Chris Minns - Catholic
Steven Miles - Anglican

The mics are making good ground - alcohol sales will be up

It doesn’t exist but I believe Dutton was speaking in the context of a specific Muslim party being set up in the west of Sydney which has been widely talked about.

Basing a political party on religious grounds is dangerous, divisive and unhelpful to Australia broadly. And I would say the same if someone wanted to set up a Catholic party or Buddhism party so don’t get your knickers in a know that this is somehow racist.
aa4c4b8f51e7823295cdba89c025c2c8

Tony Abbott - Catholic

Jacinta Allan - Catholic
Chris Minns - Catholic
Steven Miles - Anglican

Well Albanese and abbot/turnball are in different parties. I.e. we don't have a catholic party.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back