What would a Dutton Liberal leadership mean for the Liberals and the country?

Remove this Banner Ad

Well Albanese and abbot/turnball are in different parties. I.e. we don't have a catholic party.
I knew I could absolutely trust you to completely miss the point

Jeremy Rockliff also isn't labor but that doesn't matter either

Both majors are religious parties

I knew I could absolutely trust you to completely miss the point

Jeremy Rockliff also isn't labor but that doesn't matter either

Both majors are religious parties
The issue of parties forming along religious lines is that religions only support one party. If religious people participate across all parties then parties aren't forming along religious lines now are they?

The issue of parties forming along religious lines is that religions only support one party. If religious people participate across all parties then parties aren't forming along party lines now are they?
Big lol

Kinda looks like a Christian duopoly.

Many say that muslims and christians follow the same god , so maybe it's more about race than religion?
Or it might be that 70 percent of over 45s in this country (ie. The age at where leaders come from) are Christian. Ps. Gillard was a proud athiest (as am I).

Or it might be that 70 percent of over 45s in this country (ie. The age at where leaders come from) are Christian. Ps. Gillard was a proud athiest (as am I).
Who backed the Catholics in her own party because they hold the power

Thanks for the chuckle Seeds I often forget how confidently wrong you are

Here is what albanese said when explaining what he meant by faith based voting lines. "It seems to me, as well, beyond obvious that it is not in the interest of smaller minority groups to isolate themselves – which is what a faith-based party system would do."

Isolate as only participate and vote for a single party. Why would albanese want to discourage religious people from leading parties when he is literally a religious person leading a party?

Anyway I will stop here. You can choose to accept the meaning of the term or not. Was just trying to help inform where I thought you were confused by a term. It's no big deal. :)

Here is what albanese said when explaining what he meant by faith based voting lines. "It seems to me, as well, beyond obvious that it is not in the interest of smaller minority groups to isolate themselves – which is what a faith-based party system would do."

Isolate as only participate and vote for a single party. Why would albanese want to discourage religious people from leading parties when he is literally a religious person leading a party?

Anyway I will stop here. You can choose to accept the meaning of the term or not. Was just trying to help inform where I thought you were confused by a term. It's no big deal. :)
Point me to where I was commenting on what Albo said?

Fixing the trolley wheels is about Dutton’s level. Is he handy?
Dutton would only be fit as a "trolley boys whore" if he were not the Liberal leader.
campaigner could not run a raffle.

The removal of shoes, covering of one's head and other body parts, speaking quietly or not at all and other traditions is respectful behaviour when visiting the worship places of many religions - even for those of different faith or non believers. Of course our political leaders do it as do tourists and others.

Its about respect not politics.

Calling it 'cosplay' is just childish ignorance.
No. Religion is of no inherent importance over any other opinion. Could argue it is if less importance than football teams as at least there is a measurable outcome in football.
While when religion devolves to “my religious opinion is better than your religious opinion” that’s where we get problems. Keep your practice of religion to yourself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s politics though, not Gillard being herself religiously sensitive. Or she gets the arse earlier and nothing gets achieved.
No that is religion controlling political parties

No. Religion is of no inherent importance over any other opinion. Could argue it is if less importance than football teams as at least there is a measurable outcome in football.
While when religion devolves to “my religious opinion is better than your religious opinion” that’s where we get problems. Keep your practice of religion to yourself.
Read what I wrote again.

I was referring to those visiting the temples and religious houses of others. Showing basic respect to the owners.

That’s politics though, not Gillard being herself religiously sensitive. Or she gets the arse earlier and nothing gets achieved.
Or the Parliamentary Labor Party call for a conscience vote and vote how they like because human rights are more important than keeping the Shoppies Happy.

The only time it seems the religious insist on conscience votes is when it's their conscience being tested. Like abortion and Euthanasia.

So they grant themselves a conscience vote for their religion, when they lose, but when they win, they insist the non-religious can't have a conscience vote (because they don't think non-religious people have consciences).

The crazy thing is that it's mostly just some religious zealots at the top of these Unions who use their religion to block things against the will of the Union members. SOmehow, these crazy people sit between Parliament and the Union Members they represent and just throw their own beliefs in. It's not democratic, they don't represent the Unions. They're just ALP leeches who exist to block progress and pamper themselves.

Or the Parliamentary Labor Party call for a conscience vote and vote how they like because human rights are more important than keeping the Shoppies Happy.

The only time it seems the religious insist on conscience votes is when it's their conscience being tested. Like abortion and Euthanasia.

So they grant themselves a conscience vote for their religion, when they lose, but when they win, they insist the non-religious can't have a conscience vote (because they don't think non-religious people have consciences).

The crazy thing is that it's mostly just some religious zealots at the top of these Unions who use their religion to block things against the will of the Union members. SOmehow, these crazy people sit between Parliament and the Union Members they represent and just throw their own beliefs in. It's not democratic, they don't represent the Unions. They're just ALP leeches who exist to block progress and pamper themselves.

I remember either Gillard or Rudd were prepared to go a conscience vote on ssm if the libs did the same. They didn’t and years later the libs changed their minds

Last edited:
Read what I wrote again.

I was referring to those visiting the temples and religious houses of others. Showing basic respect to the owners.
And it is ok to choose to show respect but it is also ok to not do those actions as long as no property damage or verbal/ physical aggression

It may be a church, temple, whatever to those who practice there. To me, it's just a building, based on misguided worship of a non-existent entity. But I'm happy to stay out anyway, than in any way appear to acknowledge whatever it is that any particularly adherents, brainwashed by the relative book/s of their deity and their own fellow adherents, fail to identify as fantasy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back