What would a Dutton Liberal leadership mean for the Liberals and the country?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll stop writing it when it ceases to be true.

Do you just copy and paste your deflection every time?
I was just curious whether you had a list of regular topics to paste in so you could do that thing where you repeat something enough that people start believing it

Or whether you manually sit there typing it every time meaning its running around in your head all day

Because infrastructure budget blowouts are directly related to the practices of the CFMEU detailed in the reporting last week, like taxpayer funded cars for criminals who "work" as safety inspectors but are too busy driving themselves to hospitals after being shot by associates to look after construction worker safety.

Civil construction workers were paid well under AWU contracts before 2014 - ask Bill Shorten.
‘For all the faults’

I was just curious whether you had a list of regular topics to paste in so you could do that thing where you repeat something enough that people start believing it

Or whether you manually sit there typing it every time meaning its running around in your head all day

Yes, the wilful expenditure of taxpayer's money to known criminals does tend to bother me.

This is where the money that should be going to the downtrodden you claim to care so much about actually goes.
What should the person who was shot have done, got an uber?
He wasn't an innocent bystander in some random shooting.

Perhaps not get shot? Probably wouldn't have been shot had he been doing his taxpayer funded job.

Also, we have ambulances in Victoria. The money we should be giving paramedics in salary increases is going instead to people like the one who got shot.

Yes, the wilful expenditure of taxpayer's money to known criminals does tend to bother me.

This is where the money that should be going to the downtrodden you claim to care so much about actually goes.
i think a large chunk goes to PWC and KPMG and Deloitte and every single fossil fuel company as well

but sure its just the unions that are the problem

He wasn't an innocent bystander in some random shooting.

Perhaps not get shot? Probably wouldn't have been shot had he been doing his taxpayer funded job.

Also, we have ambulances in Victoria. The money we should be giving paramedics in salary increases is going instead to people like the one who got shot.
why do i get the feeling that if he'd gotten an ambulance you'd be whinging about him taking resources away from a deserving patients

i think a large chunk goes to PWC and KPMG and Deloitte and every single fossil fuel company as well

but sure its just the unions that are the problem

why do i get the feeling that if he'd gotten an ambulance you'd be whinging about him taking resources away from a deserving patients
Firstly, I'm firmly in the "stop using the consulting firms" camp. They add little and cost too much. That capability can be restored to the public service (if even needed) with enough willpower.

Secondly our ambulance service cannot and should never decide between deserving patients and "non-deserving". That's a recipe for disaster.

All unions are not the same. Start acting like an organised crime syndicate and that's what I'll call you. The CPSU don't operate like that, neither do the AEU.

The Andrews Labor Government took the work away from well-paid AWU workers and gave them to the CFMEU. And we've been paying for it ever since. But considering only the Andrews Labor Government locked public housing tenants in their towers...

I eagerly await the next deflection.

Firstly, I'm firmly in the "stop using the consulting firms" camp. They add little and cost too much. That capability can be restored to the public service (if even needed) with enough willpower.
I agree
Secondly our ambulance service cannot and should never decide between deserving patients and "non-deserving". That's a recipe for disaster.
I agree
All unions are not the same. Start acting like an organised crime syndicate and that's what I'll call you. The CPSU don't operate like that, neither do the AEU.
No all unions are no the same, the Shoppies for example are a blight on politics and the union movement

The Andrews Labor Government took the work away from well-paid AWU workers and gave them to the CFMEU. And we've been paying for it ever since. But considering only the Andrews Labor Government locked public housing tenants in their towers...

I eagerly await the next deflection.
Not sure what the terrible treatment of people in public housing during covid has to do with the CFMEU

but yes Labor is pretty authoritarian across all states and federally as well, the vast majority of our pollies are, the libertarians aren't even real ones, they're also for increased cops and defense spending and less rights, they just want liberty for themselves

Dutton is right up there as an authoritarian as well, also I can't think that he's a straight arrow in a corrupt party given his own net worth

he would happily bust up the CFMEU for Gina and friends and earn a pretty penny doing it

Take Victoria. For all their faults the andrews merlino Allan govt have raised the standard in preparing Victoria infrastructure for population increase similar to the gold rush years….with no gold rush to pay for it.

Yet the age hun etc is constantly presenting the govt as the worst in this space. Som is warranted but some is just unhinged opposition. Their happily conflating unions and interest rates right now.
Idea fantastic, execution diabolical and a genuine piss take.

I'm firmly in the "stop using the consulting firms" camp. They add little and cost too much. That capability can be restored to the public service (if even needed) with enough willpower.
What sort of things should be done to bring that capability back?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The CFMEU are a blight on politics and the union movement.
given one of those unions actually has done things like making work sites more safe and their members wages go up, and the other has controlled the ALP and helped the supermarkets get rich off the back of wage theft I think you're being a little hyperbolic there

What sort of things should be done to bring that capability back?
Identity what gaps exist is current capability and what current capability is not required (upper and middle management excess, people and culture, some comms)

Go to market to hire permanent staff to fill capability

Pay for it with funds saved from removal of unnecessary capability and not using consultants

That is what I would propose if I was Peter Dutton (sigh, just saved it)

given one of those unions actually has done things like making work sites more safe and their members wages go up, and the other has controlled the ALP and helped the supermarkets get rich off the back of wage theft I think you're being a little hyperbolic there

I would have thought it would be clear I have an extremely dim view of how the CFMEU have operated. Refer back to the kid who got locked in the shed for four hours - a kid who is no longer with us.

I refute the suggestion I was being hyperbolic.

The CFMEU are a blight on politics and the union movement.

To be fair, the CFMEU have killed less people than the police, and have abused less children than certain churches.

I’d also suggest they have bullied less people than Newscorp, which is the propaganda wing of LNP.

One by one Andrews Government ministers are popping up in press releases saying they were made aware of different complaints concerning the CFMEU over the past 2 - 4 years, and as serious and similar as the complaints were, not one minister bothered telling the Premier or Deputy Premier, and instead referred the complaints to Fair Work Australia. Tim Pallas is the latest to make such admission.

You can see what is happening... "How could Jacinta have possibly known about all these other complaints when her colleagues didn't see fit to tell her?"

Its a ****ing sham and joke, just like the Labor Inquiry about to start, an inquiry headed by a Labor stooge looking into a union that is a major funder of the ALP...

Unions are built on solidarity. I'm surprised you haven't heard of it.

What has this got to do with the discussion at hand, except maybe you are trying to point out that the ALP and CFMEU are inextricably wedded??

Do you even live in Victoria?

I'm more Victorian than this thread topic - Peter Dutton

Why are you still posting off topic, despite an earlier warning from Gralin?

How long can he get away with no detail nuclear?
For about as long as Scomo got away with no detail. Basically forever until something unrelated brings him down.

Remove this Banner Ad

What would a Dutton Liberal leadership mean for the Liberals and the country?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back