What would a Dutton Liberal leadership mean for the Liberals and the country?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think this qualifies re Dutton on the CFMEU & who was really responsible for the previous attempts to deregister them failing.

As usual Rex Patrick is the voice of reason. I wish he was still in parliament.

I had it told to me by someone who was working for a Senator around that time that the way to get Pauline to vote for your bill was to make sure you were the last one to talk to her before entering the chamber.

I remember a piece on Pauline and her adviser what's his face. Is it usual during a radio interview for an adviser or campaign guy or whatever he was at the time, to sit on the floor beside a politician to coach them on questions and hand them notes?

I remember a piece on Pauline and her adviser what's his face. Is it usual during a radio interview for an adviser or campaign guy or whatever he was at the time, to sit on the floor beside a politician to coach them on questions and hand them notes?
On Yes Minister, maybe

I had it told to me by someone who was working for a Senator around that time that the way to get Pauline to vote for your bill was to make sure you were the last one to talk to her before entering the chamber.
given her attendance record, this would have been a rarity anyway ...... even more so in senate estimates hearings

Early 2000's

Alex Hawke, the next generation;
“The army was great, I would have gone mad without that,” he says. “You can see why uni people go and do a lot of drinking and probably drugs – because there’s not enough to do.” Arts students on Austudy or Abstudy, he tells me, are “blatant frauds because they could go get jobs and complete their studies. They’re just coasting off taxpayers’ funds, rubbing people’s faces in it.” Alex often skipped lectures because he was on active duty, but out of a Reserve class of 120 he was one of 20 who graduated. “The training is very tough, very very tough.”

Alex is currently an assistant to the ultra-conservative state MP David Clarke, who can perhaps claim some of the credit for his protege’s rise to the NSW Young Liberal presidency. In his maiden speech in 2003, Clarke promised to “uphold and advocate the conservative, mainstream and Christian-based truths and values that I believe our nation is based upon … with missionary zeal”.

https://www.themonthly.com.au/month...morrow039s-liberal-leaders-have-issues-ga#mtr
Imagine some of these Liberals did do drugs?

They are completely unhinged when they are sober

I love how they talk about “releasing” costings.

Call him out.

There are no costings and no policy. There is nothing to release.

They write a press release and that is it.

It harks back to the days of the pandemic when Morrison would get up and wave a piece of paper around with “Step 2” or “Step 3A” of “the plan to reopen” and how they would “reveal policy settings as appropriate”. The plan was literally a piece of ****ing paper.

Ffs.

There. Is. No. Policy.

It’s all performative.
100% call him out - it is not hard

7 nuclear plants at $80 billion each = $560 billion, plus build nuclear industry = something, plus acquire sites = something, plus deal with waste = something +++

Total equals circa doubling the national debt.

The FACT Ted O’Brien says it needs 80-100 years to make a profit is everything you need to know.

How would your local bank go selling investments with a 100 year maturity.

And for the record the oldest operating plant is about 60 years old.

IT DOES NOT STACK UP

Idiots

(Log in to remove this ad.)

they act like politicians and journos are experts on topics and platform them over actual experts constantly, its been an issue at the ABC for a long time
A very long fixation with pressure groups and lobbyists.

They've been a bigger plank in the IPA shill to Liberal minister platform than arguably Murdoch/News.

And for years they had a fetish for the ACL.

Poor old Peter is sharing photos with the Israeli Govt in Jerusalem the same day the Israeli Govt in Jerusalem is arguing that raping prisoners is ok as long as they're Palestinian.

This checks out with Peter's core beliefs. He'll want to get out of Jerusalem quick sticks before they pass a law for all prisoners to be r*ped.

If Peter Dutton shares more photo ops with members of the ruling Government Party, Likud, just remember, Likud members are supporting this behaviour:

Peter better make a bee-line for Europe before he gets in too many more photo ops with Genocidaires.

i reckon while the conservative ranks are filled with the likes of mckenzie, ley, joyce etc. labor should feel reassured.

Amazingly enough the Chairman of Rex is a former National Party MP who had to resign after being busted rorting travel expenses.

Must be a good mate of Bridget

Remove this Banner Ad

What would a Dutton Liberal leadership mean for the Liberals and the country?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back