What'd Brent Harvey do?

Remove this Banner Ad

Dumb thread is dumb.

Harvey deserves weeks, was a stupid thing to do.

But Hawk supporters trying to suggest that this is equal to or worse than the Lake brain explosion are kidding themselves.

I for one couldn't care less which one was worse - what I'm enjoying is the fact that it's a north player that's in the headlights for exactly the same reason and the justifications and excuses that are being trotted out - the very same excuses that hawk supporters put out only a month ago and were lambasted by north supporters.
Highlights how quickly our stances on issues can be changed in the blink of an eye.

posting a still image that doesn't depict the whole scenario is a pretty poor way to validate your argument.

Agree. But the sole reason Lake got in trouble is that he went on with it. I certainly agree that Petrie and Lake had there hands in places they shouldn't have. After this Petrie dropped his hands and submitted, and Lake continued to intentionally grab his wind pipe and choke him.

If it wasn't for Goldstein pulling him off what would have happened.

All Lake had to do was finish choking him after the first 2 seconds, and it would likely have been a non issue. Lake went on with it for twice as long, got physically pulled off Drew, then got 4 weeks.

Some of his team mates even condemned him. I don't see what there is to argue about.

Sometimes you can't argue with a person when they see things a certain way. To "argue" what you have written proves this point.

65510_019840289f1c4e4fb5dfce8757c80499.png

Must strangle............. must protect eye.................
Great screen cap of the exact moment the umpire was watching. Not unbiased at all.

If my club supplied footage in the same instance i would be very disappointed.

Somehow I doubt that. I get the feeling if your club shot a bloke you'd be busy pointing out that Essendon shot two.

Agree. But the sole reason Lake got in trouble is that he went on with it. I certainly agree that Petrie and Lake had there hands in places they shouldn't have. After this Petrie dropped his hands and submitted, and Lake continued to intentionally grab his wind pipe and choke him.

If it wasn't for Goldstein pulling him off what would have happened.

All Lake had to do was finish choking him after the first 2 seconds, and it would likely have been a non issue. Lake went on with it for twice as long, got physically pulled off Drew, then got 4 weeks.

Some of his team mates even condemned him. I don't see what there is to argue about.

there's nothing to argue. The only reason Lake is being mentioned is because his case set a precedence for punishment, and both incidents were of similar nature.

what I'm enjoying is the fact that it's a north player that's in the headlights for exactly the same reason

It's not the same, and suggestions that it is are stupid.

Yes, what Boomer did is unbelieveably stupid, and yes, he deserves weeks.

But it's not the same as what Brian Lake did.

It's not the same, and suggestions that it is are stupid.

Yes, what Boomer did is unbelieveably stupid, and yes, he deserves weeks.

But it's not the same as what Brian Lake did.

So what is the charge that Harvey is up on

Having never said anything about Picken personally, i would like to apologise to the Bulldogs, as i lambasted them due to reports that they were the ones that released the vision.

What reports? Only heard "the Dogs filmed it" from North supporters on bigfooty all playing the victim card.

I've come to the realisation that football fans are the dumbest/most fickle to ever exist. I've seen comments from people calling Daniel Wells a 'renowned dog' for his hit. :oops:

Same goes with Harvey in that he's apparently a shit bloke because of 3 or so incidents in 20 years. It doesn't bother me so much because I don't expect a whole lot of love from opposition fans and you'll always be remembered for what you did do rather than the 380 games you don't do something. The football community isn't the smartest going around, I'll say that much. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keep telling yourselves that
The whole incident of Harvey's is worse, but the forearm/choking part, Lake's was way worse.

The utter nonsense from some hawk posters on the Lake incident was amusing to say the least.

I was only baiting for a response as tbh I couldn't give a stuff what happens to Harvey, shit bloke who deserves what he gets, hopefully it ends his season:thumbsu:.

See you on saturday, you going? should be another great contest

Harvey will likely cop 2 weeks (3 weeks tops), because the tribunal will want to protect him for finals.

Despite the fact that Harvey is relying on exactly the same defence as Lake.

I.e. No harm done and no injury caused and the player played out the game.

Edit:
The tribunal will also ignore the 40% loading.

Lack of consistency is the only common factor in tribunal decisions.

Harvey will likely cop 2 weeks (3 weeks tops), because the tribunal will want to protect him for finals.

How in crikey **** did you come to that conclusion?

The whole incident of Harvey's is worse, but the forearm/choking part, Lake's was way worse.

The utter nonsense from some hawk posters on the Lake incident was amusing to say the least.

I was only baiting for a response as tbh I couldn't give a stuff what happens to Harvey, shit bloke who deserves what he gets, hopefully it ends his season:thumbsu:.

See you on saturday, you going? should be another great contest

The nonsense from hawk supporters is only due to the absolute crap that came there way after the lake incident.
Lake deserved a suspension and copped one
I'm just loving that it's north - it would only have been better if it was Petrie but Harvey will do, nasty little sniper.

I never look forward to these games and while I would love to be there I'm in WA. I don't for one minute believe all the bullshit that it's no big deal for either team - our clubs don't play that way
I will have the defib on standby as usual - it always gets a workout when playing your mob. Hopefully no injuries or suspensions

The nonsense from hawk supporters is only due to the absolute crap that came there way after the lake incident.
Lake deserved a suspension and copped one
I'm just loving that it's north - it would only have been better if it was Petrie but Harvey will do, nasty little sniper.

I never look forward to these games and while I would love to be there I'm in WA. I don't for one minute believe all the bullshit that it's no big deal for either team - our clubs don't play that way
I will have the defib on standby as usual - it always gets a workout when playing your mob. Hopefully no injuries or suspensions
"I'm in WA".... tapatalk:rolleyes:

Well keep the defib close by, Haw V Geelong looks to be happening twice in the next three weeks:)

We'll be taking seriously I would think, as a win allows us to rest the whole team for BL (if we wanted to) as the home final would be assured

No suspensions should be easy, SJ probably won't play:oops:

Remove this Banner Ad

What'd Brent Harvey do?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back