What'd Brent Harvey do?

Remove this Banner Ad

Harvey will likely cop 2 weeks (3 weeks tops), because the tribunal will want to protect him for finals.

Despite the fact that Harvey is relying on exactly the same defence as Lake.

I.e. No harm done and no injury caused and the player played out the game.

Edit:
The tribunal will also ignore the 40% loading.

Lack of consistency is the only common factor in tribunal decisions.

Lol, the fix is in.

AFL Counsel asked for 3 weeks (Edit: What the hell, lets just ignore the 40% loading).

:rolleyes:

Why not apply the loading? What's the point of having it then?

I think it means that they don't have to do it when deciding the sanction and it will be applied by the AFL afterwards.

Gone. 4 weeks minimum.
On the footage. Boomer is just standing there. Picken comes and grabs him for no reason.
Boomer flips Picken over him. And then puts his forearm on his throat.
Picken initiated contact and Boomer will cop the weeks. Go for 4 weeks based on Lake. No one to blame but Boomer. The game is designed to protect those who play the man not the ball.
4 weeks. What a surprise.
Richmond and West Coast fans fuming.
Bombers fans rejoicing.
It is what it is.

3 weeks, folks. That's without accounting for loading though, I think.

so the 341 is after loading. Fair enough.

3 weeks seems right when based on Lakes.

Honestly believe Harvey should have got 1 and Lake 2 but hey, helps the Bombers out if finals shape up like its looking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

About what I expected. Not much else to say.

About right.

A turdish act requires a sting on the sidelines and the penalty appears apt. What an idiot.

Essendon will fix up North anyway if they meet in Week 1 but this just adds to the margin given Harvey's pretty good form this year.

so the 341 is after loading. Fair enough.

3 weeks seems right when based on Lakes.

Honestly believe Harvey should have got 1 and Lake 2 but hey, helps the Bombers out if finals shape up like its looking.

Lakes suspension included 10% loading so you would have to say that Harvey got lucky with them not including the loading

What a joke that they can suspend a bloke for something as minimal as that.

Harvey will likely cop 2 weeks (3 weeks tops), because the tribunal will want to protect him for finals.

Despite the fact that Harvey is relying on exactly the same defence as Lake.

I.e. No harm done and no injury caused and the player played out the game.

Edit:
The tribunal will also ignore the 40% loading.

Lack of consistency is the only common factor in tribunal decisions.

QFT

Edit: Having said that I am a big fan of the no harm, no foul principle.
Would not have been disappointed if both Lake and Harvey got between 0 to 2 weeks.

Lakes suspension included 10% loading so you would have to say that Harvey got lucky with them not including the loading

The loading ends elimination final week 2014 from incidents in elimination final week 2012.

Not sure that Harvey who has got 9 weeks from those 2 games is lucky.

Petulant definitely but 9 weeks is for thug type actions. If he threw a couple if jumper punches and flung Picken to the deck he would have a fine and about a similar risk of injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

What'd Brent Harvey do?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back