Whatever the outcome next Friday night

Remove this Banner Ad

As far as I am concerned this has been a successful season. Sure there are still two more steps that we will have failed to take if we lose this week, but we have also taken some important steps as well.

1. We have beaten all the other sides in the top 8 at least once this year.

2. We have learnt how to win close games, something that cost us big time last year.

3. We have now won 16 games out of 24. it is a long time since I can remember us winning quite this many games.

4. We seem to have found a level of consistency at the end of the year with our last 6 games all victorious.

5. While I absolutely refuse to even go anywhere near getting on the bandwagons of Brown and Turner they each took some further very promising steps in the heat of a cut throat final against a very experienced finals team.

6. All of Swallow, Wells, Cunnington, Greenwood, Ziebell, Wright, Goldstein, McDonald, Gibson and I've probably missed a few have strung together two good finals games. They should know now how to get the job done in future finals campaigns.

7. The recruiting of Nicky Dal has paid off with i would suggest might have been his best ever game in a final. He is a genuine North Melbourne man now and his leadership, direction, coolness, desire to win the contested ball and kicking skills were superb last night.

We may or may not be finished for this year, but whatever the case I firmly believe that we are on the way now and what the coaching and recruiting people have been trying to put together is now bearing fruit.

Go North.

Agree on all of this.

But guys, can we take the handbrake off with statements like 'even if we lose/etc'

They're unnecessary. Remember Week 1? We needed to beat * to get a pass mark for the season. We did.

Week 2, buck the underdog Semi Final trend of the last 13 years. Done.

The team needs a sense of belief to get through Weeks 3 and 4. So let's have that sense of belief too. We achieve nothing by staying grounded in 'reality' except entrench that existing reality.

Reality is whatever happens next Friday night, ladder position and expectation aside.

We can win. Believe it. And remove the statements of doubt.

Handbrake. OFF.

Your points are true horace.

I hope the players dont take this attitude in on friday however. they have to want to win this, put body on the line again and again and fight for a place in the big dance. If they are content with their season already then it will end friday, on a sour note.

Stay confident roos. There are 2 weeks left, you have played your skins out but you are almost there. you have to want it boys. If you go down taking it up to the out of control machine that the afl has created, ill smile, we'll all be proud.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BLOODY proud of my NM boys, they have showed everyone up that doubted us not a month ago. Onwards to victory and North Melbourne will be premiers, just you wait and see.

Was looking at our recent wins. Since our loss to Geelong in rnd 19 we have had a player score 4 or more goals each game and it's spread out well. Rnd 20 Petrie 5.3, rnd 21 Cunnington 4.1, rnd 22 ziebell 4.5, rnd 23 Turner 4.0, Elim final Brown 4.1, Semi Final Petrie 4.4. I just found it interesting.

Been a ripper of a year imo, a couple of frustrating losses but they've been cancelled out by some amazing victories. Spine tingling to think how close we are. I'll be disappointed if we lose next week but proud as punch.

Gasometer

Whatever the outcome next Friday night, I am one pround North Melbourne supporter.

A prelim from 6th is huge, anything beyond it is a pipe dream and sometimes we do ok with those.

Gasometer

Whatever the outcome next Friday night, I am one pround North Melbourne supporter.

A prelim from 6th is huge, anything beyond it is a pipe dream and sometimes we do ok with those.

...thanks for the heads up or did I piss u off?

Re the dream...wrll not a dream as such...more a whst if we win v cats and then swans....omg.....type of dream...

...thanks for the heads up or did I piss u off?

Re the dream...wrll not a dream as such...more a whst if we win v cats and then swans....omg.....type of dream...

Just responding to the OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Whatever the outcome next Friday night

Remove this Banner Ad

Back