What's happening in the Bendigo Football League #3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
xmas cheers to u2, benbal and bandgeek.

1]. benbal --- add s. milward to your e'hawk outs. he knows where and when the $$$$ are about to flow, or dry up.
Reference: check his moves flat to the borough and now to sunbury.

2}. bandgeek .... square comfortably. the 2 blues will be flat out paying the 9 arrivals, IMHO

any1 heard that one of eaglehawk's major sponsors is either :-
1/. pulling the pin, or;
2/. downsizing considerably in capital outlaid to the club

If true the Hawkees might have to pull their heads in a bit for payments to the top 8 returnees :D

down sized his sponsor, but have covered that already, and a few boys taken cuts, thats all from a good source.

xmas cheers to u2, benbal and bandgeek.

1]. benbal --- add s. milward to your e'hawk outs. he knows where and when the $$$$ are about to flow, or dry up.
Reference: check his moves flat to the borough and now to sunbury.

2}. bandgeek .... square comfortably. the 2 blues will be flat out paying the 9 arrivals, IMHO

How big of an inclusion is Simon Rosa? How does his older bro go?

nic arthur is a talent he playes across halfback and is a highly rated playerfor the dragons and his marking and run are strengths if he settles at the dragons for a full year he will be pivotal in there premiership attempt for 2010

Bit quiet on here - Christmas shopping everyone?

wot's happening over at strathfieldsaye? What are they going to do for a ruckman next year??

Brodie Filo seems to be heading home. Mandurah is nice place, but isolated

Nathan Bell from Square did himself a mischief at training and is wearing a brace boot. Something to do with his ankle? Is it bad? Square Dog? Max Powers? anyone?

BTW, Good interview on CVF about Sandhurst - a club we don't get to hear much about http://**********************/?p=2584

nic arthur is a talent he playes across halfback and is a highly rated playerfor the dragons and his marking and run are strengths if he settles at the dragons for a full year he will be pivotal in there premiership attempt for 2010

Gotta love the newbies pumping up their Tyres on big footy!

Bit quiet on here - Christmas shopping everyone?

wot's happening over at strathfieldsaye? What are they going to do for a ruckman next year??

Brodie Filo seems to be heading home. Mandurah is nice place, but isolated

Nathan Bell from Square did himself a mischief at training and is wearing a brace boot. Something to do with his ankle? Is it bad? Square Dog? Max Powers? anyone?

BTW, Good interview on CVF about Sandhurst - a club we don't get to hear much about http://**********************/?p=2584
I assume Brodie Filo will return to Eaglehawk where he would be welcome with open arms.
However I do think he has the ability to play AFL (like his father should have). One season with the Bombers (or another VFL team) would be a good test for him. Is there any chance of that?

I assume Brodie Filo will return to Eaglehawk where he would be welcome with open arms.
However I do think he has the ability to play AFL (like his father should have). One season with the Bombers (or another VFL team) would be a good test for him. Is there any chance of that?

I agree. If he's serious about his footy, he should play VFL to give him some exposure to AFL listed opponents.... If he's just happy having a kick with his mates, then he'll be at the Burra

I agree. If he's serious about his footy, he should play VFL to give him some exposure to AFL listed opponents.... If he's just happy having a kick with his mates, then he'll be at the Burra

He was certainly headed to W.A partly becasue he had some interest from Fremantle and was hoping to be rookied so he has the ambition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was certainly headed to W.A partly becasue he had some interest from Fremantle and was hoping to be rookied so he has the ambition.

Geez there some inflated wraps on young Filo. If he matures and develops he will be a consistent performer at Bendigo league level, Well off any higher football I would have thought.

Going to be a big big season of BFL in 2010 at Dragonland we wont be happy with anything less than a finals appearance!

I know we are a long way out but anyone want to have a stab at a ladder?

I'll give it my best shot-
Golden Square
Sandhurst
Eaglehawk
South
Flat

Cmaine
M Pies
Kyneton
Gissy
Strath.

u have hurst way, way 2 hi IMHO, fly
and eagleburra mite be short of $$$$$ after the initial flurry of excitement

my top 5:
square
e'hawk
south
flat
hurst

dont forget roos still have harry and tigger n bloods have got sum top recruits including hard nut anderson from h'cote

:D2 early to do the bottom 5, but i dont believe gizzy will be 2nd last:thumbsdown:

innaresting hilites of 09 season in friday addie ...... square winning flag and leeroy coghlan winning trifecta of michelsen/rising star/addie player of the year were the 2 obvious highlights
wot about goudgie getting to umpire 500 senior games and flat ending gizzy's run of 35 unbeaten games at the grave yard .... also kyn tiges beating eagleburra by a kick at the showgrnds early in the season

Happy New Year footy fans... 2010 will be big for Bendigo footy with some quality recruits returning to the league.

With silly season still going for another 3 months, this is pointless, but there's no news going on so here's some odds for the flag for a bit of fun

Square $2.50 fav, South $4, Eaglehawk $4, Sandhurst $6, Kangaroo Flat $8, Gisborne $20, Maryborough $50, Castlemaine $100, Storm $100, Kyneton $100

Happy New Year footy fans... 2010 will be big for Bendigo footy with some quality recruits returning to the league.

With silly season still going for another 3 months, this is pointless, but there's no news going on so here's some odds for the flag for a bit of fun

Square $2.50 fav, South $4, Eaglehawk $4, Sandhurst $6, Kangaroo Flat $8, Gisborne $20, Maryborough $50, Castlemaine $100, Storm $100, Kyneton $100

Doc - Need to know where to send the $10 I want to lay on the Storm at 100-1 ??? Not saying we'll be premiers in our 2nd year, but at those odds, too good to refuse !!! Just wondering if you accept EFT ?? :D

Doc - Need to know where to send the $10 I want to lay on the Storm at 100-1 ??? Not saying we'll be premiers in our 2nd year, but at those odds, too good to refuse !!! Just wondering if you accept EFT ?? :D

How are things travelling down the road at the Storm?? All the talk is that Pilch will not play but I have it on very good authority that he will play more games than not

Send me a cheque made out to Mr C.ASH, will be the easiest $10 I've ever made... like your optimism though

I know this is just a bit of fun but look at the odds for the country clubs. It would be nice to see one (at least) make the finals and cause a bit of damage, draw some decent crowds and create some interest for country supporters.

I know this is just a bit of fun but look at the odds for the country clubs. It would be nice to see one (at least) make the finals and cause a bit of damage, draw some decent crowds and create some interest for country supporters.

Castlemaine are way, way, way, under the mark.

I would have thought $5000 would be more appropriate.

Going to be a very long season for the boys from the Camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back