What's happening in the Bendigo Football League #3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would suggest that is not the case actually, due to wilson K flat saved alot of money due to mates rates. alot of players playing well under what they can/could get playing in the BFL or other leagues

You're having a laugh aren't you?

Everyone knows Flat are paying out the arse to some players who would struggle to get near that amount anywhere else in a major league. You could not convince anyone who has a reasonable knowledge of the league and it's goings on otherwise.

Very much a forward. Just a rumour at the moment but we will see. A lot depends on who Castlemaine appoint as coach.

You're alluding to Maddern I assume who, correct me if I'm wrong, is originally from C'maine?!

I've heard Elliott will take up a role with the Pioneers so they may have to appoint a new coach. Would you think this would aid or inhibit your rumoured signing coming on board :cool:

You're having a laugh aren't you?

Everyone knows Flat are paying out the arse to some players who would struggle to get near that amount anywhere else in a major league. You could not convince anyone who has a reasonable knowledge of the league and it's goings on otherwise.

the players that you are refering to, that are overpayed or highly payed i think you might actaully be surprised. certaintly no the money that eaglehawk, castlemaine, strath.... put out this year.

there is one or 2 that might get higher then the norm but thats how you get quailty players but everyone else is playing under the weight

you would be surprised what players went to flat for to play under wilson.

i think you might find that the $ amount at the end of the year would not be close to what the Bendigo Football league Community would think

if you guys think they are getting payed to much who are they???? what should they be on ??

Madden will not go to Castlemaine, he was originally from Harcourt, played at Castlemaine for a season or two and now hates the place.

bob2 you are obviously a player from Kangaroo Flat what's your name and how much mullah were you on?

On the Kangaroo Flat coaching front I here that Paul Francis and Murray Collins have applied for the position. Interesting that their departing under 18 coach did not apply. I also have heard some big names might be on the way out from Dower Park.

Madden will not go to Castlemaine, he was originally from Harcourt, played at Castlemaine for a season or two and now hates the place.

bob2 you are obviously a player from Kangaroo Flat what's your name and how much mullah were you on?

On the Kangaroo Flat coaching front I here that Paul Francis and Murray Collins have applied for the position. Interesting that their departing under 18 coach did not apply. I also have heard some big names might be on the way out from Dower Park.

No not a player anymore, played a few twos games and when we werent so great a few ones have a keen intreast still and a few beers after the game up stairs

Gee u love the under 18 coach, little crush maybe? love child?

No not a player anymore, played a few tows games and when we werent so great a few ones have a keen intreast still and a few beers after the game up stairs

Gee u love the under 18 coach, little crush maybe? love child?

can't be a love child, Jugger is older than me. Not obsessed with him, just thought he'd be the man to take over after Wilson. I was interested to overhear him say that he had not applied yet he has applied for two jobs in the HDFL.

you will know more than me then will Francis or Collins get teh job?

can't be a love child, Jugger is older than me. Not obsessed with him, just thought he'd be the man to take over after Wilson. I was interested to overhear him say that he had not applied yet he has applied for two jobs in the HDFL.

you will know more than me then will Francis or Collins get teh job?

not sure first i heard was your post francis and collins maybe the right people for the job time will tell...
i havent been round the club since the prelim..

what two jobs were they.. dont know about who or what he has applied for. their isnt many around i have been looking as well for one

not sure first i heard was your post francis and collins maybe the right people for the job time will tell...
i havent been round the club since the prelim..

what two jobs were they.. dont know about who or what he has applied for. their isnt many around i have been looking as well for one

Francis was the reserves coach, took them to a prelim and from an outsider looking in he seems to have a good repor with the players. I reckon Collins was the number one assistant coach, saw him on Win News in the preseason promoting a game against Charlton.

Have you coached before bobo? We might have played together for the mighty roos. :thumbsu:

Francis was the reserves coach, took them to a prelim and from an outsider looking in he seems to have a good repor with the players. I reckon Collins was the number one assistant coach, saw him on Win News in the preseason promoting a game against Charlton.

Have you coached before bobo? We might have played together for the mighty roos. :thumbsu:

na never coached before might be against me, couldnt of been to many was injured a fair bit at the roos!

yeah havent really payed attention to who the ass coaches were but i think collins is from charlton i think and francis cant say to much dont really know....

if they are right for the job they will be selected might pull on the old boots for the twos next if no coaching job see what happens few years away from playing might help me

hehir won flats b n f presentation night held on friday night he spoke for ages...

young white expressed the players to stay around for next year i dont think we will lose to many players

i think you might find the two coaches plus a playing coach have applies ex bendigo bom/digger has applied and is very keen to coach and play

not sure about anyone else applying im sure it will be out in the air soon

i reckon they will need to announce soon to get the few players they need to go further in 2010

hopefully they can keep majority of players and maybe the two coaches who are already there is the key wispers of the ruckman leaving and the twos ruckman has already left.

by the sounds maddern is rumoured to go to castlemaine along with any other of 30 clubs that will prob ring him...

go roos 2010

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're alluding to Maddern I assume who, correct me if I'm wrong, is originally from C'maine?!

I've heard Elliott will take up a role with the Pioneers so they may have to appoint a new coach. Would you think this would aid or inhibit your rumoured signing coming on board :cool:

Elliott is already finished as coach. Been announced he won't be back and they are talking to a couple of ex- AFL players.

After a playing coach this time.

hehir won flats b n f presentation night held on friday night he spoke for ages...

young white expressed the players to stay around for next year i dont think we will lose to many players

i think you might find the two coaches plus a playing coach have applies ex bendigo bom/digger has applied and is very keen to coach and play

not sure about anyone else applying im sure it will be out in the air soon

i reckon they will need to announce soon to get the few players they need to go further in 2010

hopefully they can keep majority of players and maybe the two coaches who are already there is the key wispers of the ruckman leaving and the twos ruckman has already left.

by the sounds maddern is rumoured to go to castlemaine along with any other of 30 clubs that will prob ring him...

go roos 2010

Rat do you think the Flat boys need to appoint a coach who has been there for a while to ensure they don't have a mass exit of players?

I get the feeling a lot of blokes are waiting on the coaching appointment to commit to K/flat in 10. A new coach with a new plan might get some pissed off.

Rat do you think the Flat boys need to appoint a coach who has been there for a while to ensure they don't have a mass exit of players?

I get the feeling a lot of blokes are waiting on the coaching appointment to commit to K/flat in 10. A new coach with a new plan might get some pissed off.

yeah i guess most blokes are waiting but wouldnt you before u decide?

im not sure who should take over but im sure Flat will do the right thing and appoint a person/people to take over from what wilson has done. i wouldnt change the game plan much if at all...

i dont think many will leave...

as with any new coach there is a change and a chance to piss some players off

the players that you are refering to, that are overpayed or highly payed i think you might actaully be surprised. certaintly no the money that eaglehawk, castlemaine, strath.... put out this year.

there is one or 2 that might get higher then the norm but thats how you get quailty players but everyone else is playing under the weight

you would be surprised what players went to flat for to play under wilson.

i think you might find that the $ amount at the end of the year would not be close to what the Bendigo Football league Community would think

if you guys think they are getting payed to much who are they???? what should they be on ??

I'm simply not buying it mate and as I said you will struggle to convince me otherwise that Flat are not overpaying several players. They may be good, bad or otherwise but I'm certain blokes like Findlay, West and Geary to name some blokes of varying abilities would not get the pay cheque they do elsewhere (major leagues).

You only need to have a few mates around the club or be out on the town on the right night to hear and see a few interesting things regarding player payments.

But we could argue about this forever as neither will be really able to prove anything. I just felt somethings needed to be questioned and set right. I'm guessing an agree to disagree will be necessary?!

I'm simply not buying it mate and as I said you will struggle to convince me otherwise that Flat are not overpaying several players. They may be good, bad or otherwise but I'm certain blokes like Findlay, West and Geary to name some blokes of varying abilities would not get the pay cheque they do elsewhere (major leagues).

You only need to have a few mates around the club or be out on the town on the right night to hear and see a few interesting things regarding player payments.

But we could argue about this forever as neither will be really able to prove anything. I just felt somethings needed to be questioned and set right. I'm guessing an agree to disagree will be necessary?!

just a question do u know how much they are on or it speculation? how much do expect them to be on

just a question do u know how much they are on or it speculation? how much do expect them to be on

Of course it is speculation as you'd expect only a handful of people to truly know about these sorts of things (President, Treasurer, Coach and Player) and I'm not any of those, and neither are you I assume.

However it is speculation that I consider to be reasonably sound, as I said having spoke to the players themselves in some cases and other people involved in the club.

Remebering that I'm talking about over-paying players, which of course can be pretty subjective, as players worth can be more or less depending on who you speak to.

I'm not going to put names to prices on BF, as I think that is unfair to the boys. I will reiterate though that I think a lot of them are being over paid. Obviously Flat disagree and that's fine; it's theirs to spend as they choose, just my opinion.

Maybe all the more reason for either Francis or Collins to get the job. From what i saw at the final versus Eaglehawk Daryl looked to Murray a lot for feedback and ideas. Both would be up to speed with Daryls game plan.

Murray coached a senior flag out at Mounts and was one of the most inspirational speakers i've heard. Also has a very good football brain and was a very good player. Won a BnF with the Borough years ago too. The only thing being if he has slipped out of the loop in regards to recruiting. Time will tell.

Well done to the addy, after been made public by Eaglehawk on the 1st October, then on big footy on the 2nd of October. The addy announce today 7th October that Damien Lock will be returning to Eaglehawk in 2010.
They surely cannot say thet they are the first for news.

Well done to the addy, after been made public by Eaglehawk on the 1st October, then on big footy on the 2nd of October. The addy announce today 7th October that Damien Lock will be returning to Eaglehawk in 2010.
They surely cannot say thet they are the first for news.

I was thinking the same thing Banforlife, in fact Im pretty sure ********************** broke this about a week ago.

The Addy struggles big time mate...cant rememeber the last time they "broke" a significant footballing story. I give local papers about 5 years before the get shoved aside for internet news as it happens.

All in all though, great news for the Borough.

Can't really blaming the Addy for wanting to get the story right before printing after the square/Davies fiasco last year.

I heard another in for the Flat job ex Digger Ryan O'Callaghan, coached in Mildura previously and won the league Medal up there. Gonz would have to be a fair show if he is moving back.

Can't really blaming the Addy for wanting to get the story right before printing after the square/Davies fiasco last year.

I heard another in for the Flat job ex Digger Ryan O'Callaghan, coached in Mildura previously and won the league Medal up there. Gonz would have to be a fair show if he is moving back.

Any news on Kyneton football club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back