Movie What's the last movie you saw? (6)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued in Part 7:

Beautiful Boy- a film based on the true story of a drug addict + the subsequent effects it has on his family. 7/10
Love this movie. So relatable. Great cast. I would have watched it 20-odd times.

:hearts: Maura Tierney.

Finally watched There Will Be Blood. I know, I'm sorry. Rewatchables episode this week made me finally pull the trigger and watch it. Don't think the misses liked it, as Sean Fennessy said on the podcast, it's a male movie with pretty much all males in the movie for males by males. Anyway I don't really have much to say about the movie that hasn't already been said. It's just great. The acting by DDL, the cinematography, the story, all of it. Just so good. Man I hated that preacher kid!
I think the best thing about the movie is that I feel most people can unfortunately find similarities within themselves and the Daniel Plainview character. I guess that is just called having ambition though, it's just his ambition was more important to him than anything else.
So good. I wouldn't really call it a re-watchable though, like I don't see myself watching this for 5 years at least, but it was still so fantastic and I'm ashamed I hadn't seen it earlier. 9/10.

I ******* didn't dig Scott Pilgrim at all, but that could be because I watched it during a phase of my life where I couldn't stand Michael Cera.

Mary Elizabeth Winstead doe :fire:

Mary Elizabeth Winstead doe :fire:
scott pilgrim gideon graves GIF

Baby Driver had Ansel Egghead who is probably the worst actor of the last 20 years. The movie was crap
Last Night in Soho was even worse. It started off well but i spent the last 30 minutes laughing at how terrible the twists were. Edgar Wright is getting movie gigs off reputation now, he is making bad movies that are getting worse on an exponential rate

Elvis

I have only watched 3 Baz Lurmann films, Strictly Ballroom which is a classic Aussie film that everyone should see. Moulin Rouge which i loved despite Nicole Kidman being in it and this.
Was it a good movie? probably not, Was it enjoyable, yeah i think so, I feel like the movie had ADHD though, it had a billion edits and raced through important bits of Elvis's live and dragged through not important bits. My other take on this movie is that i doubt there has been any movie in history including pr0n that had this many crotch shots. Austin Butler is a star though.
Cant rate it because its a 1 and a 10 at the same time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Until recently I had never watched Avatar in full. Had only seen snippets here and there. Finally watched the movie from start to finish, it's a tough slog.... the visuals are very nice. The storyline is just boring.

2.5/5 for the cgi

I’m with you, Scott Pilgrim sucks.

Hot take, Sucker Punch is better.

Sucker Punch is Zach Snyder's best movie!!!

Sucker Punch is ok but I can't move past the CGI being video game tier. It must have been an intentional style choice, but I don't like it. As if we didn't already know that what was happening was not real, they really had to make it obvious.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

I’m with you, Scott Pilgrim sucks.

Hot take, Sucker Punch is better.

they both have swords but Scotts is clearly cooler as it has flames

Scott Pilgrim Hardon GIF

sucker punch sword GIF

A scantily clad Browning, Abbie Cornish, Jenna Malone, Vanessa Hudgens, Jamie Chung and Carla Gugino didnt do it for you?

In all seriousness its not good, its probably more a statement on how much i disliked Scott Pilgrim.
Suckerpunch was probably a movie that soared in a 2 page article in Empire magazine rather then 2 hours on the big screen.

Until recently I had never watched Avatar in full. Had only seen snippets here and there. Finally watched the movie from start to finish, it's a tough slog.... the visuals are very nice. The storyline is just boring.

2.5/5 for the cgi

Sucker Punch is Zach Snyder's best movie!!!
Avatar in cinema, in 3D was genuinely incredible. Theres likely never been a more visually impressive movie in history, it was absolutely groundbreaking and for a hot minute everyone thought all films had to be 3D moving forward. It was so good in fact that it wasnt until a rewatch on TV that i realised the movie is awful.

Watchmen is Zacks best and its not even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back