Movie What's the last movie you saw? (7)

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think it's creepy to bemoan a rise in conservatism. The Hays code strikes back.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

wat

Think no one is too perturbed by Sydney Sweeney getting her kit off - her body, her choice - more the implication that if we're not fans of her it must be because we're puritans.

wat

Think no one is too perturbed by Sydney Sweeney getting her kit off - her body, her choice - more the implication that if we're not fans of her it must be because we're puritans.
No that isn't what I implied. Feel free to not like her for whatever reason. I just think it's a while since a big name was so ok with nude scenes. Who was the last one? Sharon Stone? Maybe Angelina Jolie? Jason Segal?

wat

I think SOME of the criticism leveled at her was appearances based but most was regarding her shortcomings as an actress. I think that’s fair (albeit I don’t entirely agree with it).

More importantly not liking her, TG Maverick and The Bear is WILD stuff

No that isn't what I implied. Feel free to not like her for whatever reason. I just think it's a while since a big name was so ok with nude scenes. Who was the last one? Sharon Stone? Maybe Angelina Jolie? Jason Segal?

Fair enough then.

Kate Winslet probably fits your description and also has the bonus of being a serious and proven actor.

Since we're on it, I've never seen

• Any Godfather, Goodfellas or Scarface - in fact pretty much any gangster film
  • Inglorious Bastards, Kill Bill, in fact any Tarantino except Pulp Fiction and Django Unchained
  • Straight horror movies (yes I am one of those scaredy cats) - I don't really count Alien/s, though

Feel free to urge me otherwise

I am not sure that I've seen GF3
The others I've seen
  • Inglorious Bastards, Kill Bill, in fact any Tarantino except Pulp Fiction and Django Unchained
Had a look, apparently the only Tarantino movie I haven't gotten around to seeing is his segment in four rooms

I think hateful 8 was the last one I hadn't seen until earlier this year

• Straight horror movies (yes I am one of those scaredy cats) - I don't really count Alien/s, though

My partner loves horror movies but i don't tend to watch many
In my younger days I saw a lot though

It’s a dumb, fun nostalgia piece but wildly overrated. To think, it got a Best Picture nomination :tearsofjoy:
I've watched a lot of random terrible movies over the years that I'm sure its much better than but I reckon I'll end up watching more random terrible movies instead

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have seen Goodfellas but none of the Godfathers or Scarface as I generally was not a fan of mob films (though I liked The Untouchables). Reckon I will get round to them at some point.

With Tarantino, haven’t seen Reservoir Dogs, Inglorious Basterds, Death Proof or Hateful Eight. Reckon Dogs will be next cab off the rank.

I watched heaps of horror movies as a kid in the 80s, 90s, so many they don’t appeal to me much any more because I can see the scares coming. I like the twisted ones better, I remember absolutely living Cube, a small budget indie horror in the late 90s.

Have seen Goodfellas but none of the Godfathers or Scarface as I generally was not a fan of mob films (though I liked The Untouchables). Reckon I will get round to them at some point.

With Tarantino, haven’t seen Reservoir Dogs, Inglorious Basterds, Death Proof or Hateful Eight. Reckon Dogs will be next cab off the rank.

I watched heaps of horror movies as a kid in the 80s, 90s, so many they don’t appeal to me much any more because I can see the scares coming. I like the twisted ones better, I remember absolutely living Cube, a small budget indie horror in the late 90s.
Cube is fantastic

I know he's a talented director, obviously, but having watched Pulp Fiction and Django, I just felt that it wasn't THAT good, good enough to warrant delving further into Tarantino's library.

People rave about Inglorious Bastards, so I might throw that on to see it if hooks me. Or is there any other that you'd recommend to a Tarantino novice like me?

I know he's a talented director, obviously, but having watched Pulp Fiction and Django, I just felt that it wasn't THAT good, good enough to warrant delving further into Tarantino's library.

People rave about Inglorious Bastards, so I might throw that on to see it if hooks me. Or is there any other that you'd recommend to a Tarantino novice like me?
Django is probably my least favourite
Jacky Brown is extremely underatted

Basterds is brilliant. A must watch.

Django is probably my least favourite
Jacky Brown is extremely underatted

That might be why, then. I mean I partly enjoyed Pulp Fiction (and of course a rich source of memes), but Django was not that engaging to me.

I'll get around to watching IB.

I haven't seen

Titanic, Grease, any of the Godfathers, Pearl Harbor, Scarface, Jaws. The list goes on.

Consider yourself fortunate. As Siskel and Ebert said "a two hour story squeezed into three hours about a surprise Japanese attack on an American love triangle".

I haven't seen

Titanic, Grease, any of the Godfathers, Pearl Harbor, Scarface, Jaws. The list goes on.
I haven't seen Titanic or Pear Harbour

I will eventually watch titanic

That might be why, then. I mean I partly enjoyed Pulp Fiction (and of course a rich source of memes), but Django was not that engaging to me.

Jacky Brown is a heist caper and a lot of fun

I’d say if you like action films Kill Bill might do you.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is a ****ing great hang too but I am a bit QT fan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Movie What's the last movie you saw? (7)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back