Movie What's the last movie you saw? (7)

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven’t seen that. I still enjoyed it but just thought it was severely hyped up.
I think it may seem to be over hyped by some now, but at the time it was pretty groundbreaking. Audiences had never been hit with such a grim, realistic depiction of a serial killer before. It genuinely scared the living shit out of people knowing that there were people like that living among us. Also, portraying victims in such forensic detail then putting it front and centre on screen wasn't the normal hollywood approach at that stage and it was very ballsy of Demme to do it.

Top Gun: Maverick

Finally got around to watching this.

Absolutely brilliant. Perfect mix of nostalgia (but not too much), entertainment, sticking true to the original.

Tom Cruise honestly might be one of my favourite actors. He's not the most talented and yet I can't really think of a movie he's in where I didn't really enjoy it.

As a stand alone movie, this would've been fantastic. The fact they've done it so successfully as a sequel is even more impressive.

9/10

Absolutely brilliant. Perfect mix of nostalgia (but not too much), entertainment, sticking true to the original.

Tom Cruise honestly might be one of my favourite actors. He's not the most talented and yet I can't really think of a movie he's in where I didn't really enjoy it.

As a stand alone movie, this would've been fantastic. The fact they've done it so successfully as a sequel is even more impressive.

9/10
yasss Jatzy! The Top Gun movies are the reason I can now call myself an action girlie lol

9/10

Best movie I've watched in the last 5 years IMO.

What an experience in the cinema.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Batman Begins... watched this with the son, holds up very well, visually and storytelling wise. The action looks good, there's a genuine story and some themes underneath it, there's a stacked cast all giving good performances. Does well to couch the origin story in flashbacks rather than completely retelling it. And while it has the grittier, down to earth tone it's famous for, it has more comic book flourishes than what comes next, with a league of villains, superweapon, over-the-top Scarecrow etc. 8.5/10

Dark Knight is up tonight.

Watching Horizon - An American Saga on Stan,
Very graphic scenes

I got about an hour or so in and fell asleep

The first hour was ok; a bit confusing with who was who and some of the different stories making not much sense

Bombastic score

Will come back to it later on the weekend

The Dark Knight… I sometimes hold back on ratings because perfection is a high bar. Other times I rate things by what they are trying to achieve. Are there better movies than the Dark Knight? Sure, but it’s a 10/10 superhero movie and action movie. Ambitious storytelling, great cast anchored by a fantastic performance from Heath Ledger, assured direction with so much going on in the film. The action set pieces are thrilling and after reaching a crescendo, it takes its foot off the accelerator for the last 20 minutes to really let the themes and story settle.

The stunt man

Good as example as any why new movies suck

Garbage

Ryan Gosling is a good actor but this is just a 3/10 version of his bumbling idiot character from the good guys

Complete lack of authenticity on any level

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

What movies do I need to see before I see the new Alien movie? I get so confused with this shit sometimes

Watched Twisters last night, would have been better in cinema and I prefer the original tbh. It's a nice movie and Glenn Powell steals it like he does most movies he's in these days. I gave it 3/5 but probs more a 2.5 for me.

The stunt man

Good as example as any why new movies suck

Garbage

Ryan Gosling is a good actor but this is just a 3/10 version of his bumbling idiot character from the good guys

Complete lack of authenticity on any level

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

How do you sit through it?

I find now if it’s rubbish after 20 minutes, I’m out

Life is short

Remove this Banner Ad

Movie What's the last movie you saw? (7)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back