Movie What's the last movie you saw? (7)

Remove this Banner Ad

What movies do I need to see before I see the new Alien movie? I get so confused with this shit sometimes

Watched Twisters last night, would have been better in cinema and I prefer the original tbh. It's a nice movie and Glenn Powell steals it like he does most movies he's in these days. I gave it 3/5 but probs more a 2.5 for me.
Don't think you really need to see any tbh, the call backs to the old films actually takes away from the film.

Fair. I'd like to watch a few of the old ones regardless as they're supposed to be good.
Oh if you've never watched them, just watch alien and aliens. All time classics and this movie is mostly a mash up of the two.
If you got time Prometheus isn't terrible, fassbender is great in it and theres interesting concepts introduced, but personally I don't need the world/lore building, we don't need to know how they came to be for them to be effective big bads

Local Legends (2013) - Matt Farley is the most prolific singer-songwriter in the world. He has tens of thousands of songs on Spotify, as he has worked out how to make the algorithm work for him. Songs with celebrities’ names in them are occasionally looked for, so he’ll perform a song for every celebrity you can think of. People look for songs with their name in it, so he’ll perform songs for every possible name he can think of. And kids look up silly things, so he has several novelty songs. I believe his “The Poop Song” is his most streamed, with over 6.5 million streams. Most of the songs are less than a minute long, and while Spotify residuals are small, when you have this many songs they all add up and allow him the small funding he requires for his cinematic passion projects.

Local Legends is the movie that basically sets out the modus operandi, something like a biopic of Farley himself - producing music, preparing for a standup gig, getting conned into going to a girl’s apartment when she promises to have the entire Billy Joel discography but only having his Greatest Hits Volumes I-III. The cast of his films are generally the same rotary cast of friends and family from his New Hampshire town, and while most of them aren’t the most polished actors in the world, the whole thing’s a testament to creativity to the best of your abilities and the best of your resources.

Farley has made a sequel this year to this film, and so has made it free on YouTube for the next few days. It’s only 77 minutes long, so if this description in any way interested, give it a watch! And if you don’t vibe with it, oh well. But it’s the only movie I’ve seen where the director puts his actual phone number on the screen halfway through, so at worst you can let him know your thoughts on it.

You can watch it here.

I got about an hour or so in and fell asleep

The first hour was ok; a bit confusing with who was who and some of the different stories making not much sense

Bombastic score

Will come back to it later on the weekend
True it started OK I thought but the film bounced around alot.

Rebel Moon Directors Cut Part 1

I was lead to believe this movie was a pile of crap. It is not.

I like the simplicity of the storyline. Recruit party members to fight against the Motherworld. Feels like a video game.

Some characters could have been fleshed out further but then the run time goes up even more.

Is there too much slow motion? Yes but it’s Snyder and you tune it out after a while.

Visuals are impeccable as to be expected with Snyder.

Thoroughly enjoyed the 3 and a half hours of this. I can’t usually sit through a movie of that run time and I was able to stick with this one.

Will be watching Part 2.

7.5/10

Watched A Quiet Place finally

Not bad, in no way would I be trying to have a big family in an apocalypse though

Of course I'd probably be dead, I'm not the survival type

A Good Liar, Helen Mirren and Ian McKellen in a con artist thriller, enjoyed it a lot

Currently watching Centre Stage which I have seen multiple times before after having to pay attention to two new movies

Just had a look at Xac Snyders wiki to see if I’d ever seen any of his films. See his name bandied about a bit here usually attached to things that don’t interest me.

Sure enough, haven’t seen a single one of his films and each to their own and all that, but looking at his filmography that ain’t about to change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just had a look at Xac Snyders wiki to see if I’d ever seen any of his films. See his name bandied about a bit here usually attached to things that don’t interest me.

Sure enough, haven’t seen a single one of his films and each to their own and all that, but looking at his filmography that ain’t about to change.

I think you either like his films or don’t.

I haven’t watched a bad film of his. They all range from watchable to good.

EDIT: Actually BvS kinda sucks. Probably his worst.

Watched A Quiet Place finally

Not bad, in no way would I be trying to have a big family in an apocalypse though

Of course I'd probably be dead, I'm not the survival type

A Good Liar, Helen Mirren and Ian McKellen in a con artist thriller, enjoyed it a lot

Currently watching Centre Stage which I have seen multiple times before after having to pay attention to two new movies
Centre Stage is so good. I haven't seen it in ages, will have to chuck it on tonight.

I think you either like his films or don’t.

I haven’t watched a bad film of his. They all range from watchable to good.

EDIT: Actually BvS kinda sucks. Probably his worst.
I can’t get into his films - I really think he is a style over substance film maker. What he produces looks good on the surface but is pretty terrible underneath.

Tell ya the last movie i DIDN'T watch - Borderlands

Looked a turkey from the trailers, 4.4 on IMDB - 10% on RT - 26% on Metacritic

Did Cate Blanchett lose a bet or something ??

Interestingly the original script was written by Chernobyl/The Last of Us writer maybe she was attached to that but then Eli Roth has absolutely butchered it to what it is now.

That or she just needed an easy paycheck

He's a bit of a mixed bag. 300 and Zack Snyder's Justice League are both excellent. Rebel Moon was terrible and I didn't finish it.

So finished Horizon

It came together well enough. He has attempted the sweeping epic; it’s not David Lean epic because of his decision I think to have too many story arcs. Don’t think we saw white on Native conflict in DWW it’s a step up to see it on film.

I read that the move to drop it on streaming was to attract audience attention for Pt 2 and 3 and apparently Pt 4.

It’s a clever move because it has hooked us for the sequels

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Movie What's the last movie you saw? (7)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back