Movie What's the last movie you saw? (7)

Remove this Banner Ad

Lord of the Rings - Fellowship of the Rings

So Im confused - I thought I hadnt watched the Hobbit trilogy and I did and I thought I had watched the LOTR trilogy and ( so far ) I havent. I know there were things going on in my life at the time but I am sure I didnt miss these

Anyway 3 hour movie which at home isnt an issue - again good direction, cast , music and writing plus action. What more could a viewer want. Not much to be fair

I cant recall if people were aware this was a trilogy in the same way viewers of Dune knew it was a 2-3 parter. Because it ended at a time I thought another half hour could have finished it

But I assume I will see all 3 hours in the 2nd one tomorrow night

So Im confused - I thought I hadnt watched the Hobbit trilogy and I did and I thought I had watched the LOTR trilogy and ( so far ) I havent. I know there were things going on in my life at the time but I am sure I didnt miss these

Anyway 3 hour movie which at home isnt an issue - again good direction, cast , music and writing plus action. What more could a viewer want. Not much to be fair

I cant recall if people were aware this was a trilogy in the same way viewers of Dune knew it was a 2-3 parter. Because it ended at a time I thought another half hour could have finished it

The Hobbit was a single book, first published in 1937. The Lord of the Rings trilogy came nearly 20 years later - Fellowship of the Rings, The Two Towers, The Return of the King. Peter Jackson made his LoTR movies around that book trilogy.

Jackson later expanded the material in The Hobbit to 3 prequels to LoTR.

Fighting with my Family… having watched The Iron Claw and Mr McMahon doco this year, wasn’t sure I was interested in a WWE produced sanitised movie. But I was swayed by ‘written and directed by Stephen Merchant’ as well as Florence Pugh, Lena Headey, Nick Frost and Vince Vaughn. Inspired by the real life story of a working class English wrestling family and the dreams of the brother and sister to make it to the WWE. The girl is picked while the boy is left behind to feel a bit bitter. Definitely leans more towards the quirky British comedy than slick US production though still paints WWE as the place where dreams come true. Funny English characters, a plenty of sporting cliches, including a montage, a good heart to the story. Inoffensively fun. 6.5/10.

I have some flights to/from perth coming up for work.
Probably want 2 movies each way.
So if you would like to, please hit me up with 4 fairly recent easy to watch movies (on netflix/apple or binge) i can download this week.
Rebel Ridge is a decent recent Netflix movie. Entertaining action that is grounded in some real issues with law enforcement in the US.

It's What's Inside on Netflix also sounds fun: "A pre-wedding party descends into an existential nightmare when an estranged friend shows up with a mysterious suitcase".

I have some flights to/from perth coming up for work.
Probably want 2 movies each way.
So if you would like to, please hit me up with 4 fairly recent easy to watch movies (on netflix/apple or binge) i can download this week.
Just noticed Late Night with the Devil is on there too 😍 that will make 90 mins fly.

Haven't checked in with this thread for a while but opened it today after kinda watching these two.

Haven't really seen the first probably but just about seen all the second (trying to watch with kids in between getting housework done).

Number two hit kinda hard with me and unfortunately I found myself identifying too much with anxiety these days and kinda wish I had more anxiety in my own adolescence.

All that panicking about what could go wrong and we might have no friends and might not make the team? Yeah I could've used that motivation back then.

The damn movie has caused too much introspection.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
I enjoyed the first but more so the second. Like you, it hit hard for me as I suffer from both anxiety and depression. The anxiety subplot is probably the cleanest and simplest way for describe how suffocating it is.

The LOTR movies were absolutely ripped at the time for how long they were, which always was silly to me as there were other long movies at the time, and now that length of film is kinda normal.

Alien Romulus

What got the most attention was the last 20 minutes which were it's original idea. Andy character was interesting to follow. Insane how $80m budget looks much better than Disney $200-$300mill
I just watched it last night and didn't really take notice for most of it but that last 20 mins, that's the movie right there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit of a cheesy action afternoon.

Killer's Game - big Dave Bautista fan, but felt like he phoned this in. It's B-Grade action and was quick. 5/10.

Twisters - Had no reason to exist, and didn't really add anything that the first didn't. But saved somewhat by Glen Powell. Not sure if they wanted to appeal to rednecks but didn't the rodeo scene wasn't necessary at all. 6/10.

From last weekend after Deadpool and Wolverine (which 6/10 for me)

Trap - Quirky horror. Josh Harnett is great. Feels like they are setting this up for another trilogy like Unbreakable/Split/Glass taking into account the ending. 6.5/10.

Quiet Place Day One - Thought this was great. Doesn't add a whole lot more than the first two, but was tense and solid acting. 7/10.

Last edited:
The LOTR movies were absolutely ripped at the time for how long they were, which always was silly to me as there were other long movies at the time, and now that length of film is kinda normal.

Makes it easier to watch at home but you need to invest more time because you hit pause and get a drink or smoke or pee

I watched the Two Towers tonight - again enjoyed it

The battle scenes were the best part.

I need to check if Andy Serkis was nominated for an Oscar. I thought his performance was outstanding

Ahh yes - good stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Movie What's the last movie you saw? (7)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back