Movie What's the last movie you saw? (7)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rebel Ridge

Pretty well done, slow burn very grounded small town corrupt cops action thiller.

Don Johnson is great but the male lead Aaron Pierre is amazing. Great presence and handles the physicality well.

The director Jeremy Saulnier also did a belter little indie horror called Green Room a few years back that I recommend anyone watch
Yeah watched green room after rebel ridge. Was great!
Now I need to hunt down his first film Blue Ruin

Rebel Ridge

Pretty well done, slow burn very grounded small town corrupt cops action thiller.

Don Johnson is great but the male lead Aaron Pierre is amazing. Great presence and handles the physicality well.

The director Jeremy Saulnier also did a belter little indie horror called Green Room a few years back that I recommend anyone watch
I didn't make the connection with the director. Green Room was quite impressive. I'll check Rebel Ridge out.

Late Night With The Devil (2023)

A low budget horror made in Melbourne. The directors do a great job of depicting the production of a 1970s talk show. David Dastmalchian is very good as the host. A couple of things didn't work for me. The story being framed as a documentary with black and white behind-the-scenes footage. Who is supposed to be filming that? And the ending was a mess.

5/10.

The Grove as referenced in the movie is based on a real 2,700-acre camp in California owned by an exclusive club of powerful men. I doubt they practice child sacrifice but they go to great lengths to make sure any uninvited guests don't get in.

Yeah watched green room after rebel ridge. Was great!
Now I need to hunt down his first film Blue Ruin
He’s got a Netflix film from 2018 that has Jeffrey Wright, Alexander Skaarsgard, Riley Keough and James Badge Dale that I’ve literally never heard of. Alien Romulus is lined up next but Hold The Dark (apparently that’s what it’s called) is now on the list too

Late Night With The Devil (2023)

A low budget horror made in Melbourne. The directors do a great job of depicting the production of a 1970s talk show. David Dastmalchian is very good as the host. A couple of things didn't work for me. The story being framed as a documentary with black and white behind-the-scenes footage. Who is supposed to be filming that? And the ending was a mess.

5/10.

The Grove as referenced in the movie is based on a real 2,700-acre camp in California owned by an exclusive club of powerful men. I doubt they practice child sacrifice but they go to great lengths to make sure any uninvited guests don't get in.
I initially thought the ending was abrupt but after thinking about it, don't think it was a mess at all. Spoilers ahead for those that haven't see it.

He was so desperate to succeed he made a Faustian pact and we thought it had been paid, he was given lots of chances to back out but kept pushing ahead and in the end, he will have achieved the fame he was after but not the way he had hoped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Movie What's the last movie you saw? (7)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back