What's this?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What a suprise, another unsubstantiated St Kilda rumour thread started by a Collingwood supporter.

It's a conspiracy. Collingwood has taken over twitter and is manifesting rumours to take down St.Kilda to get back at them for losing to us in the grand final.

It's a conspiracy. Collingwood has taken over twitter and is manifesting rumours to take down St.Kilda to get back at them for not beating them in the grand final.

I'm sure I could find made up rumours on twitter about Collingwood players too. I'm not pathetic enough to make a thread on here about them though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No you're not... but you WILL spend all your time trying to refute the rumors

No need for me to refute rumours that haven't been proven, it's up to the people spreading these rumours to back them up with evidence, which none of them have done so far.

Nah.

Holding is a bowler but he was batting.
Willey, although he didn't bowl very often, was bowling at the time.

Very funny.

This is very off-topic, but this thread really deserves no less, so here goes (I did check coz I always thought it was Holding bowling, and I got this on Wikipedia):

"The oft cited quote:

“ The bowler's Holding, the batsman's Willey ”

occurred when Michael Holding of the West Indies was bowling to Peter Willey of England in a Test match at The Oval in 1976. Johnston claimed not to have noticed saying anything odd during the match, and that he was only alerted to his gaffe by a letter from "a lady" named "Miss Mainpiece".

According to Christopher Martin-Jenkins,[8] the cricinfo biography, and the biography by Johnston's son Barry, Johnston never actually made the remark. Barry Johnston says "It was too good a pun to resist...but Brian never actually said that he had spoken the words on air." However, this is contradicted by an account offered by Henry Blofeld, who claims to have been present at the time.

It is perhaps worth noting though that, with Blofeld's recollection of the score being 81-7 when the remark was made, England had a healthy first innings, and in the second Willey was the fourth wicket. In the second innings Peter Willey faced 11 balls and was caught by Gordon Greenidge off the bowling of Vanburn Holder. The two batsman whose wickets fell either side of Willeys were both bowled by Michael Holding so it is reasonable to assume that Willey did face some balls from Holding. The score was 77-4 when Willey's wicket fell. ".

But, like, whatever and all that.

This is very off-topic, but this thread really deserves no less, so here goes (I did check coz I always thought it was Holding bowling, and I got this on Wikipedia):

"The oft cited quote:

“ The bowler's Holding, the batsman's Willey ”

occurred when Michael Holding of the West Indies was bowling to Peter Willey of England in a Test match at The Oval in 1976. Johnston claimed not to have noticed saying anything odd during the match, and that he was only alerted to his gaffe by a letter from "a lady" named "Miss Mainpiece".

According to Christopher Martin-Jenkins,[8] the cricinfo biography, and the biography by Johnston's son Barry, Johnston never actually made the remark. Barry Johnston says "It was too good a pun to resist...but Brian never actually said that he had spoken the words on air." However, this is contradicted by an account offered by Henry Blofeld, who claims to have been present at the time.

It is perhaps worth noting though that, with Blofeld's recollection of the score being 81-7 when the remark was made, England had a healthy first innings, and in the second Willey was the fourth wicket. In the second innings Peter Willey faced 11 balls and was caught by Gordon Greenidge off the bowling of Vanburn Holder. The two batsman whose wickets fell either side of Willeys were both bowled by Michael Holding so it is reasonable to assume that Willey did face some balls from Holding. The score was 77-4 when Willey's wicket fell.

A popular cricket website, Holdingwilley.com, has named itself after this well-known cricket anecdote, although the site is a general cricket website and doesn't focus on that incident alone".

But, like, whatever and all that. :)
Now I'm confused.:confused:

Are you saying that it was said but it was said the wrong way around at the time?

Notice how even though the video is supposedly "doing the rounds"... Nobody has actually seen it. Nobody is even claiming to have seen it.

Surely for it to qualify as having been "doing the rounds", someone, somewhere has to confirm that they've seen it.

Childish rumour.

If it involves St.Kilda it's a safe bet that somewhere along the line there is fornication involved.

Its not as if you would know what fornication is like anyway so why comment?

That's ****ing disgusting. I hate him and the club even more now :mad:

:D:thumbsu: Great to know. You can line up with all the others and see if anyone else really gives a shit.

This thread is lame. This rumour is months old and is simply untrue.

Sums it up quite well.

All im gonna say is Dal Santos penis stays that size no matter what u do to it ;-)

So you you would know first hand what Dal Santo's penis is like huh? Whatever gets your rocks off i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back