ditto

Club Legend
Jul 27, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
.....I've heard that there is a 'mingle with the players' in one of the rooms after the game.

Can anyone out there confirm or deny for me please?

Not sure if it's the first game at the G, but i'm flying over to see Eagles vs Collingwood round 12. As they say in the classics yeaaaaahhh boy.

boring for them and geta****inglife to you

That's how I'd feel about meeting them. We know a bit about them, but we're just a stranger to them. It'd be awkward.

At the 2010 pre-season game at Steel Blue oval, quite a few of the WC guys were sitting a couple of rows behind me. I didn't bother having a chat with them because there's nothing worthwhile to discuss. If I want info on them, I can get that online. I don't care to know any personal info, hence no need to talk with them.

Kinda agree, many years ago I went to an after match team meet-up at the Dome, spoke to Troy Wilson for about 30 seconds before feeling like some sort of stalker and made my way out.

Players surely must hate this stuff?

Meeting the players is great for the kids and having an opportunity to go into the rooms and meet them would be great. Adults should just hang back :) and not get in the way.

dont get me wrong - i ****ing love my eagles - but mix with them socially is like - groupie shit - what would you say to them - so great tackle glassy - love how you - erm spoiled that mark at 3.13 in the 3rd

boring for them and geta****inglife to you
Good for the kids to get autographs etc - the players are really good about it

The comments about stalker and awkward are correct. I went to the 2010 Richmond game at the G. The meet the players event was happening directly behind our seats, so stayed for a couple of drinks. Suffice it to say I felt extremely uncomfortable as women of aging from 13 to 60 virtually swamped the players. My GF wanted to leave, but I'd just bought a drink, so we stayed for a couple of minutes. In that time Beau Wilkes came over and we had a chat about trolling for tuna around Rotto. Beau was a top bloke and seems to love his fishing, but I wouldn't recommend the events for anyone other than kids.

My sister attended a barbecue with the 92 premiership team. She said that for the most part they were egotistical w***ers. I suppose that when you've just become the first non-Victorian team to win the premiership, you're entitled to be a bit up yourself.

Remove this Banner Ad

When the Eagles play at the 'G'....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back