When the final siren went last night I...

Remove this Banner Ad

...just up and left asap, mostly due to the following...

The North supporter beside me said "F*** it" "F*** North" x 8 on the final siren and we had about enough of him all night with his hysterics. I thought it must have been Brad Scott's missing triplet such was his pain and carry on.:rolleyes:

But Pru and Trude the Blues older aged women who remarked to my kid at the 20 min mark of the 3rd Q that 'you wont be waving that flag much anymore tonight dear'.

So GTFO of here Trude......Dad (me) picked up the flag for the rest of the night and waved the fricking thing like a sword for 8 of the next 10 goals.

Mind you this was all on Level 2 where we paid good $ to sit...I will retreat back to Level 3 with the 'normal' people from now on.o_O

speechless

On a different subject, why do you have Chelsea Roffey as your avatar?
I enjoy looking at her AND listening to her, this could get weird!

The one thing about NM members and supporters is that we do not microwave our memberships or start house fires with our merchandise - that's my positive for the week!

I left with an angry wife, and an angry 10 year old.

During the game I sat there convinced we wouldn't get up after being that far down.

we went 7 points down and they got me back believing we were about to see a miracle, we were going to do what had been done to us.

the next goal I was in full voice.

after the game I was numb.

Looked the north guy who was standing next to me in the eye, for the briefest of moments, we agreed that there were no words to describe our pain and anger, and silently left the ground via the nearest exit. During the walk out I internally blasted every curse I know directed towards the fact that nobody on our team had at least niggled the dog judd, towards Dish for that missed pass, Patch for that missed mark, the heavens for not pissing down with rain befitting the scene and myself for having a 50min drive home before my next drink. Pffffft

I had to go straight to work. Luckily for me it was a pretty quiet night. Even had time to watch that Brad Pitt gangster movie, Killing Them Softly. Kind of what the team is doing to us this season, killing us softly and slowly, no mercy etc.....
Didn't get carried away at all during our comeback. I just stood there emotionless knowing we'd screw it up again. Sad it's come to this.

Sat there, shaking my head in disbelief, wondering what the **** just happened.

Then I left the coaches box and headed down to the rooms to check on Goldy's life support, before trying to work out how the hell I was going to spin this shit again in the press conference.

After leaving Etihad went to Tender Touch for a rub and tug. You can afford crap like that when you have a contract until the end of time.

Stood up from my cheer squad seat, hugged my son and made sure he didn't get upset, then held his hand and walked as quickly as possible with him back to my car, took deep breaths to be calm for the drive home and tried to think about other things. Took me a while to get off to sleep, those close finishes really wind you up.

I barely heard the siren though - switched off when Kruezer took yet anther mark and there was no hope left.

...mixed emotions...angry yet calm, sad yet happy, sense of dejavu yet surprised we didnt fade away in the last quarter...

straight after the game i was thinking this is the making of us, then brad said something similar after the game...

we'll get there, just hold on a little longer guys!

I calmly stood, wished those around me well and walked across the road back home.
When I got there I had a scotch on the rocks before heading to bed and having angry sex.
Sadly, I was alone :stern look
Ha ha - I hear ya! My other half is interstate visiting her folks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a nice long chuckle with bigeasy.

Caught the train home to Frankston. At some Godforsaken station along the way we all had to wait for 20 minutes or so while an ambulance came to attend to a sick passenger.

I didn't care. What's a wait on a nice warm train compared with losing another close game?

I sat in disbelief that I witnessed another close loss this year, I had nothing to say, just sat their shaking my head watching blues supporters looking at me feeling sorry, while some were as smug as ever after clinging onto a 1 point win. I was bloody speechless.

On a different subject, why do you have Chelsea Roffey as your avatar?
I enjoy looking at her AND listening to her, this could get weird!

The one thing about NM members and supporters is that we do not microwave our memberships or start house fires with our merchandise - that's my positive for the week!

I just have a little thing for her... think shes cute :D

Same but then the other games we lost by under a goal came into my head!

Had the same though in my head too... one stage thought it was our turn to "come back from the dead" and pinch this one... then remembered the other games and became very nurvous.

I left with an angry wife, and an angry 10 year old.

During the game I sat there convinced we wouldn't get up after being that far down.

we went 7 points down and they got me back believing we were about to see a miracle, we were going to do what had been done to us.

the next goal I was in full voice.

after the game I was numb.

This! absolutely numb. Thought a miracle was upon us.

So GTFO of here Trude......Dad (me) picked up the flag for the rest of the night and waved the fricking thing like a sword for 8 of the next 10 goals.

Lol

I sat back down as the siren sounded. I had a Blues supporting bloke and his teenaged daughters on one side of me. They'd been reasonable all night. He'd cheer and shout when his side required it and I'd do the same for ours. He tapped me on the shoulder, after he'd leapt up in celebration, and said "so unlucky for you guys. I thought Boomer was going to kill us off until that horrible bounce."

We wound up having a bit of a chat. He added "We're just making up the numbers this year. Both sides are, along with other mid table battlers. I think your side has much more upside than ours though so hang in there. 2014 will be alot better for you I predict!"

Shook his hand, spent ten minutes loading up the crap we need to cart around with the two kids, and wandered back over the bridge towards my work (where we park), listening to the odd f*** faced Blues flog shouting "GO YOU BLUE BOYSSSSSS" or their old favourite "DAH DA DA DA DA................". I countered each one I heard with a loud "F*** OFF!"

All in all though I was pretty calm. It's been that kind of year.

Listened to the game via the AFL app on a banana lounge by the pool +30C on vacation in Croatia. Really expected us to beat Carlton but never thought we would get that close after the 3rd quarter performance. Was resigned that we would ended up less than a goal down. Radio coverage dropped out with 18 seconds to go. Frantically had to reload the app only to be met with the wrong team song playing. Calmly Switched off the iPhone and jumped into the Adriatic Sea....Things could be worse. And yes I could smell Goldy's stinking it up from here.

Remove this Banner Ad

When the final siren went last night I...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back