When will the Age wisen up to this amateur

Remove this Banner Ad

I just hate she writes articles as pure fact and writes as if she was in the room when it all happened, almost as if she is just paraphrasing what she witnessed.

Next she will say she was in the bed when Laidley rolled over and asked his wife for one last shag as a senior coach.

even on SEN they were raising questions about how long the age is going to keep her as the head writer. shes going pretty low atm.

well she'll be on 3AW on sunday, but they've already pre-recorded it, I have a transcript;

Gerard Healy: "Caro, looks like there's some doubt about the accuracy of your story regarding Eugene Arocca and Dean Laidley"
Caro: "I did hear that Gerard, but my sources very close to this situation confirmed that what I wrote was absolutely accurate"
Gerard: "Caro, for the listeners, would you be prepared to reveal your sources:
Caro: "Gerard, you know I can't do that. But I'm telling all your listeners that what I wrote is absolutely accurate"
Gerard: "Let's go to our callers"
Caller 1 (Paul from Epping): "Caro, stop hiding behind your imaginary sources and admit that you got this wrong, like you got the McGuire story wrong, the Ricky Nixon story wrong, and the Wallace story wrong"
Caro: "Paul, listen my sources are absolutely impecable on this, and I don't care how Eugene Arocca, or James Brayshaw, or North try to spin this, what I wrote is correct"
Paul from Epping: "Caro, you're a lying ****"
Gerard: "Now come on Paul, I know that's true. Can you imagine having to look at this woman for the next hour. At least during footy classifieds the viewers get an ad break"

No matter what Caro writes, she is never going to be right, according to the same old predictably middle aged, beer gutted, "there's no place for women in football" keyboard supermen who dominate this board!

Now if you really want to get your Y fronts in a knot go read Tony Jones assessment of same topic on msn.

Haha, nearly as good as Jim Wilson on Sunrise this morning. He said Laidley had been kicked out by Brayshaw, who has being gunning for him for some time now, and the proof was Brayshaw making Laidley sign a contract saying he has to have a mid-year review completed by Rd 16 :eek:

oh boy, what a knob. That tosser is the biggest pussy. Always outraged by every minor incident. Would love to smash him in the head! :mad:

No matter what Caro writes, she is never going to be right, according to the same old predictably middle aged, beer gutted, "there's no place for women in football" keyboard supermen who dominate this board!

Now if you really want to get your Y fronts in a knot go read Tony Jones assessment of same topic on msn.
That's funny, I'm nowhere near middle aged. Also, 'keyboard supermen', how else are we meant to voice our opinions on an internet forum? How do you do it? Would you like us to voice record them and then upload them for you to hear?

She is just shocking and her articles just come across as supposition bracketed but insinuation with a little bit of "a close source says...an insider tells me" to cover her arse.

That's funny, I'm nowhere near middle aged. Also, 'keyboard supermen', how else are we meant to voice our opinions on an internet forum? How do you do it? Would you like us to voice record them and then upload them for you to hear?

my definition of keyboard supermen is: they post anonymously, slamming whoever they don't like / opinions they don't approve of, often female sport journalists whose initials are CW, then sit back and laugh when most other keyboard supermen agree with them, ipso facto their prejudices are indulged .

my definition of keyboard supermen is: they post anonymously, slamming whoever they don't like / opinions they don't approve of, often female sport journalists whose initials are CW, then sit back and laugh when most other keyboard supermen agree with them, ipso facto their prejudices are indulged .

The irony coming from someone defending USC!

Caro's terrible, that's fact, I trust my sources on this

So, is Carolyn Wilson the chief AFL journalist at the Age?
If so, and this is the quality they accept, might be time to rethink my subscription.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately Caro is taking the Fatprick Smith approach to journalism and that is to try and antagonise to gain a reaction....it works.....she has lost the respect of all who read her articles....

The irony coming from someone defending USC!

I'll tell you something for free and that is most males, excepting an enlightened few :thumbsu:, on this forum think women have no right to an opinion re football, let alone a female journalist who happens to be the head football writer for the Age. Way outnumbered, she cops heaps more shit than any male in the same position. Go ahead prove me wrong! This despite the fact that her football pedigree and knowledge would leave most here in her wake.

I'll tell you something for free and that is most males, excepting an enlightened few :thumbsu:, on this forum think women have no right to an opinion re football, let alone a female journalist who happens to be the head football writer for the Age. Way outnumbered, she cops heaps more shit than any male in the same position. Go ahead prove me wrong! This despite the fact that her football pedigree and knowledge would leave most here in her wake.

So, you are saying just being a woman means you can lie as much as you like and not be questioned?
Does this not demean woman with real journalistic talent?

This despite the fact that her football pedigree and knowledge would leave most here in her wake.

Yeah right! It really come through in her journalism. Sorry I doubted her. Yes we hate her because she is a woman, not that she is clueless, biased or doesn't check her facts. You got the pedigree part right. Could you elaborate more about what pedigree she comes from. She has plenty of nip.

Caroline Wilson is judged way more harshly here than any male football journalist, and not because her opinion is any less worthy than her male counterparts.
Haven't noticed that any male equivalent, clueless, biased or doesn't check their facts male journo is pilloried to the same extent!

Yep, she certainly looks older than 16 and obviously has an IQ above 40 so that pretty much counts out 90% of BF posters. Seriously, she's obviously good at her job but grates on some people a lot of the time and a lot of people some of the time, like pretty much every journalist around. And yes, there's no doubt that it is more difficult for a female to write credibly about AFL. Her perspective and input is valued by this footy follower - even if I don't agree with some of the things she says and writes.

Remove this Banner Ad

When will the Age wisen up to this amateur

Remove this Banner Ad

Back