Where are they now - Mark Blake

Remove this Banner Ad

gcats070911

Debutant
Mar 8, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Sorry guys to start a new topic on this, as was looking for something i thought i had seen a while back about where past players are now, but couldnt find it

I was just wondering if anyone knows if Mark Blake is still playing football locally somewhere, and if so, where abouts?

I remember reading a couple of years ago that he'd signed at Thomson in the GDFL as a ruck coach but I'm not sure if that included playing.

Sorry guys to start a new topic on this, as was looking for something i thought i had seen a while back about where past players are now, but couldnt find it

I was just wondering if anyone knows if Mark Blake is still playing football locally somewhere, and if so, where abouts?
He came and trained at east geelong a couple of times.

Still works locally in Geelong I believe. or at least he did up until the last year or so.. I used to see him walking round in town when I was on my lunch break back in my public servant days

99 games, I think?

Despite the apparent attitude problems, I thought the Cats were a little mean spirited not to find a way to give the guy an extra game to get to his 100 in his final season with us. My recollection was there was a game or two late in the season where this could have been accommodated. (May come back to haunt us if he has a son!)

99 games, I think?

Despite the apparent attitude problems, I thought the Cats were a little mean spirited not to find a way to give the guy an extra game to get to his 100 in his final season with us. My recollection was there was a game or two late in the season where this could have been accommodated. (May come back to haunt us if he has a son!)
I agree. He should have got the 100th game.

99 games, I think?

He already got 99 games he didn't deserve, and I didn't see any talent in his genes that would flow on to a son, so I think we're good. One of Chris Scott's best moments in my eyes to not just gift a 100th game that someone didn't deserve it on ability. I'm still wanting to know what he had on Thompson for those other years too... ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

99 games, I think?

Especially as he was a father son pick too

Wasn't there a rumour about Blake giving the club an ultimatum after 07-King or him? Can't be bothered searching the forum for the threads I assume its in - although technically I didn't get it from here...

Stock broker.

Maybe works for a financial services firm that does both? I spoke to a broker called Mark Blake from Geelong about an application and presumed it was him. I guess it would be a reasonably common name though.

Maligned AFL figures must be attracted to careers as brokers. I've spoken to razor ray a few times, seemed like a decent guy for a broker (and an umpire) :eek:

Mark Blake was the main reason we were not able to hold on to Shane Mumford right?

End of the day, premiership player who did play a key role during that period.
According to Mumford anyway. But Sydney did offer him a far bigger contract than Geelong would have been able to, and it looks better to say you're leaving because you weren't given the GF ruck spot rather than you left for a pay day. Who knows if playing in the GF actually would have changed his mind.

Mark Blake was very good in the 2009 GF, so it's hard to say it was the wrong decision to make.

My old club! Played 12 years of junior footy and reserves. Really miss it, lost it's appeal when all my school mates stopped
Been a pretty enjoyable year down there this year. Blakey did a few pre season sessions with us and might be doing a junior development role next year apparently. Would be insanely handy if we could get him to play as well hah.

Mark Blake was the main reason we were not able to hold on to Shane Mumford right?

End of the day, premiership player who did play a key role during that period.
Not true. Mumford was offered what we couldn't afford.
We already had a whole bunch of players who were paid unders to stay together.
We had absolutely no chance of keeping him.

I remember reading a couple of years ago that he'd signed at Thomson in the GDFL as a ruck coach but I'm not sure if that included playing.
Thomson has a ruck coach?

Remove this Banner Ad

Where are they now - Mark Blake

Remove this Banner Ad

Back