Where is Cory Gault at? (bumped see post #153)

Do you think Cory Gault will make it to 50 games?

• Yeah

Votes: 41 41.8%
  • Nah

Votes: 57 58.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Although they have different attributes, you'd think he's mostly competing with White, so if White proves to be as inconsistent as last year he may get more chances this time round.

Maybe but an alternative is Witts or Grundy, White and Gault. That gives you one genuine ruckman and two forwards/relief ruckman.

It might come down to whether Grundy and Wiits are seen as plausible options up forward. I don't think it would happen unless Gault really started to dominate up forward in the 2s. He would also need to be elevated.

I saw some things which I really liked in the game he played last year against Hawthorn. There were a couple of instances where he went for the mark and his timing, positioning and read of the ball were really good. OK in the examples I am talking about he didn't take the mark but you could see the potential for a player who could be a strong overhead mark. We saw one example of it in the NAB game also. I think he is worth persisting with. If he shows improvement this year he should be kept on the list even if he doesn't get a senior game.

Frost for scharenberg gault for mcaffer...lti

What are you talking about? That is senior / rookie list thing. You want to play him in the seniors. So which player who is number 22 on the field are you going to drop to play Gault? Which player does Gault deserve a game over?

There were a couple of instances where he went for the mark and his timing, positioning and read of the ball were really good. OK in the examples I am talking about he didn't take the mark but you could see the potential for a player who could be a strong overhead mark. We saw one example of it in the NAB game also.

So using the footy cliche he 'moves well'?

You know you have a star in the making when thats the best complement you have.

So using the footy cliche he 'moves well'?

You know you have a star in the making when thats the best complement you have.
I am a collingwood supporter.
I only see the positives and then imagine we have the next Carey :D
I will remind you of this post in 5 years time when Gault is being labelled the greatest KPF in the history of the game ;)

I am a collingwood supporter.
I only see the positives and then imagine we have the next Carey :D
I will remind you of this post in 5 years time when Gault is being labelled the greatest KPF in the history of the game ;)

Deal. But only if you will also remind me of this when he is the next Jackson Paine?

Deal.
I have a sneaking suspicion that it will be me that does the reminding :(

Paine has played 12 games for 11 goals @ .92 gpg
Gault has played one game for 2 goals @ 2 goals per game
Just sayin'

What are you talking about? That is senior / rookie list thing. You want to play him in the seniors. So which player who is number 22 on the field are you going to drop to play Gault? Which player does Gault deserve a game over?
talking about promoting him as for besr 22 if injuries or form to grundy white cloke or witts he gets a game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frost for scharenberg gault for mcaffer...lti
If they promote a player for LTI it means the injured player can't play for a minimum of 8 weeks. Pretty sure both Caff and Shazz would be pushing to play VFL earlier than that.

If they promote a player for LTI it means the injured player can't play for a minimum of 8 weeks. Pretty sure both Caff and Shazz would be pushing to play VFL earlier than that.

Shazz will be but Caff had some setbacks so he might take a tad longer

I'm backing the Corrugaulted Iron man to be a long term Full Forward. Shown enough for me to get a wee bit excited about the prospect.

I'm backing the Corrugaulted Iron man to be a long term Full Forward. Shown enough for me to get a wee bit excited about the prospect.

If he had a bit more speed I'd be backing him in, but he has to be a far more dominant mark at his pace than he is, so hopefully working alongside Cloke he'll be able to improve to where it needs to be.

If he gets a chance, he would have deserved it. I hope he does and makes the most of it, it would make us stronger having a capable target to work with Cloke. It would also be nice to see White have a breakout year and star delivering on his potential, having the two of them genuinely putting selection pressure for the right to play.

Gault will only get a chance if someone lands on long term injury list. Neither Caff or Shazz will go there. Both will be pushing for early selection with Shazz a chacne to play RD3 NAB. Lets not forget that Moore is there as is Grundy and Mason Cox is apparently coming on strong. I cann see a forward line of Cloke, Moore, and either White or Grundy OR Cox in the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Where is Cory Gault at? (bumped see post #153)

Back