Where the improvement will come from?

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard from a source that the club thinks we are way behind other teams eg. Port Adelaide, because our good players have no tanks. Apparently Cochin and Martin just have no tanks at all and can't run out games and teams like port are gonna just run all over us next year.
We need to bring in players with elite endurance, because if our leaders can't run out games we're gonna get smashed like we did in the EF all over again

Heard from a source that the club thinks we are way behind other teams eg. Port Adelaide, because our good players have no tanks. Apparently Cochin and Martin just have no tanks at all and can't run out games and teams like port are gonna just run all over us next year.
We need to bring in players with elite endurance, because if our leaders can't run out games we're gonna get smashed like we did in the EF all over again

Doesn't explain the first qtr...... Or the last

Strange as we were top 2 in last quarters won this year, only team a head of us was Port. We were also in the top bracket of sides for quarters won as well.

They've probably had too many beef taco's

Strange as we were top 2 in last quarters won this year, only team a head of us was Port. We were also in the top bracket of sides for quarters won as well.

That's what I thought too. But this was coming from some of the top dogs at the club. I'm not too worried about it though as long as we don't bring in other players with no tanks as well otherwise too much of the team will be like that. It explains why cotchin can't break tags

That's what I thought too. But this was coming from some of the top dogs at the club. I'm not too worried about it though as long as we don't bring in other players with no tanks as well otherwise too much of the team will be like that. It explains why cotchin can't break tags

Agree with some of what you said Beef but you lost me at Trent Cotchin cant break a tag. Do you realise he finished in the top 20 in the AFL for possessions this year, at 14, above Pendlebury who was 15th.

http://www.afl.com.au/stats

I would be stoked if richmond this draft was lucky enough to get another Trent Cotchin. His motor is not an issue, like some views on here, its a myth.

I would also say just because our final quarters are pretty good, I would argue we don't run enough over 4 quarters, which I hope is what they meant.

Agree with some of what you said Beef but you lost me at Trent Cotchin cant break a tag. Do you realise he finished in the top 20 in the AFL for possessions this year, at 14, above Pendlebury who was 15th.

http://www.afl.com.au/stats

I would be stoked if richmond this draft was lucky enough to get another Trent Cotchin. His motor is not an issue, like some views on here, its a myth.

Yes but some taggers go to lids and stuff like Crowley and some teams don't have quality taggers. But when he cops a hard tag he struggles to really break it. But I love Trent and think he's a ripper player. To still find the footy with those tags and not the best tank is credit to him. My one issue with him has always been that he doesn't run hard enough sometimes especially defensively. Sometimes he just looks buggered. And this would explain it

I would also say just because our final quarters are pretty good, I would argue we don't run enough over 4 quarters, which I hope is what they meant.
Yeah definitely what they meant. And I think the coaching staff are super intelligent and have organised the game plan so that we can run out games as a team. Eg resting the stars more forward and on the bench. And having the players with big tanks being more involved towards the end of games

Yes but some taggers go to lids and stuff like Crowley and some teams don't have quality taggers. But when he cops a hard tag he struggles to really break it. But I love Trent and think he's a ripper player. To still find the footy with those tags and not the best tank is credit to him. My one issue with him has always been that he doesn't run hard enough sometimes especially defensively. Sometimes he just looks buggered. And this would explain it

To be perfectly honest, Trent is one of the few players in the AFL that has managed to break tags on a regular basis, and he's been doing it since 2011. Just because he gets tagged out occassionally (so does everybody but Gary Ablett) doesn't mean that he can't break a tag. He was tagged pretty much every game in his MVP year, but that didn't stop him.

He played injured last year and half of this year , Hardwick has run him into the ground like Maric so we can play finals. He's a ripper and a hard worker but it's not through lack of trying he can't break those tags it's been his body most of the time. When he's 100% fit he's much better at breaking those tags, Deledio on the other hand couldn't even break the tag off his new designer label beany that Griggs paid 100 bucks for as a friendship gift.

Will be interesting to see what crazy moves are made during pre-seasons this year... Wonder if we will top Martin to HB and Newman forward. Or continue to play McDonough in defence?

I'll start McBean to defence to work on his defensice side.

Martin spending time across half back, running and carrying out of defence was a great idea. Was miles in front of our b&f in first half of the year. Played forward would not have got a touch because our delivery in there was non existent. ask JR.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Martin spending time across half back, running and carrying out of defence was a great idea. Was miles in front of our b&f in first half of the year. Played forward would not have got a touch because our delivery in there was non existent. ask JR.

Graet idea??? How match winning goals did Martin kick? How much drive did he give I'd into the forward live ... Martin had slot to do with the forward line functioning better ....

FFS
Not this line again
Only a genius like DH could of thought of this
Partially Explains why we were 3-10

FFS
Not this line again
Imo I understand his best position is centre-fwd( and he still gets plenty of the ball in the backline especially when the opposition is in their fwdline and we compress up and he set up plenty of run and carry/ delivery from there) but imo it is purely designed to make players be able to play in multiple positions especially when things aren't going well on the day. We bemoan the lack change on game day if needed, yet to facilitate change players must be able to do/play to these changes. Yet when we try to change players roles, we crack it. We want players to play in their best position, but it also is the coaches job to train players in alternative roles if so needed.

Imo I understand his best position is centre-fwd( and he still gets plenty of the ball in the backline especially when the opposition is in their fwdline and we compress up and he set up plenty of run and carry/ delivery from there) but imo it is purely designed to make players be able to play in multiple positions especially when things aren't going well on the day. We bemoan the lack change on game day if needed, yet to facilitate change players must be able to do/play to these changes. Yet when we try to change players roles, we crack it. We want players to play in their best position, but it also is the coaches job to train players in alternative roles if so needed.
Agree with your thoughts, but removing an attacking player into a defensive position only favours the opposition is MO

Agree with your thoughts, but removing an attacking player into a defensive position only favours the opposition is MO
Sometimes when things aren't going well you have to put your best players in positions where they can influence a game. One of our weaknesses is generating run from half back. Hence Dustin was tried there as no matter the situation he takes the game on.

FFS
Not this line again

Just the flip side of the coin TI, and I'll use your unique form of language :p

" Only a genius like DH could of thought of a way that partially explains why we finished the year 9-1.

Just the flip side of the coin TI, and I'll use your unique form of language :p

" Only a genius like DH could of thought of a way that partially explains why we finished the year 9-1.
But it wasn't him it was the players , it was their fault too when we were 3 and 10. Figure that one out. Definately a change in game plan .

Remove this Banner Ad

Where the improvement will come from?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back