Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
Where to from here?

Well, here we are .. back in all too familiar territory, getting belted each week without a yelp. We've gone nowhere since 2004. Nowhere. A quick look through our program and I can't see us with a realistic chance of winning another game until round 19 against Carlton.

Terrible effort by Guerra, he should get 5 matches for what he did. Our general lack of discipline is at an alarming level. Our skill level is appalling.

I've never felt more pessimistic about our chances than I do right now. Sorry for being so negative but those are my honest feelings.

Adelaide Hawk said:
Where to from here?

Well, here we are .. back in all too familiar territory, getting belted each week without a yelp. We've gone nowhere since 2004. Nowhere. A quick look through our program and I can't see us with a realistic chance of winning another game until round 19 against Carlton.

Terrible effort by Guerra, he should get 5 matches for what he did. Our general lack of discipline is at an alarming level. Our skill level is appalling.

I've never felt more pessimistic about our chances than I do right now. Sorry for being so negative but those are my honest feelings.

Bring Barker back to straighten the side up a bit.

Other than that, there are possibly 2 winnable games left this year. If we didn't win again, i wouldn't be too surprised.

Another terrible performance, but Lewis' game was an extreme positive.

Adelaide Hawk said:
Where to from here?

Have to agree with you there ,we were woeful again.Franklin may as well've not been on the ground ,his game looks to be severely restricted ,looks as if he's too scared to make a mistake.We are still a third rate unit as we have been for the last four years and the only thing us supporters have got to look forward to yet again this year is draft day.

Adelaide Hawk said:
Where to from here?

Well, here we are .. back in all too familiar territory, getting belted each week without a yelp. We've gone nowhere since 2004. Nowhere.

A: We can't be back in familiar territory if if we have "gone nowhere since 2004".
B: Lewis, Franklin, Clarke, Kane, Williams, Roughead, Mitchell, Hodge and Sewell have improved dramatically since 2004.

Adelaide Hawk said:
A quick look through our program and I can't see us with a realistic chance of winning another game until round 19 against Carlton.

Thats fairly harsh. I think we have realistic chances of beating the Bulldogs, Power, Richmond, Brisbane and Fremantle before Carlton.

Adelaide Hawk said:
Terrible effort by Guerra, he should get 5 matches for what he did.

Hardly. He may get a couple of weeks but his effort was far from 'terrible'.
Terrible = Smith :D

Hawkk said:
We had a crack tonight..no doubt about it, BUT we need to work on our kicking skills.

All skills need working on. Marking and handballing is also a massive concern.

We need to run harder and kick the ball more direct.

That was one of the worst performances ive seen by us for some time tonight. Skills were just terrible. Kicking for goal was ordinary and the gameplan sucks majorly. Luckily Essendon and Geelong are worse than us..

Ladson and Guerra = Box Hill bound. Goo will be suspended.

On a positive, Sewell and Brown were only beaten by crap skills in the midfeild and were clearly, along with Lewis, our best.
Respect to big Robbie too, great game.

Trade Spida.

Taylor encouraging and good to see Buddy out there again, even if he shanked a few and made a couple of brain fades, hes put in 100% and presented most of the game.

Crawf was mighty pist tonight, apparently Mitchell was talking to him for 10 minutes at half time and Crawf just stared and said nothing. Wasnt happy with the rotations and lost the plot. I see where he is coming from tho..

Clarkson on shaky ground right now. Bring in Bomber!

Hawk Dork said:
Dermie suggested Ladson and Bateman need reprogramming in the 2's

Bateman no. But his form is worrying. I wonder if hes carrying an injury we dont know about? Coz hes been terrible all year...

Just on Spida again, he shows no heart, playing for the money and Taylor was the better ruckman tonight. Hes gone..

If Spidas was playing for the money he would be doing OK
He may have spat it over having his contract negotiations being played out over the media.But if he wants to go to Sydney he should perform better at the interview

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez, A shocking game by the boys. What was worst then the skills was the lack of manning up. So many times on turn overs you would see players jogging back to position it was terrible. Croad, Brown, Lewis and Kane were the only players giving a real dip in the last quarter. We need to work on our kicking and we need to bring that physical pressure back we used against Geelong. We also need to start going wide on the kick outs and brining it back through the corridor when we get around to centre wing and start using linking handballs and good spotting up kicks to willow or long bombs to Roughie.

Guerra is gone, Lado didnt do too much but did try go in harder. Everitt might of not did much around the field but still got us a good 34 hit outs.

Tails, Kane, Brown, Lewis and Campbell were very good. Franklin had one good half, he is inconsistant he takes a good mark one second then will look like his just putting his hands up in the air for show the next second.

Our kicking still lets us down and we need to keep cleaning out the poor disposals out of our team. But the young kids still are showing promise with Lewis and Kane showing we can rely on them when sammy and Hodgey are getting tagged to the :D:D:D:D house.

That was Lewis' best game ever. Was super impressive...

And youre right Binxy, Mr.Consistant. Poor bloke had to play on a bloke 9 cms taller than him and still did ok. Anyone with a brain wouldve put him on O'Keefe.... :rolleyes:

Positives: Robbie Campbell busted a gut playing against Barry Hall. Jordan Lewis gave possibly his best performance for the club. Box Hill won with Josh Thurgood and Johnny Barker playing a full game each - both will be seriously considered for next week. Grant Birchall and Ben Kane getting some game time.

Negatives: Too many to list. We were a rabble for the first quarter and gave it up. Absolutely no structure and no game plan. Franklin was taught a football lesson by Goodes. I hope that he learns from it. Those who think that Campbell Brown played a good game should note that Davis kicked 4 goals on him and Brown was moved to the forward line in the last quarter to stem the bleeding. Hodge took a big dose of the angry pills and didn't direct his energies towards the footy. Guerra - we were told by supporters of Port and the Saints that he would open up his season with some good games, then fade away. They seem to be correct. Clarkson's baffling persistance with playing Williams in the midfield when he is clearly a forward. General shocking disposal skills. Inability of our "leaders" to stand up and take charge when it's needed (Smith, Jacobs, et al). Too many downhill skiers.

Taking a deep breath and hoping that this is just a blip in the long-term plan, but if Jeff thought we were poor in the last couple of weeks, I wonder what he thought of tonight's game?

Do you think spida is playing to be in or out?

I reckon he is shoncking us and he and 'they' know it.

This craps. We can't win this year.

He wants out. er. no doubt. we are grouse.

I knew this before but just hoped it wouldn't happen.

Some people just crap on long enough to make you believe it. ... Nah.

Jeff is going to have some fun with the media this week for sure.
I don't think he will.

In my eyes and from what I have been told by close (outside the media) sources. He intended to use the 'spray' akin to a 'Political spray,' in my eyes I can't see why it will be needed again. The players didn't give up the ghost, just had a 'bad hair day'

As far as I'm concerned Jeff is a fully fledged Hawk (he has been on the membership roll for many many years) there is a terrible perception which selected posters insist on using which has not been proven.

Perhaps the media will have some fun with Jeff. Surely the point will be made that Jeff gave a public spray to the players but they came out and got thrashed by the best part of 11 goals.

Hawkk said:
Robbie Campbell played well.

Instead of Dawson, he should be our mainstream FB.
Weeks back some of us here on BF were touting Robbie for the fullback job before Zac got it. Could have cut down the season's goals-against tally down considerably.

Remove this Banner Ad

Where to from here?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back