Where will Brennan end up?

Remove this Banner Ad

Gold Coast for sure- more money and have a chance to win premiership before his retiring age. Would be mad not to go for them. Don't know what everyone sees in him though.

No You Fail.. Carlton are offering its 1st pick(18) and Andrew walker to Adelaide for there 1st round pick(14). Carlton are then going to On Trade that 1st round pick (14) to Brisbane in exchange for Jarred Brennan..

Just put 'The Panther' on your ignore list. It makes BF a much more enjoyable place.

The Age is reporting that the currently mooted deal is Brennan and Pick 10 for Pick 5 and 20.

Can't help but feel Brisbane are being shafted there.

Assuming Gaff goes at 4, is there really much of a difference between 5 and 10 in this draft. If not, all we are essentially getting is Pick 20 for Brennan. Pretty low for a player they rate as being worth 2.4million over 4 years.

The Age is reporting that the currently mooted deal is Brennan and Pick 10 for Pick 5 and 20.

Assuming Gaff goes at 4, is there really much of a difference between 5 and 10 in this draft. If not, all we are essentially getting is Pick 20 for Brennan. Pretty low for a player they rate as being worth 2.4million over 4 years.

Who will give you a better deal ?

Seems a reasonable deal considering all the circumstances.

For someone who didn't finish in the top 10 B&F this year, Pick 20 and an upgrade from 10 to 5 doesn't seem too unreasonable.

For someone who didn't finish in the top 10 B&F this year, Pick 20 and an upgrade from 10 to 5 doesn't seem too unreasonable.

He missed 4 games which didn't help, but yeah fair point.

Would rather pick 13 straight up though. Still reckon that is feasable if Brisbane don't blink too soon.

He missed 4 games which didn't help, but yeah fair point.

Would rather pick 13 straight up though. Still reckon that is feasable if Brisbane don't blink too soon.

But it gives you two picks in the first round.

One at the start and one about three quarter way - as opposed to one just before half way and one at half way.

You need to determine what is better.

I think Kerr will need to work out what draft targets they could land with pick 20...it may work if Watson or similiar could slide.

I recon we should do if so we can get either Gaff or Heppell

I think if you get pick 5 out of GC, even if it costs you pick 10 as well, you're doing well. Not necessarily because I don't think Brennan is worth more, but because GC really do hold all the cards here.

Brennan can't go to the PSD, but GC can probably offer him enough that he could go to the normal draft with a big enough price on his head that no one else could pick him up regardless of pick used.

Brennan can't go to the PSD, but GC can probably offer him enough that he could go to the normal draft with a big enough price on his head that no one else could pick him up regardless of pick used.

My understanding is that they can't pick up two uncontracted players from the one club even through the draft. So they need to trade if they want him.

Edit: upon a little firther investigation they can draft him through the ND, but it would be a bit of a risk.

Carlton still keen.

They need pick #14 from the crows to then trade on.

I head that GC offered pick#15 which you have rejected?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm tipping GC.

Hopefully Brisbane get a really high pick like #5 or something out of this. I'd like to see Brisbane get 2 first rounders out of this but I'd doubt we would without trading Pick #10

I'm tipping:
Brennan + Pick #10 + #31 > Gold Coast
Pick #5 + Pick #15 + #44 > Brisbane

I'm tipping GC.

Hopefully Brisbane get a really high pick like #5 or something out of this. I'd like to see Brisbane get 2 first rounders out of this but I'd doubt we would.

I'm tipping:
Brennan > Gold Coast
Pick #5 + Pick #27 > Brisbane

Not a chance we will ger that much. Won't get pick 5 straight up let alone pick 27 as well.

I'm tipping GC.

Hopefully Brisbane get a really high pick like #5 or something out of this. I'd like to see Brisbane get 2 first rounders out of this but I'd doubt we would.

I'm tipping:
Brennan > Gold Coast
Pick #5 + Pick #27 > Brisbane
A little optimistic there. Brennan isn't worth pick 5 on its own, let alone 5 + 27. Pick 9 on its own is more likely.

A little optimistic there. Brennan isn't worth pick 5 on its own, let alone 5 + 27. Pick 9 on its own is more likely.

yeah I hit the submit relpy button by mistake and then my Internet slowed up so I couldn't fix it right away. What I want is up there now.
Because let's be honest there is no way IN HELL that would get through lol

What I think I actually:

Does favour Brizzy a little but GC will want him

We've said from the outset that the high draft picks will want to be kept for the youth, and not traded away. I'd be happy with trading away something like 11 or 13, but not as early as 5.

yeah I hit the submit relpy button by mistake and then my Internet slowed up so I couldn't fix it right away. What I want is up there now.
Because let's be honest there is no way IN HELL that would get through lol

What I think I actually:

Does favour Brizzy a little but GC will want him
You've got to realise champ, the big difference between Pick #5 and Pick #10...

Last year is too early to call at the moment... but,

Pick #5- Michael Hurley
Pick #10- Phil Davis

Pick #5- Jarrad Grant
Pick #10- Patrick Dangerfield

Pick #5- Travis Boak
Pick #10- Nathan Brown (Collingwood)

2005-
Pick #5- Scott Pendlebury
Pick #10- Marcus Drum

2004-
Pick #5- Lance Franklin
Pick #10- Chris Egan

2003-
Pick #5- Brock McLean
Pick #10- Ryley Dunn

2002-
Pick #5- Jarrad McVeigh
Pick #10- Jason Laycock

All the Pick #5's here I'd rather have in my team than their respective Pick #10.

I think the main sticking point for us that with the Sherman trade and our compo pick from Riska, we already have a few picks in to 20-30 range. We could end up with 28 or so for Sherman, 29 or so from Riska, then we have our next pick at 31 or something. So i think many of us would rather have our pick 10, plus a pick 13, rather than a 5 and pick 20. We have plent of picks at the end of the first round, another around pick 10 would be the best option.

I'd push for pick 11, but settle for 13.

You've got to realise champ, the big difference between Pick #5 and Pick #10...

Last year is too early to call at the moment... but,

Pick #5- Michael Hurley
Pick #10- Phil Davis

Pick #5- Jarrad Grant
Pick #10- Patrick Dangerfield

Pick #5- Travis Boak
Pick #10- Nathan Brown (Collingwood)

2005-
Pick #5- Scott Pendlebury
Pick #10- Marcus Drum

2004-
Pick #5- Lance Franklin
Pick #10- Chris Egan

2003-
Pick #5- Brock McLean
Pick #10- Ryley Dunn

2002-
Pick #5- Jarrad McVeigh
Pick #10- Jason Laycock

All the Pick #5's here I'd rather have in my team than their respective Pick #10.

Yeah I realise. But what I'm saying is it will get late in the week and GC would rather want something rather nothing. And he would surely be snapped up in the draft before GC because GC are using all their first rounders that they haven't traded for young players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Where will Brennan end up?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back