Preview Where will we end up?

When will the Pies be knocked out of the finals?

• EF: vs Port Adelaide

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • SF vs Fremantle / Geelong

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • PF vs Hawthorn / Sydney

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • GF vs Sydney / Hawthorn / Geelong / Fremantle

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • We will win the grand final.

Votes: 21 31.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the most open finals series I can remember. We have the right mix of experience and fearless youth. It always takes a fair slice of luck, but if we get it anything could happen.

There are 2 games that stand out in my mind as the best evidence that on the day or night, anything can happen in footy - the 2002 GF, and the 2007 prelim. Both times we ran into champion teams, each with claims to being the greatest of the modern era, and our inferior units came oh so close to the biggest of upsets. Had tarrant been paid the free he should have when assaulted in a marking contest by daryl white close to goal late in that 2002 GF we would have been celebrating the unlikeliest flag win of all time, but don't get me started on that....bottom line, if we play the hawks in a prelim, which is a a huge chance to occur, yes they have the wood on us but that also creates pressure on them in a cut throat final. It was enough to almost strangle the all conquering cats in 2007, and i am supremely confident that if we get to a prelim v the hawks we will absolutely shake the life out of it

two of my favourite games not because of the result but because of the way we fought it out against teams that were superior to us. And they weren't taking it easy either but we showed the character and grit that I love about Collingwood.

We always do well when no-one gives us a chance. Its the games where we are favourites (like against Port) that worry me.

I don't see any reason we can't go all the way. Reading Pendles write up in the Herald got me thinking quite deeply about this and I think we have the tools to do it.

I got a promotion today and won $25 on a scratchie, this would be the icing on the cake!

I don't see any reason we can't go all the way. Reading Pendles write up in the Herald got me thinking quite deeply about this and I think we have the tools to do it.

I got a promotion today and won $25 on a scratchie, this would be the icing on the cake!

congrats on the promotion GE.
Agree that there is nothing to stop us except ourselves (and injuries)

i deadset reckon we'll win tomorrow, and beat freo away, then play hawks in the prelim and put in a really good effort for that game, what happens from there is anyone's guess

I agree. Before tonight I thought we'd be an ok chance against Hawthorn IF we made it to a PF. But watching the way they sliced Sydney was scary. Still, I give ourselves a better chance than Freo. (Assuming of course all the favourites win this weekend)

I agree. Before tonight I thought we'd be an ok chance against Hawthorn IF we made it to a PF. But watching the way they sliced Sydney was scary. Still, I give ourselves a better chance than Freo. (Assuming of course all the favourites win this weekend)

Geelong are the only team that can stop the Hawks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we were to play Hawthorn in the prelim, if we played our best and they played their worst (in terms of performance in 2013) we would still lose. :(

Spoken like a true Newcastle supporter.

Well good news
All our games at MCG no travel for us

However, to make the grand final

We need to beat Port then 2013 no 1 and two hawks and Geelong to make the grand final

GO PIES!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Where will we end up?

Back