Which AFL Players Went To Your School?

Remove this Banner Ad

My high school no longer exists, but we had the McAdam brothers, Josh Mail and a few who played SANFL. (most of the team played underage for sanfl clubs or div1 amatuers) Most of us guys were from the wrong side of the fence and although many could have played from a skill perspective, keeping out of trouble was not my schools/students, forte. Discipline I think you might call it and serious issues on the home/family front, drugs, violence all those things. We had a ripper school team but we got into to many fights and just couldn't match the PAC and so on private schools in finals for endurance due to extracurricular activities and that discipline thing. I remember running off for a *** and a cone behind the shed with quite a few of the guys during 1/2 time and stuff. That was the late 80s though.

Leigh Montagna
Steven Silvagni
Gavin Brown
Paul Dimattina
David Zaharakis
Luke Shuey

All I can remember off the top of my head. Anyone else recall any other Marcellin players? (may have missed it in previous pages)

Dunno if it's already been mentioned but Finley High.

Shane Crawford
Bill Brownless
Bernard Toohey
David Murphy
Leon Higgins

The last 4 were all there in my time.

Troy Makepeace went to my school in Churchill, I played cricket with Dan McKenna (played for the Cats in a night premiership in 2009??), coached cricket against Brendan Goddard and Andrew McQualter. Also played cricket with Brent Connelly (rookie listed at Freo a few years ago)

Troy was a great guy, as is Dan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New Town High (Tas) - went to school with Jimmy Webster (St.K). I've umpired Colin Garland in a game of cricket, too (he took 2/20, and rain ended the match before he could bat).

Go De La
Top this lot: -
Plenty more including from my year Robbie Walker (1 game Tiges) and Brett Mahoney (was awarded KB's 29 for the Tiges but only played two games).

Perth's PSA:

Aquinas
Daniel Kerr
Quentin Lynch
C. Johnson
Peter Bell
Nat Fyfe
Paul Duffield
Ben Allen
Justin Langer
Brad Hogg

Christchurch
Chris Lewis
Tony Evans
Luke McPharlin
Tom Swift
Ryan Turnbull
Andrew Browne (ex Freo)
John Annear
Stuart MacGill
Ric Charlesworth

Guildford
Simon Beasley
Karl Langdon
Heath Ledger

Hale
MichaelGardiner
The Mortons

Scotch
Ross Glendinning
Rob Wiley
Ashley McIntosh
Drew Banfield
Mark Seaby
Mal Brown
Tom Ledger (St Kilda)
Mark Gale
Rowan Jones
Alistair Nicholson
Jimmy Clement
Peter Mann
Daniel Metropolis
Mark Brayshaw
James Brayshaw

Trinity
Andrew Embley
Ash Sampi
Alex Fasolo
Sharrod Wellingham
Josh Hill
The Brennans
Mitch Duncan
Kane Lucas

Wesley
Ben Cousins
Michael Gardiner
Buddy Franklin
David Myers
Brad Sheppard
Mark Coughlan
Ali Smith
Jarrad Schofield
Phil Read
Scott Stevens
Andrew McDougall
Scott Spalding
Earl Spalding

There would be plenty more. If anyone wants me to add more in let me know. Wesley and Scotch in the lead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Which AFL Players Went To Your School?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back