Which list would you choose to take forward

Remove this Banner Ad

None of the 4 mentioned. They are all in the worst side of a rebuilding stage and half of their lists need to be turned over yet. I would put the roos into that catagory also. But if I had to choose just one I think Richmond is the most likely to have the least amount of work and you can build a decent side around Martin.

I like the Dees. They will be a powerhouse side. Maybe they are still just one draft away but you can sense they are going forward.

Eagles , have a better history of rebounding after a poor year. There list definately needs a tweek or two but pick No4 and a priority plus a couple of trades and they also have a better spread of Mids who have game time.

You could add Essendon to that list. All 5 clubs are absolute rabbles. Crows aren't much better.

Out of the teams you listed I like West Coasts forward line.

Ports list need a fair bit of work but we have a good foundation to build on if we can just get guys on the park. We need to get Hartlett, Gray and Krakour (if he stays) playing more games and we need to get first round draft picks Butcher, Pittard, Lobbe and even Moore (who is playing atm) into the 22.

Port have a lot of young players who should be hitting their peak soon so I will be biased and go for Port.

I'd take West Coast everyday of the week.

Have the most promising kids on their list then any of the others.

With Sheppard, Masten. Shuey, Swift, Naitanui, S Selwood, Ebert, Stevens, Smith and Weedon it looks very promising for them down the track.

With Sheppard, Masten. Shuey, Swift, Naitanui, S Selwood, Ebert, Stevens, Smith and Weedon it looks very promising for them down the track.

Ebert has the worst footskills in the league.

Selwood isn't much better.

Not so sure about Masten and Swift. Some of those others would have to improve dramatically too (but may do so over time). Shuey and Sheppard no problem, they look the goods.

Essendon are bottom four so they should be included in the comparison.

Standout young players for each club...

Port: Trengove, Boak, Hartlett

Trengove is a gun, if he was playing for a high profile club the media would be all over him. I rate him as the best tall defender out of all these clubs. Boak is another potential a-grader if he isn't there already and Hartlett has alot of potential.

Essendon: Hurley, Gumbleton, Melksham

Hurley is a very good kid but I have my doubts that he'll be an A grader or get to the heights of Trengove, Gumbleton will get there though if he can get over his injuries. Melksham is pure class.
Pears is also very good and deserves a mention.

Brisbane: Rich, Rockliff, Leuenberger

Rich and Rockliff are gems while Leuenberger is coming along well for a young ruck. Overall though there are question marks over their recent trading which have hurt.

Richmond: Cotchin, Martin, Reiwoldt

All three would get a game at any other club, can't ask for much better than that. I may be a bit biased with these guys, I love watching them play and rate them as the standout talents from these clubs. They're a trio that you could definitely build a team around.

Eagles: Kennedy, Naitanui, Shuey

Kennedy had a slow start but he's now showing his value, although he really needs to address his twinkle toes run up. NicNat is the best young ruckman I've seen and will only get better and Shuey will very quickly overtake their other young midfielders like Masten and Swift.

Overall I'd take the tiges but as I said I'm biased cause I love those three blokes.
Essendon has some very good tall players and need just a little luck to take the next step, probably throw in Port as well at this spot.
The Eagles are a worry, they should have been challenging for finals this year but Brisbane are probably in the worse position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats a tough one! Probably yours by a nose. But they all obviously need alot of work.

Reiwoldt will be a superstar, Martin, Astbury, Browne and Rance will be very good. Cotchin and Deledio are already very good and I love your sub 180cm speedsters. FWIW I think potentially you've got the best coach too.

If we include Essendon then I'd take them, again just by a nose. But they need plenty of changes too!

Hurley, Pears, Hooker and Melksham look the goods to me. Jetta, Colyer and maybe Gumbleton will turn out good players. Ryder and Watson are obviously already there. A better coach would improve that list straight up IMO.

Richmond
Port
Brisbane
West Coast

Despite being thrashed by the Pies & Blues recently, I still think their list has the best potential of the 4 teams. Port look to have a half decent spine but probably need a couple of midfield guns. Not sure on the last 2 teams.

depends where we are going foward to

Not Port - we nearly beat them with half a team and a few kids

Brisbane are all about to retire

Richmond are tracking ok but have a layer of experienced players that are getting old and were never great.

hell we have a chance - we only have unproven kids

Remove this Banner Ad

Which list would you choose to take forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Back