• Geelong

Votes: 99 39.8%
  • Richmond

Votes: 61 24.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

For what?
Now I'd take Geelong.
Might be able to squeeze another premiership in the next 1-2 years.
But Richmond and Geelong are ready for the cliff (When was the last time we DIDNT say that re: Geelong)
Carlton may have a terribly built list (Top end is amazing and overpaid, but they have ALOT of list cloggers running around) But that might actually be the base to build a premiership team in 5-10 years. Though, big might.

You don't see the irony of a supporter of a club making a quip that another club can't grow their own players when their own club's entire first choice midfield/ruck and key forward are imports? Well it's been spelled out for you now.
Well I guess the difference is we drafted our goat . Drafted cotchin rance . Yea lynch was a free agent who took infers to come to us , but nankervis made his name at Richmond

Your team are full of old washed up mercenaries ,

Continually picking up old players like

Isaac smith
Dalhaus
Higgins
Rohan

Ect

Means that you have basically no a grade players under 30 years old , not even b grade really

The cliff has arrived at Geelong and it’s gunna be a death dive

Not gunna lie . It’s gunna fun watching you all squirm

Well I guess the difference is we drafted our goat . Drafted cotchin rance . Yea lynch was a free agent who took infers to come to us , but nankervis made his name at Richmond

Your team are full of old washed up mercenaries ,

Continually picking up old players like

Isaac smith
Dalhaus
Higgins
Rohan

Ect

Means that you have basically no a grade players under 30 years old , not even b grade really

The cliff has arrived at Geelong and it’s gunna be a death dive

Not gunna lie . It’s gunna fun watching you all squirm
Same cliff that your mob fell off or different one? When was the last time Richmond won a final at the Mighty MCG, the Home of Football? Feels like it's been a while. Meanwhile we just won the premiership a little over 6 months ago after all and sundry were telling us we were cooked and free-falling. As it stands we're the most successful club this century, so a little dip here and there isn't the end of the world.

4d2416I8.jpg

Blues have a few nice kids coming through and obviously the stars of Curnow Weitering Cripps etc. Think we'll be hitting the draft quite hard the next few years which, with those picks, will determine how well we are set up for success. Tigers and Cats more likely short term but can't see either hitting the draft hard the next couple of years and regenerating.

Track history says Blues will butcher half the picks and end up right back where we always do. The s*** can.

The age demographic of our list is why I think ours is healthier than both geelongs and Carlton…
Although it looks old it’s actually well placed to retire out 2-3 players each year… thus allowing the ability to open up space to pay more to up and coming players or trade in players.
Last year we identified that we need to replace elite mids in the next few years.. thus hopper and Taranto come in.
But the year before we went hard in the draft… Gibcus, Brown, Banks,Clarke and Sonsie all have the potential to be quality best 22 players…
In Blair we trust … no cliff for Tigers… just the occasional speed hump.

Carlton for me

I think Geelong are a while off really challenging again and Richmond are going to be stuck in the middle of the table for a while

Carlton have the most upside in my opinion.

I think Richmond & Geelong are in a transitional period. will be middle of the road sides for the next couple of years.

Carlton should be a lot more advanced list wise but aren't showing it on-field.

I'm both massively respecting what Richmond are doing and wondering what their plan is. They're now playing pretty good footy but still need to win 6 of the last 9 to make finals with a tough run (still play Brisbane and Port away as well as Melbourne) and then 4 finals in a row to win the flag. It would be the greatest mid season turnaround in AFL history.

I thought surely they'd take this time to gradually blood a few more youngsters but they've stuck to their guns with the mature team.

For example Sonsie and Banks have played a lot of VFL this year. Sonsie showed a bit when I saw him last year. Are they really worse options than McIntosh right now who was fumbling everything on Saturday even in the dry?

Geelong have 13 players on their list that are currently 30 or over

All of them are in their best team, and all of them have their best footy behind them

Stanley
Tuohy
Cameron
Smith
Ceglar
Duncan
Rohan
Hawkins
Menegola
Danger
Stewart
Blicavs

Of the rest , there are maybe 12 players that have shown that they are good enough to play afl,

Kolo
Holmes
Stengle
Bews
Henry
Close
De Koning
MIers
Parfitt
Esava
OÇonnor

5 more that are borderline,

Bowes
Atkins
Henry
Simpson
Bruhn

the rest are a ?

They are last on the list of teams you would want to inherit the list

Richmond of the 30+ 7, take Tarrant as retired, so thats about half of Geelong

Grimes
Prestia
Martin
Tarrant
Jack
Lynch
Pickett

Players that have proven they are AFL players 14

Flossy
Baker
Dan Rioli
Taranto
Short
Soldo
Balta
Hopper
Nank
Bolton
Ryan
McIntosh
Graham
Broad

?

Gibcus
Clarke
Ross
Cumberland
MRJ
Mansell
Miller
Young

Compare the talent in the middle and bottom group, of both clubs the cats a cooked, its allready over

All of them are in their best team, and all of them have their best footy behind them

Stanley
Tuohy
Cameron
Smith
Ceglar
Duncan
Rohan
Hawkins
Menegola
Danger
Stewart
Blicavs

Of the rest , there are maybe 12 players that have shown that they are good enough to play afl,

Kolo
Holmes
Stengle
Bews
Henry
Close
De Koning
MIers
Parfitt
Esava
OÇonnor

Bowes
Atkins
Henry
Simpson
Bruhn

the rest are a ?

Grimes
Prestia
Martin
Tarrant
Jack
Lynch
Pickett

Flossy
Baker
Dan Rioli
Taranto
Short
Soldo
Balta
Hopper
Nank
Bolton
Ryan
McIntosh
Graham
Broad

?

Gibcus
Clarke
Ross
Cumberland
MRJ
Mansell
Miller
Young

Compare the talent in the middle and bottom group, of both clubs the cats a cooked, its allready over
Ah yes, this takes me back to the end of 2021 when the intelligent scribes of BigFooty.com almost unanimously agreed that Geelong's list was in the most trouble. Fast forward about eight months and we broke through for our fourth premiership since 2007, solidifying us as the most successful team this century. So with all due respect you've got to put yourself in our shoes when you see such a hackneyed analysis and how laughable they can be.

Now here's my analysis, as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.

LOL.png

590aaf061d11cda82d4fb50750dad924.jpg

49RfAsdx.jpg

Stanley
Tuohy
Cameron
Smith
Ceglar
Duncan
Rohan
Hawkins
Menegola
Danger
Stewart
Blicavs

Kolo
Holmes
Stengle
Bews
Henry
Close
De Koning
MIers
Parfitt
Esava
OÇonnor

Bowes
Atkins
Henry
Simpson
Bruhn

the rest are a ?

Grimes
Prestia
Martin
Tarrant
Jack
Lynch
Pickett

Flossy
Baker
Dan Rioli
Taranto
Short
Soldo
Balta
Hopper
Nank
Bolton
Ryan
McIntosh
Graham
Broad

?

Gibcus
Clarke
Ross
Cumberland
MRJ
Mansell
Miller
Young

Ceglar is a fill in for Stanley and Menegola hasn't been best 22 since 2021. So it's 11 players.

Is there a reason you excluded Cotchin? Also Vlastuin will be 30 start of next season and Broad already is, therefore it's 9 Vs 11.

For us 2 may retire this season, 4 at the end of 2024 and the other 5 in subsequent years.

3 free agency periods with the spare cash, while recent acquisitions develop.

The pictures aren't that different, dependent on what we do FA wise end of year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tigers.

Ryan looks a good young ruck
Taranto, Hopper, Bolton, Prestia midfield is a great core with lots of time on their side.
Im a fan of their spine too.
Balta - Gibcus - Ryan - Miller - Lynch

Key forward is a need. Lynch isn't young, and Miller isn't a star, but a good 2nd KPF nonetheless.
the rest is really about recruiting in the easy to fill positions

Tigers.

Taranto, Hopper, Bolton, Prestia midfield is a great core with lots of time on their side.

Key forward is a need. Lynch isn't young, and Miller isn't a star, but a good 2nd KPF nonetheless.

Prestia is 30 and has been very prone to soft tissue injuries throughout his career.

Taranto, Hopper and Bolton is a good trio though

I'm both massively respecting what Richmond are doing and wondering what their plan is. They're now playing pretty good footy but still need to win 6 of the last 9 to make finals with a tough run (still play Brisbane and Port away as well as Melbourne) and then 4 finals in a row to win the flag. It would be the greatest mid season turnaround in AFL history.

I thought surely they'd take this time to gradually blood a few more youngsters but they've stuck to their guns with the mature team.

For example Sonsie and Banks have played a lot of VFL this year. Sonsie showed a bit when I saw him last year. Are they really worse options than McIntosh right now who was fumbling everything on Saturday even in the dry?
good post, but our 2014 turnaround was the greatest in AFL history. From 3:10, to scraping in for finals. Swans also had a nice turnaround in 2017 and were one of the premiership favourites before surprisingly going down to the cats in the semi.

Meanwhile we just won the premiership a little over 6 months ago after all and sundry were telling us we were cooked and free-falling.
Who said you were "cooked and free falling"?

I found it telling when all and sundry were saying Richmond were cooked and free falling, but Chris Scott still felt compelled to tell everyone he found the way to beat Richmond 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 and the delusional fool seems to have convinced himself he figured it out on his own 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You were cooked after 2020 as far as Richmond was concerned, but the stand rule did give you guys a new lease of life. The supporters of 16 other clubs never thought you were cooked, and I don't get why Geelong FC and it's supporters are making that up?

If anyone thought Geelong was "cooked and in free fall" and then they win a flag in '22, those people would marvel at what Geelong did in '22 correct? I didn't marvel at what Geelong did.

2022 was special needs outfit winning a flag in my honest opinion 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

It's the Geelong way, always needing a leg up, like you got when you won '07, '09 & '11. Did the fair play AFL not know that Geelong were gonna assemble a good list on the back of a father son rule that was changed once said list was assembled? Why not change it before?

Geelong is special, but not in the way Geelong supporters think 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ah yes, this takes me back to the end of 2021 when the intelligent scribes of BigFooty.com almost unanimously agreed that Geelong's list was in the most trouble. Fast forward about eight months and we broke through for our fourth premiership since 2007, solidifying us as the most successful team this century. So with all due respect you've got to put yourself in our shoes when you see such a hackneyed analysis and how laughable they can be.

Now here's my analysis, as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.

View attachment 1716504
Isn't this photo basically saying everything that needs to be said? Do you think there is another 5-8 years of good footy in the above?

Taking the piss of themselves for being too old. They surely realize they will be too old at some point soon and this was a flag snatched from father time?

I found it telling when all and sundry were saying Richmond were cooked and free falling, but Chris Scott still felt compelled to tell everyone he found the way to beat Richmond 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 and the delusional fool seems to have convinced himself he figured it out on his own 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You were cooked after 2020 as far as Richmond was concerned, but the stand rule did give you guys a new lease of life. The supporters of 16 other clubs never thought you were cooked, and I don't get why Geelong FC and it's supporters are making that up?

If anyone thought Geelong was "cooked and in free fall" and then they win a flag in '22, those people would marvel at what Geelong did in '22 correct? I didn't marvel at what Geelong did.

It's the Geelong way, always needing a leg up, like you got when you won '07, '09 & '11. Did the fair play AFL not know that Geelong were gonna assemble a good list on the back of a father son rule that was changed once said list was assembled? Why not change it before?

Sticking it to those that said Geelong was "cooked and free falling," but wasn't Richmond, so who was it?

We knew you were a good ordinary side, but we were a f****** great side, and still would be if we didn't have to figure out a way to fix what wasn't broke 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
1f923.png
1f923.png
1f923.png
1f923.png
1f923.png
1f923.png
1f923.png
1f923.png
1f923.png
1f923.png
1f923.png
1f923.png
1f923.png
1f923.png

But Scott was compelled to say he figured out the way to beat cooked and free falling Richmond, why do you Geelong supporters think that is?

But Scott was compelled to say he figured out the way to beat cooked and free falling Richmond, why do you Geelong supporters think that is?
Why did Hardwick name drop Geelong during Richmond's 2022 BnF night after they lost to Brisbane of all teams in a cutthroat final while Geelong went on to win the premiership, their fourth since 2007 and becoming the most successful club this century? Why do you think that is?

PS I know on your 20 other banned accounts you have a tendency to smack that report button, but we're being civil here so please don't do that now.

Why did Hardwick name drop Geelong during Richmond's 2022 BnF night after they lost to Brisbane of all teams in a cutthroat final while Geelong went on to win the premiership, their fourth since 2007 and becoming the most successful club this century? Why do you think that is?
Because he more than likely believes you guys were not a f****** great side but more a side that recieved a leg up from the AFL and he would've loved another crack at Geelong with their new rules in play, also, he probably wanted to let the supporters know we could've been close but for the GABBA screw job.

Your turn,

What's the big deal in figuring out how to beat a cooked and free falling team? Should we all marvel at what HE figured out 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
PS I know on your 20 other banned accounts you have a tendency to smack that report button, but we're being civil here so please don't do that now.
I don't touch the report button guy 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Because he more than likely believes you guys were not a f****** great side but more a side that recieved a leg up from the AFL and he would've loved another crack at Geelong with their new rules in play, also, he probably wanted to let the supporters know we could've been close but for the GABBA screw job.

Your turn,

What's the big deal in figuring out how to beat a cooked and free falling team? Should we all marvel at what HE figured out 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I don't touch the report button guy 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
1f923.png
1f923.png
1f923.png
1f923.png
1f923.png
1f923.png
1f923.png
1f923.png
1f923.png
1f923.png
1f923.png
1f923.png
1f923.png
1f923.png

Tigers.

Kpf is the biggest need no doubt

This is the area we need for sure .

what about Dank and the weapon at Geelong in those glory years

Why do cats fans always freak out about that whenever it gets brought up

Remove this Banner Ad

Which list would you want? Richmond, Carlton, Geelong

Back