• Carlton

Votes: 89 35.7%
  • Geelong

Votes: 99 39.8%
  • Richmond

Votes: 61 24.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn’t swap Richmond’s list with Carlton or Geelong .

Geelong are falling off a cliff, there best players are in their mid 30s

Carlton are perennial disappointments

Richmond’s best players this year are

Taranto, balta, Bolton, baker, rioli All young and still improving

Still heaps of premiership players with plenty of football still in them , flossy, nank, prestia, grimes, broad, graham short

Young players with potential, Ross, Clarke sonsie Ryan, mrj, Miller , ralphsmith

Then of course you have the goat who has had a terrific season and is only getting better through the year

Cotch Riewoldt won’t limp to the line either , hopper is a class act

Gibcus the best it out young talla, lynch the best kpf in the league

Lots to like ,
Coach looks like he will be given the job full time as well.

Last edited:

David Attenborough Wildlife GIF by BBC Earth

I wouldn’t swap Richmond’s list with Carlton or Geelong .

Geelong are falling off a cliff, there best players are in their mid 30s

Carlton are perennial disappointments

Richmond’s best players this year are

Taranto, balta, Bolton, baker, rioli All young and still improving

Still heaps of premiership players with plenty of football still in them , flossy, nank, prestia, grimes, broad, graham.

Young players with potential, Ross, Clarke sonsie Ryan, mrj, Miller , ralphsmith

Then of course you have the goat who has had a terrific season and is only getting better through the year

Cotch Riewoldt won’t limp to the line either , hopper is a class act

Gibcus the best it out young talla, lynch the best kpf in the league

Lots to like ,
Coach looks like he will be given the job full time as well.

To be fair, Geelong has some very good young players, they're not being afforded the responsibility due to necessity.

De Koning, Holmes, Miers are all exceptionally good players. Throw in Henry and Dempsey as proven AFL standard and the youth is reasonable as well.

Obviously the record of the Tigers youngsters is more as the roles given are much more profound but I won't discount the talent they also hold. Time will tell

No one is Martin … that’s why he is the GOAT.
Hopefully we get Hopper back after the bye to compliment the midfield more.

With both Brown and banks in the VFL over thier injuries and staring I’m happy with where our list is at.
Our 2021 draft looks like setting us up long term and only one played last night.

Brown
Banks
Gibcus
Clarke
Sonsie.
Midfield balance has seemed better minus Hopper. Taranto has lifted another gear, Bolton is electric, Martin more of a pure midfielder and Short doing well.

Hopper is good depth.

Midfield has functioned better without him. Taranto, Bolton, Short and even Cotchin and Martin better performers than Hopper this season.
I’m sure we can find a spot for Jacob Hopper …. And he’ll compliment Taranto, Martin, Bolton, Cochin, Graham …
Short is playing off half back since Master Mini took over.
Your recollection of Hoppers start to season is non existent …
Our midfield is performing better after Dimma Left … Hopper will only improve us… he is a gun inside mid that can get the ball out to our runners. He is a great decision maker.

To be fair, Geelong has some very good young players, they're not being afforded the responsibility due to necessity.

De Koning, Holmes, Miers are all exceptionally good players. Throw in Henry and Dempsey as proven AFL standard and the youth is reasonable as well.

Obviously the record of the Tigers youngsters is more as the roles given are much more profound but I won't discount the talent they also hold. Time will tell
Look I know you are a Richmond hater, but I can’t cop that

de koning miers and Holmes Dempsey Henry are not in the class of Bolton balta rioli who are all all Australian quality footballers , and with Bolton especially he may very well be a top 10 player in the afl

None of those blokes are even close

I’m sure we can find a spot for Jacob Hopper …. And he’ll compliment Taranto, Martin, Bolton, Cochin, Graham …
Short is playing off half back since Master Mini took over.
Your recollection of Hoppers start to season is non existent …
Our midfield is performing better after Dimma Left … Hopper will only improve us… he is a gun inside mid that can get the ball out to our runners. He is a great decision maker.
10 coaches votes: polling in 2 games out of 8, averaging 19 disposals compared to 26 last year, then missing 6 games so far. Overall strikes me as not having proven to be a big contributor yet. That may change, I'm just going off the evidence so far. Put it this way, I'd rather a time machine for Cotchin, Prestia or Martin rather than whatever Hoppers ceiling is.

de koning miers and Holmes Dempsey Henry are not in the class of Bolton balta rioli who are all all Australian quality footballers , and with Bolton especially he may very well be a top 10 player in the afl

you'd think with all these all australian quality players Richmond would be a better team. A team of champions rather than a champion team is it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

10 coaches votes: polling in 2 games out of 8, averaging 19 disposals compared to 26 last year, then missing 6 games so far. Overall strikes me as not having proven to be a big contributor yet. That may change, I'm just going off the evidence so far. Put it this way, I'd rather a time machine for Cotchin, Prestia or Martin rather than whatever Hoppers ceiling is.

Sounds like you are salty because your club, who can’t grow their own, threw everything at him and he still chose us 😂..

Your first choice midfield at a time could be Nankervis(Sydney), Prestia(Gold Coast), Tarranto(GWS), Hopper(GWS) with Tom Lynch(GCS) your no.1 forward. Was this a deliberate set-up, or are you really this dense?

Dangerfield, Henry, touhy, Cameron, stengle, Stanley, Ceglar, Smith, Kolodjashnij, Rohan, Bruan, Bowes..etc… good recruiting but half your side is from other clubs..

Dangerfield, Henry, touhy, Cameron, stengle, Stanley, Ceglar, Smith, Kolodjashnij, Rohan, Bruan, Bowes..etc… good recruiting but half your side is from other clubs..
Never said it wasn't, but you've got to see the hilarious irony in your original post, surely? Also one of those is wrong, but I'll let you work that out yourself.

Never said it wasn't, but you've got to see the hilarious irony in your original post, surely? Also one of those is wrong, but I'll let you work that out yourself.

Woops I thought you brought in Kolodjashnij …

I don’t get the irony .. our recruits make up a small percentage of our side compared to Geelong, and your tried to get Hopper to add to that.
It’s smart recruiting and most sides are jealous of your ability to attract free agents and trade targets …

Woops I thought you brought in Kolodjashnij …

I don’t get the irony .. our recruits make up a small percentage of our side compared to Geelong, and your tried to get Hopper to add to that.
It’s smart recruiting and most sides are jealous of your ability to attract free agents and trade targets …
You don't see the irony of a supporter of a club making a quip that another club can't grow their own players when their own club's entire first choice midfield/ruck and key forward are imports? Well it's been spelled out for you now.

not a Richmond hater, just the supporters who have gone into hiding after the last flag ;)

I will agree the Tigers kids are a fair way ahead of the others. Most would take the aforementioned kids ahead of the Cats let alone the Blues

Sounds like you are salty because your club, who can’t grow their own, threw everything at him and he still chose us 😂..
Yeah I run into that childish retort with practically every Richmond supporter I speak to about anything, yet never have encountered it with other opposition supporters. It's a truly bizarre phenomenon.

Only Bolton from that list is AA quality so far, and a better player than Stengle even though he also has an AA jumper.

Balta is 23 years old (76 games), Rioli is 26 (151 games).
SDK is 22 years old (27 games), Holmes is 20 (30 games). So you're comparing two players that are a combined 180 games further in their development. De Koning has had a rough year but was excellent in 2022. We'll get more out of Holmes the next 12 years than you will Rioli.

O.Henry, Miers and Close are better than the rest of your forward prospects.

It's expected that the reigning premier will have less depth in youth but our young prospects look better than they did 2014-2019 for instance.

you'd think with all these all australian quality players Richmond would be a better team. A team of champions rather than a champion team is it?

They don’t play for Geelong , so just because the are all Australian quality doesn’t mean they get the aa jumper .

That’s reserved for Geelong players who aren’t as good, but still get the aa jumpers

Hawkins v lynch , and Stewart v Sicily last year are evidence and proof beyond all reasonable doubt of that point that is for sure .

James Kelly another good ordinary plodder from Geelong that has has an aa jumper . Sorta bloke that would not even make the squad if he played for any other team .

There are heaps of em

Remove this Banner Ad

Which list would you want? Richmond, Carlton, Geelong

Back