Which player currently has the biggest kick in the AFL ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sir James Horz said:
Didnt Fletch win a contest years ago? Kicking over a river.

Kicked it 70-80 Meters or something???
Incorrect. Ben Graham won, Fletcher runners up, kicking over the Yarra. Josh Hunt is a bigger kick than Ben Graham.

Josh Hunt is the best kick in the league, hands down.

riccutios goal on the two weeks ago on friday night footy had abit of size to it, but i would say hunt would have the biggest.

Josh Hunt is one hell of a kick, and if not the longest, almost certainly the most accurate over long distances. Except against the Dockers, where he was missing teammates from 15m. Go figure.

Quinten Lynch absolutely molests the ball when he kicks it... didnt he kick a 55m snap on the weekend?

On the run, Moloney thumps it too.

Dustin Fletcher is one of the biggest too. Hunt, Fletcher, definitely two of the biggest. But if Wirrapunda got onto a torp he might beat them all.

I agree about the kick off - should be a yearly thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buckley used to be the longest field kick in the comp-comfortably spotting players 60m away with a drop punt.

Sav Rocca has kicked some enormous drop punts and even longer torps in his time. He used to be a threat from outside 60. Tony's best is a whisker less than Sav's best was, but right now Tony's a longer kick.

Scott Lucas has kicked some enormous and amazingly accurate drop punts vs us.

Back in the old days the Pies had a handful of superboots-obvious Daics included the Torp in his extensive repertoire (he dobbed one vs Hawthorn at Waverley from 70 at least in the early nineties), Ron McKeon hit goals from 55 and more, and Dougie Barwick refused to handball within 60 metres of goal.

Hunt, Dew, Wirrapunda, A Rocca, Lucas.

There's a lot of other big kickers out there, but I don't think anyone else kicks the ball as far as these guys. Fletch doesn't kick it 70-80 anymore either. I remember thinking Sav can still roost a ball, but doesn't kick mosters like he used to. Maybe I just don't see enough of him...

rychenroller said:
Wrong, Sav is a huge and accurate kick. Couple weeks ago he put one into the crowd straight through the guts from well inside the square, cant remember what game.

Sav, with bells on

V Bulldogs. Kicking to the right of screen (Coventry end?). 65 metre drop punt off two steps.

stewy dew can pinpoint pass over 70 metres.

haven't seen a long goal from him for a while though. doesn't seem to try to kick too far either :S

Zeke said:
Take your blinkers off.

Hunt launches them, as does Wirrpunda.

Travis Cloke put one through the sticks from 70 metres on debut. He will figure in years to come. Anthony Rocca is also good for a big punt on occassions.

Clement is considered one of the longest kicks at Collingwood, too.

I reckon Hunt wins out on finding a target kicking over 50 metres from full back.

Youre telling me to take my blinkers off??? Ha! :D

Wirrpunda easily. Can kick from Subiaco goal square to the Centre square on the full if he wanted to

Remove this Banner Ad

Which player currently has the biggest kick in the AFL ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back