Which team has been the most talked up......

Remove this Banner Ad

JUBJUB said:
Come on Skeptic,admit you love Geelong more than Rodgerfox and Total Prat do.
You love posting about us.

But judging by your post,you should come out of the closet and admit you support the Tigers. :eek:

Mate I don't really think Richmond will be sighted within 15 goals of Geelong...

This is what I was referrin too

http://www.puntroadend.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=11560.0

JUBJUB said:
Come on Skeptic,admit you love Geelong more than Rodgerfox and Total Prat do.
You love posting about us.

But judging by your post,you should come out of the closet and admit you support the Tigers. :eek:

JUBS, I'm pretty sure there was a fair amount of sarcasm in his post.

JeffDunne said:
syphilis, talk of flags and spoons is as predictable as any lemming can get.

History is history. Lemings are lemings. You can't change either.

Not so fast big ears! The Swans are a continual work in progress. Under Myles Baron-Haye the transformation in the club over the last 12 months has been near on remarkable. Not only do the players have a state-of-the art training facility for the first time in the club's history, they are getting right people both on and off the pitch.

We have had a Victorian CEO appointed, 6 games in Melbourne, a Sydney-based club house, voting rights for members. And have locked both Paul Roos and Andrew Ireland to long term contracts, meaning stability on the field as well. I spoke to Myles the other day (over a beer!!!!) and he said that we are addressing the issue of our deficiencies in our playing staff and hence are trying to draft tall defenders and skillful onballers who we can hopefully mould into the framework of the side.

Rome wasn't built in a day. But I am more confident that I EVER have been that the Swans are not only on the right track. But are laying the long term foundations to become one of the power clubs of the future. That might sound arrogant and getting-ahead of myself now. But if you have seen what people are seriously acheiving, you would have the confidence I have as well. The profit the club made in 04 is the start for our club.

We are in Australia's Number one city. I want my club to be the Number one club in the league one day. I am excited that we have finally gotten the little things right so as for that to happen. We are about 60-70% there. But are definitely heading in the right direction.

Let's see how we go.

JF :)

Best Coast said:
It was a ten game streak that broke club records, established a new power side in the AFL and set St Kilda on the way to a new and exciting chapter in the history of this mighty side.

Fresh from a stirring victory over Geelong in the 2004 Wizard Cup, the Saints of Grant Thomas would quickly establish themselves as a powerful and cohesive unit, capable of beating the very best.

There would be thrillers like the last gasp win over Brisbane. There would be exhibitions of sheer footballing magic like the one sided destruction of Carlton and the West Coast in successive weeks.

In the premiership year of 1966 St Kilda won the first eight games. In 2004 they would string together 10 in row.

These are those ten wins under skipper Lenny Hayes featuring the great youngsters of the calibre of Nick Riewoldt and Justin Koschitzke, Luke Ball, Nick Dal Santo and Xavier Clarke. The veterans Robert Harvey, Fraser Gehrig and Aussie Jones and stars Aaron Hamill.

This is a DVD pack to treasure. St Kilda at its very best. A snap shot of Saints brilliance from rounds 1-10 in 2004.
259101.jpg

Do they have the follow up video when they get beaten by Sydney and the Bulldogs in successive weeks ?

JF_Bay_22_SCG said:
Not so fast big ears! The Swans are a continual work in progress. Under Myles Baron-Haye the transformation in the club over the last 12 months has been near on remarkable. Not only do the players have a state-of-the art training facility for the first time in the club's history, they are getting right people both on and off the pitch.

We have had a Victorian CEO appointed, 6 games in Melbourne, a Sydney-based club house, voting rights for members. And have locked both Paul Roos and Andrew Ireland to long term contracts, meaning stability on the field as well. I spoke to Myles the other day (over a beer!!!!) and he said that we are addressing the issue of our deficiencies in our playing staff and hence are trying to draft tall defenders and skillful onballers who we can hopefully mould into the framework of the side.

Rome wasn't built in a day. But I am more confident that I EVER have been that the Swans are not only on the right track. But are laying the long term foundations to become one of the power clubs of the future. That might sound arrogant and getting-ahead of myself now. But if you have seen what people are seriously acheiving, you would have the confidence I have as well. The profit the club made in 04 is the start for our club.

We are in Australia's Number one city. I want my club to be the Number one club in the league one day. I am excited that we have finally gotten the little things right so as for that to happen. We are about 60-70% there. But are definitely heading in the right direction.

Let's see how we go.

JF :)
That's all fine and dandy.

But WTF has it got to do with my post that you quoted? :confused:

skipper kelly said:
............on bigfooty, in the off season, and doesnt deserve it?

My vote goes for West Coast.

Have a look at the poll that's been running for the last month about which side is most likely to break into the top 4 in 2005.

Of 230-odd votes cast, almost a quarter back West Coast.

Even allowing for bias, it's fair to say that West Coast have been widely tipped to improve, and not purely by their supporters.

SYDNEY_EAGLE said:
Have a look at the poll that's been running for the last month about which side is most likely to break into the top 4 in 2005.

Of 230-odd votes cast, almost a quarter back West Coast.

Even allowing for bias, it's fair to say that West Coast have been widely tipped to improve, and not purely by their supporters.
Couldn't say it better.

Geelong, St Kilda and West Coast are putting themselves up for the most criticism in 2005 by putting such huge expectations on themselves, if either dosn't meet those expectations expect most people on Bigfooty to rub salt into the wounds in a big way as some sort of payback.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah,has to be us.

The fans are getting a little hysterical,but the press seem infatuated with RFC over the last few months.They can take some of the blame,and those that believe it will get a nasty shock!
We're on the right track I believe,but theres a lot of pain ahead still,and there are no guarantees the draftees will become stars either....we're living proof of that!

bOmBeR_BoY1 said:
Geelong, St Kilda and West Coast are putting themselves up for the most criticism in 2005 by putting such huge expectations on themselves, if either dosn't meet those expectations expect most people on Bigfooty to rub salt into the wounds in a big way as some sort of payback.

OOOOh...."some sort of payback"!!?

I hope the posts don't get too nasty. I don't think I could handle that sort of violent reprisal.

You never fail to make me laugh, Bomber Boy....!!

bOmBeR_BoY1 said:

let me ask you a question:

Just pretend St.Kilda where the Bombers for a second and had just finnished one kick away from a grand final, would you not be thinking anything other than a GF victory would be a failure for the next year ??

If we don't live up to expectation then so be it but the disapointment of not acheiving succses will be far greater than anything any of you could say to upset us.

Haveing said that there is no need for us to spout our mouths of about how good we think we will be next year.

SYDNEY_EAGLE said:
OOOOh...."some sort of payback"!!?

I hope the posts don't get too nasty. I don't think I could handle that sort of violent reprisal.

You never fail to make me laugh, Bomber Boy....!!

Umm LOL? It's a little bit hard to get too 'nasty' over a computer SYDNEY_EAGLE... I mean payback in thread after thread and post after post of criticism directed at your team's performances. We endured this most weeks after what many thought was going to be a promising season for us turned out to be a very ordinary one.

As for SaInts SKill, of course you are meant to have expectations and I understand that. But I'm sure even you can admit some people go totally overboard sometimes with their own.

bOmBeR_BoY1 said:
As for SaInts SKill, of course you are meant to have expectations and I understand that. But I'm sure even you can admit some people go totally overboard sometimes with their own.

well yes and no.. I would be disapointed if all other saints fans where not hopeing despratly for a premiship in 2005 but at the same time they have to consider a lot of other supporters of other clubs are thinking the same way and that no one wants somone who come's out and tells the world just how great there team is etc...

People just need to keep things in perspective stay confident about your team but dont be as arseh*le about it.

Total Package said:
I think we all know the answer to this question.

2005 Grand Final according to Geelong and St Kilda fans
stkwan.gif
glwan.gif

REB’s top seven comebacks for Total Package’s disturbing animation.

1 I bet we both come before West Coast
2 A couple of egirls just walked by
3 St Kilda 'he hates us more!' Geelong 'No, he hates us more!'
4 Very good. Did you teach them that TP?
5 Oh boy! Chris Judd!! We'll get that media job yet!!
6 Well, it's more fun than watching West Coast play
7 The boys are just fantasising about the plum given to West Coast when they joined the league.

:)

regards,

REB

bOmBeR_BoY1 said:

Which Geelong supporters are talking us up or have "huge expectations"?

Time after time people like Total Package say we are arrogant and are talking ourselves up, yet whenever they are challenged to name names, they mysteriously disappear.

The reality is that very few of us are talking our club up, but it gives the envious, sad little trolls yet another thing to whinge about.

It's fun though. Twelve months ago Total Package and the like never mentioned us, now he can't go 5 posts without having a whine about us. Must be doing something right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Which team has been the most talked up......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back