Which team In the AFL has the best logo?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think that Richmond's logo is the best out of all of them ahead of Collingwood (would look better with two black & white flags, for a sense of balance, and not to be P.C like J_Moore), St Kilda & the Western Bulldogs (because both of them are bold & simple).

Fremantle's & Port Adelaide's are the worst out of the modern ones, but I've always liked the old 70's logo's especially the Fitzroy one.http://bomberblitz.com/~rmered/images/Fitzroy-Logo-1977.gif

I like the look of Hawks and Geelongs style of Integrating the Animal into a shield looks modern but not all over the place.
Melbourne and Freo have by far the worst.
Everyone knows why Freo's is crap:eek:
Melbourne dont take advantage of having a badass mascot, they could make it look so much better!

I reckon the one on our playing jumper is better than the corporate one:

Geelong2008Logo1-1.jpg

However nothing beats two-tone busta move Cat from the 70's:

Geelong-logo-1976.gif

The best:

Carlton - just the CFC lettering. Simple, elegant, timeless. Getting rid of the wreath and motto surrounding it made it perfect.

Adelaide - Simple yet effective

Geelong - I didn't like this to start with, but it's definitely grown on me.

The worst:

Brisbane - The lion is excellent, but it's drowned out by bad fonts and bad gradients in a bad logo. Looks pretty amateur for an AFL logo IMO.

Essendon - Just doesn't suit the club at all. Historic, proud club with a tacky, modern logo that already looks out of fashion. Essendon could do a lot better.

Edit: I realise we probably fall under the same category as i've put Essendon in there, but I don't have any idea how i'd change our logo.

i rate the saints - and as a supporter / member of a team that is one of the oldest of any codes i got to admit i am a bit disappointed with ours. doesn't reflect our history well enough i think

There actually was a problem with the original design as it did not comply with flag protocol. They initially had the Australian flag on the right and the black and white thing on the left with both flags flying from central poles, the Aus flag falling to the right and the other going left. However flag protocol states that where 2 flags are flown, the Aus flag must always fly on the left. And the Aus flag cannot be reversed so even though it's on the left, it cannot fall to the left of the pole and become a mirror of itself. Therefore they had to have the flag flying from the wrong side, the right of the flag rather than the left.

http://www.afana.com/netpaper/sep20-04238.html

It may have been against "flag protocol" but it was changed in answer to a request from the RSL ( and resulting media outrage) in 2005 (I believe).
I know because I did some of the initial graphic work.

Here are the original official VFL/AFL logos for a comparison...

Adelaide
Adelaide-logo-1991.gif

Brisbane - I have no idea why the bears failed with a colour scheme like this...
Brisbane-logo-1989.gif

Fitzroy - This is my favourite of the old logos.
Fitzroy-Logo-1977.gif

Carlton
Carlton-logo-1980.gif

Collingwood
Collingwood-logo-1980.gif

Essendon
Essendon-logo-1980.gif

Western Bulldogs/Footscray
Footscray-logo-1977.gif

Fremantle - only a slight change since 1995
Fremantle-logo-1995.gif

Geelong
Geelong-logo-1980.gif

Hawthorn
Hawthorn-logo-1980.gif

Melbourne
Melbourne-logo-1977.gif

North Melbourne
North-logo-1977.gif

Port Adelaide - slight change since 1997
Port-Adelaide-logo-1997.gif

Richmond
Richmond-logo-1977.gif

St Kilda - Is this the same logo as in the Roger Moore TV show called The Saint?
StKilda-logo-1980.gif

Sydney/South Melbourne
South-logo-1977.gif

West Coast
West-Coast-logo-1987.gif

credit to mero for posting the logos on his site.

I reckon the one on our playing jumper is better than the corporate one:

Geelong2008Logo1-1.jpg

However nothing beats two-tone busta move Cat from the 70's:

Geelong-logo-1976.gif

Two tone must have been all the rage back then, its on my avatar too. Nowhere near as cool as busta move cat though. I assume you have a tattoo of him on your person somewhere??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Afraid not, but it is definitely on my to-do list. However, I do dance just like that.

Not too sure why the Tiges went with blue in their logo!

St Kilda and Carlton well clear at the top for me. Both clean and classy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Which team In the AFL has the best logo?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back