FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

It was a legit comment in that I had never heard of Jim Jeffries but I didn't mean anything in a downgrading manner. I have watched the beginning of each 1% Club episode but always switch over to Hard Quiz at 8PM. I then switch back to hear the 1% question.
Umm Legit was the name of his sitcom in the USA.

The Jim Jeffries thing is plausible, I'd only heard of him maybe about six months back. One of those Aussies who seemed to make it big overseas rather than homegrown necessarily, and might be a generational blind spot for some too, and I'm not very across the (especially contemporary) American stand-up or talk show scene or anything. When I first heard of him (through foreigners naturally) that lack of familiarity was intriguing to me.

Last edited:

The Jim Jeffries thing is plausible, I'd only heard of him maybe about six months back. One of those Aussies who seemed to make it big overseas rather than homegrown necessarily, and might be a generational blind spot for some too, and I'm not very across the (especially contemporary) American stand-up or talk show scene or anything. When I first heard of him (through foreigners naturally) that lack of familiarity was intriguing to me.

Very Plausable - if you hadnt heard his american guns skit then there is a fair chance you havent heard of him. He has had some netflix shows but as you say, seems to be a bigger name in the US than here.

I watched a bit of the 1% club last night, mostly cause we didnt know where the remote was after The Chase finished.

I know of Jeffries, mostly from his gun control rant from a while back, hosting is not at allllll his bag, that show is terrible, i can only assume 7 has decided to give away that time slot and i assume no one has actually taken any money yet.

His live shows didn't need much advertising, he had a cult following and from what I was told he would fly in to Melbourne for sold out shows, just off of word of mouth and emails and the like. Could be wrong but that is how it was explained to me at the time by someone who flew down just to see him.

I know of Jeffries, mostly from his gun control rant from a while back, hosting is not at allllll his bag, that show is terrible, i can only assume 7 has decided to give away that time slot and i assume no one has actually taken any money yet.

He was on Bert Kreicher's (another comedian) podcast a couple of weeks ago and he even admitted he has no idea why they asked him to do it and he didn't really have any idea what he was doing.

He was on Bert Kreicher's (another comedian) podcast a couple of weeks ago and he even admitted he has no idea why they asked him to do it and he didn't really have any idea what he was doing.
Likely he did it for a paycheck and use the time to visit his elderly dad (I think his mother passed away last year).

I followed him from his standup days and comfortably he is bigger in the US than in Australia - his gun routine put him into the echelons of US culture (that and the pasteing he gave Piers Morgan on Bill Maher's show a couple of years back). He has a good podcast (I Don't Know About That) which is amusing for anyone that gets into that stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Silo on Apple TV

Excellent!
It's been impressive so far!

Wasn't sure about it from the trailer but gave it a go due to the cast and have been happy with the decision.

Jesus why didn't anyone tell me Jury Duty was so funny? I am crying here.

Not fan of 90% of 'reality' TV, but it's one of the most light and heart warming shows on TV.

Producers and actors actually did an amazing job.

I've been watching Wentworth

S1-4 - Outstanding, follows Bea Smith's arc, I was babbling like a baby at the end. 9/10

S5 - finishes up Franky and Furguson story arc, tied it in nicely 7.5/10

I'm upto S8 and I feel like I can rate the rest.

S6-9 - garbage, utterly shit. Don't watch past S5. It has turned into Home and Away in a prison setting. Ever episode has to finish on a cliffhanger, rehashing old characters and stories. Typical Australia TV soap crap 3/10

I'll begrudgingly finish it because I've invested this far into it.

I've been watching Wentworth

S1-4 - Outstanding, follows Bea Smith's arc, I was babbling like a baby at the end. 9/10

S5 - finishes up Franky and Furguson story arc, tied it in nicely 7.5/10

I'm upto S8 and I feel like I can rate the rest.

S6-9 - garbage, utterly s**t. Don't watch past S5. It has turned into Home and Away in a prison setting. Ever episode has to finish on a cliffhanger, rehashing old characters and stories. Typical Australia TV soap crap 3/10

I'll begrudgingly finish it because I've invested this far into it.
Same thoughts as me. Show finishes super strong if it ends after season 5. Definitely watch to the end though, is still worth it

Watched the first two episodes of Silo, really enjoying it. Feels like a Fallout TV show and has the mystery and speculation that I got from Wayward Pines S1.

Started Alone (Us), did want to watch the AUS version but don't feel like watching it off my tablet only with VPN from overseas. Definitely enjoying the Us version and wildlife factor that Bears and Wolves bring.

Also been on season 1 of This is Us, need to get back on Ted Lasso after falling off after the first couple eps of the recent season

Bert is very good.

Bert is an annoying unfunny fat drunk frat boy flog.

The funniest thing he did was when he made a fool of himself talking to Adam Sandler.

As per usual he talked mostly about himself and then he got two of Adam Sandler's movies wrong calling them Precious Gems and Happy Madison lol.

Bert would be a fun guy to party with but he wears thin pretty quickly, he did a podcast with Bill Burr and Bill ended up quitting it as he got sick of him.

As for Jim Jefferies, he is a decent stand up comedian but not great, his success in the States is mostly due to marketing, he is the Aussie Dane Cook.

I'm not the biggest fan of Bert's standup but his podcast with Tom Segura is pretty good.

Yeah it's mostly good due to Tom Segura, in fact the best episodes are when Bert isn't there and it's just Tom Segura interviewing people by himself.

Bert is a terrible interviewer because he can't wait to interrupt them to tell another crazy incredible story about himself which are about 90% bullshit.

I'm not the biggest fan of Bert's standup but his podcast with Tom Segura is pretty good.
Didn't mind their Pod for a while but always get sick of Bert and unsub, same with Bertcast.

Monday Morning pod with just Bill Burr rambling is the one pod I've consistently listened to since 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back