FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Enjoying the US version especially with the wild Bears. Struggle to see what danger factors can match that with the Aus version, particularly in Tasmania, no crocs or snakes

Will give it a go though

We've just had a tiger snake, there is **** all food, it's just a horrible spot they've dumped them in.

Over running of shows has killed FTA more than any program quality issue
Agree entirely with this. In fact, it was this very thing which pushed me completely away from FTA commercial channels about 15 years ago. Even before streaming platforms, I'd migrated my viewing habits to SBS, or at worst recording if there was an unmissable show (although I genuinely can't remember the last one of these on the commercial channels, maybe Breaking Bad when it was on real late on one of them?) to be watched later sans ads and over-run of previous show.

It is literally years since I even had the TV on Ch 7, 9 or 10, such is my disdain for their terrible programming and even worse scheduling.

The Summit can't possibly be anything other than a paid cast simulating reality. You're right though, the locations are stunning.
Watched first couple eps and gave it the flick, don’t really think it’s an original idea, soon as it mentioned voting out fellow contestants that pretty much ended it for me

Don’t really get voting out strong contestants early if you have to get to the summit as a certain time when you already about a day behind schedule, but you can bet there will be some way they will get them back on schedule, probably with some challenge or sacrificing some of the cash

Between Blow Up and The 1% Club it seems evident that sevens whole strategy is just FOOOOOTY.
I caught that 1% show tonight. FMD. It's depressing to realise how dumb people are.

I'm rewatching Seinfeld from the start. The characters, the writing, the performances are all top notch. I laugh out loud every single show.
I did the same a couple of years ago. I thought it's starts off strong and builds up slowly until about the 3rd season or perhaps a touch earlier. From then on it hits an incredibly high standard and maintains it all the way through. Phenomenal show. I actually like it more now than I did when it was on.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did the same a couple of years ago. I thought it's starts off strong and builds up slowly until abput the 3rd season or perhaps a touch earlier. From then on it hits an incredibly high standard and maintains it all the way through. Phenomenal show. I actually like it more now than I did when it was on.

I'm part way through S3. The concept is very simple but so well done. Four quirky friends just do normal stuff and gossip!

Jason Alexander must be one of the best comedy actors ever. Julia Louis-Dreyfus is so expressive. In S2 they tightened up a little with Jerry playing it a little more straight during the sitcom parts. They introduced more physical comedy which is hilarious.

The only show I can compare it to is Fawlty Towers but it was only 2 seasons.

I'm part way through S3. The concept is very simple but so well done. Four quirky friends just do normal stuff and gossip!

Jason Alexander must be one of the best comedy actors ever. Julia Louis-Dreyfus is so expressive. In S2 they tightened up a little with Jerry playing it a little more straight during the sitcom parts. They introduced more physical comedy which is hilarious.

The only show I can compare it to is Fawlty Towers but it was only 2 seasons.
It only gets better when Kramer's friend (who also lives in the building) Newman, comes into the show (played superbly by Wayne Knight). George's father, Frank Costanza (Jerry Stiller) is another who comes into the show and steals just about every scene he's in.

Watched the finales of Maisel and Love and Death last night.

Maisel was brilliant if a tiny bit rushed for 5 seasons. A show that absolutely does not get the recognition it should. Could not recommend it more highly.

Love and death was good but what a a ****ing weird story with a bunch of truly odd religious weirdos. The epilogue was tragic comedy, I don’t think you could make up a story more ****ing ridiculous if you tried.

FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back