FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Just started rewatching Dexter Season 1 for the first time in over 10 years. The show has aged gracefully. One of my favourites as a teenager.

Also watching Alone Season 11 and it's fantastic. I will likely go back and watch older seasons as I haven't seen this show before.

I finished Barbecue Showdown Season 3 on Netflix. Good, fun barbecuing show that doesn't take itself too seriously.

Just started rewatching Dexter Season 1 for the first time in over 10 years. The show has aged gracefully. One of my favourites as a teenager.

Also watching Alone Season 11 and it's fantastic. I will likely go back and watch older seasons as I haven't seen this show before.

I finished Barbecue Showdown Season 3 on Netflix. Good, fun barbecuing show that doesn't take itself too seriously.
there is about 500 seasons of alone on SBS on demand

10 of the US one

2 of Australia

I think UK did one season

there are a few seasons across nordic countries as well with subtitles

10 of the US one

2 of Australia

I'm really into Season 11 right now (Arctic Circle) and I'm hearing it's one of the best seasons to date. Only problem is Stan releases episodes once a week on Friday so may go back and watch other seasons in between. Any favourites from memory?

10 of the US one

2 of Australia

Cheap TV.

I'm really into Season 11 right now (Arctic Circle) and I'm hearing it's one of the best seasons to date. Only problem is Stan releases episodes once a week on Friday so may go back and watch other seasons in between. Any favourites from memory?
i haven't started season 11 I just finished season 10 on SBS

I'd just start at the start and work your way forward on the US one

Cheap TV.
I mean compared to something like Game of Thrones I am certain of that

It would be interesting to know what it costs compared to something like brooklyn nine-nine though

I mean compared to something like Game of Thrones I am certain of that

It would be interesting to know what it costs compared to something like brooklyn nine-nine though
Usually only one highly paid presenter, some filming teams, editing...

No doubt more expensive than Big Brother, but I reckon by the hour it would be cheap as.

Now I want to find out. Do we have any people in with production experience and knowledge?

Man, I do not need another quest for the day :D

Usually only one highly paid presenter, some filming teams, editing...

No doubt more expensive than Big Brother, but I reckon by the hour it would be cheap as.

Now I want to find out. Do we have any people in with production experience and knowledge?

Man, I do not need another quest for the day :D
its just one of those things I wonder about with their base camp setups, medical extraction teams etc and the fact that they need all these people there for a couple of months

like obviously they'd save a lot of money on not having sets and full production crews for filming lighting sound etc

but some of that would have to be offset by the logistics and support teams they need to have near the contestants for the duration

You have to watch Alone from the start. Its great how each season builds on the previous in terms of contestant knowledge.

Also Stan has the eps in HD, or at least better quality than SBS On Demand.

like obviously they'd save a lot of money on not having sets and full production crews for filming lighting sound etc

but some of that would have to be offset by the logistics and support teams they need to have near the contestants for the duration
Yeah I don't think it would be super cheap.

A lot of difficult logistics involved for remote locations. 24/7 on call staff, helicopters, etc etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have to watch Alone from the start. Its great how each season builds on the previous in terms of contestant knowledge.

Also Stan has the eps in HD, or at least better quality than SBS On Demand.
Yeah, I've been an Alone fanatic since it's inception about 10 years ago and had to waiting patiently for each new season to drop on A&E.

Brilliant show, especially the way the Americans have done it. The Aussie and Nordic versions pale in comparison - their survivalists are just not fair dinkum.

Caught up on the second season of Tokyo Vice, and goddamn did this become one of my favourite shows of the decade.

Became a true ensemble piece by the end, and every arc had me invested. It told the story it wanted to, and even found some inventive ways to pay things off, but damn I could have watched another 3 or 4 seasons of this. Terrific series.

Has anyone watch A Gentleman in Moscow?

I enjoyed the book and have the TV series on my to-watch list.
haven't read the book
enjoyed the show a lot

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back