FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

I've just finished watching the first 5 episodes of Evil Season 1 after seeing a recommendation for it on Reddit.

It is fantastic so far! Has anybody watched this?
We're most of the way into season two and still enjoying it

Orphan Black - I watched the first few episodes years ago and never continued on. I'm up to the second season now, it's been pretty binge-worthy, but maybe S2 is not going to have the same impact. And there are 5 seasons? Will see how it goes.

Slightly off topic

Just found a YouTube channel by Bobby Joe Ota and have just listened to a radio episode of Dragnet

He also has radio episodes of The Lone Ranger , Abbott and Costello - about 20 episodes
( the rest current country music clips)

Hopefully he puts more up

Slightly off topic

Just found a YouTube channel by Bobby Joe Ota and have just listened to a radio episode of Dragnet

He also has radio episodes of The Lone Ranger , Abbott and Costello - about 20 episodes

Even though i know little about baseball, I sometimes like to have old baseball games on as background noise:

Amazingly, there's hardly ever any old cricket matches which is weird. The BBC and ABC must have heaps in their archive.

Rome (2005) HBO

This was on my list for at least a decade and the'res only two seasons.
Story and acting is good, it can be a little clunky at times with transition or time jumps (product of the mid 2000s) but overall it's worth a watch if you have it on your to-do list.

7.5/10
I think they were given heads up that second season would be the last so tried to squeeze a fair bit in to the season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did not know there was an Australian version commissioned. I will need to check it out

I found the NZ season on Youtube last year and thought it was hilarious
Like any Aussie adaptation done right, it's on the ABC

Freddie Flintoff's Field of Dreams.

He gets a bunch of Preston lads together to start playing cricket. But of course, it being a TV show they pick participants for their drama value. There's an Afghan refugee, a boy who slept rough for a while, fat kids, boys who have been expelled from school. It's highly produced and edited.

Freddie is a natural to be the focus of a TV show. You do see the transformation in the boys over time. He's possibly doing for English cricket what Clarkson is doing for farming. They skipped his terrible car crash while filming Top Gear but they show his reconstructed face a few times.

I randomly put on Modern Family Season 4 for the first time in years and realise I still like the show. So I'll probably continue watching it.
We recently watched the entire shows run and I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed it. Very funny show. Holds up well.

I think they were given heads up that second season would be the last so tried to squeeze a fair bit in to the season
That explains abit, during the show I was constantly checking historic facts with my phone. Didn't realise Julius Caesar and Mark Antony "banged" Cleopatra.

I've heard of those names but didn't realise they were intertwined

Just going through The Wire again while nursing an annoying head cold, and I just came across this line from Bubbles that I had to put in here. He's talking to Greggs and McNulty about his friend Johnny, when he says, "...besides, he happens to be one of the laziest white boys to ever shit between two shoes".

I nearly spat out my coffee I was laughing that hard.

Freddie Flintoff's Field of Dreams.

He gets a bunch of Preston lads together to start playing cricket. But of course, it being a TV show they pick participants for their drama value. There's an Afghan refugee, a boy who slept rough for a while, fat kids, boys who have been expelled from school. It's highly produced and edited.

Freddie is a natural to be the focus of a TV show. You do see the transformation in the boys over time. He's possibly doing for English cricket what Clarkson is doing for farming. They skipped his terrible car crash while filming Top Gear but they show his reconstructed face a few times.
I think this was done before the car crash. I watched it a few years ago on BBC - it's a great show and he's a top bloke. There's a second season on in the UK now.

Slightly off topic

Plenty of Old Time Radio available from multiple sources that hold public domain releases.

I've just started rewatching Hannibal again. I was able to watch entire series back when it was originally released and thought it was one of the most intense shows I’ve ever seen, it was dark, bizarre and some of the imagery was mind blowing, but the last time I tried to rewatch it I stopped halfway through season 1. I'm not sure why, but I thought I'd give it another try.

Last edited:
Powered through season 5 of the sopranos this week.... normally start the following season by Saturday night / Sunday morning. This was wild as I started the season slow (1 full ep, then half of the next... resume the following night and watched another full episode etc. Essentially burbed through 10 episodes in 3 nights.

Felt like the second last episode should have beeen the last one of the season.

Disliked the episode with the long drawn out dream sequence.

Felt like the second last episode should have beeen the last one of the season.

Disliked the episode with the long drawn out dream sequence.
Is that the one when Tony's in hospital after Junior shoots him? I had totally forgotten that episode when I rewatched the show last year. I must say though, I thought it was an interesting episode. I didn't mind it, but did think the dream sequence went a little too long.

Is that the one when Tony's in hospital after Junior shoots him? I had totally forgotten that episode when I rewatched the show last year. I must say though, I thought it was an interesting episode. I didn't mind it, but did think the dream sequence went a little too long.

The episode has one of the funniest lines of the whole series.

Off the top of my head, Salv said "the demented f*** Marvin Gay'd his own nephew".
This is a reference to Marvin Gay being shot dead by his own father.

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back