FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

I tried but A Very Royal Scandal just didn't do it for me.
Maybe it was the subject matter, maybe it was the screwed up family.
I continued on only for Ruth Wilson but even she couldn't get it over the line.
I enjoyed it. I've had a massive political crush on Emily Maitlis forever and her being part of the production really helped her character shine through. And Michael Sheen is great at whatever role he plays.

It was infinitely better than Scoop on Netflix which covered the same topic.

Episode 1 of season 3 of From aired last night.

I know it wont be for everyone but I genuinely love it so was very pumped up and didn't disappoint. In my opinion it is one of the most atmospheric evil shows I have watched.

Just wondering, when was the last good drama / comedy series made by one of the big 3 commercials? Anything good seems to come out of ABC, SBS or streaming.
I'm struggling to think of one, let alone the last one.

Just wondering, when was the last good drama / comedy series made by one of the big 3 commercials? Anything good seems to come out of ABC, SBS or streaming.
I haven’t seen it (the promos were offputting at the time), but as far as returning series I suspect Doctor Doctor might’ve been the most recent viable drama/comedy option on the networks. Last couple years indeed looks grim, they’ve long given up.

Last edited:

E Street (not joking either, that was awesome)

Some streaming service needs to pick it up again..

Comedy? Decades ago, if ever. Some of the three have good sketch comedy, think Comedy Company and the like, but I can't recall a good one that was a series.

Drama? The last really great one I remember was Puberty Blues about ten years back on Channel 10. The Secrets She Keeps - first series only, the second was pretty dire - from 2020 was ok, also on 10.

The first few series of Packed to the Rafters went all right. Inevitably, they kept going long past its use by date and drove it into the ground.

Underbelly maybe? The first series was incredible, after that it got a bit patchy. The one in Sydney in the 20s was probably the pick of the bunch, or the one about Nicola Gobbo. That last one was quite recent.

Episode 1 of season 3 of From aired last night.

I know it wont be for everyone but I genuinely love it so was very pumped up and didn't disappoint. In my opinion it is one of the most atmospheric evil shows I have watched.

I watched the Pilot and liked it but never went back

Big fan of LOST so I feel I should

Tell me why I should

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched the Pilot and liked it but never went back

Big fan of LOST so I feel I should

Tell me why I should

I do like a challenge :cool:

So I did hit Lost but after about 5 seasons gave up, it got too much for me and started going off so many tangents that I felt like they didn't really know how they were going to finish up, actually heard the writers were winging it in the end but not sure if that's true.

From (now this is just my opinion, going to be in a tiny minority) sets up an extremely creepy yet awesome atmosphere with what I think is a really interesting paradox. People from all over America driving along, come across a fallen tree and up in in this dilapidated Anytime USA town populated by strange but not dangerous people and no matter which way they travel they end up back in the same town.

You've seen the pilot so you know what lurks in the dense forest that surrounds that town making night time extremely dangerous but along with that very strange events happen to select people within the town adding more sinister elements. There is also focus on how people from all walks of life (billionaires to the down trodden, singles, families, same sex couples etc) react to being stuck in a literal nightmare. Very strange coincidences emerge (people knowing things they should not know about one another) which builds tension amongst the trapped who need to work together just to survive.

The show started getting very evil. I dont want to ruin it but death is probably preferable to what happens to some during season 2 and now 3, the monsters are the tip of the spear. There's two events that really stung me. I've seen worse in terms of gore and horror. I've seen torture pr0n shit like the Green Inferno, some Saw and Hostel movies and I think they're garbage, no affect on me but this show really builds such a tense premise with a fascinating plot that it leaves me wanting more. I also love the setting and scenery, just so chilling and isolating.

On the downside, some of the acting is a bit crap and some characters make "wtf" decisions but I look past that.

I do hope though that whilst I love it it wraps up after 4-5 seasons and doesn't drag on. Still got no idea where they are and how they got there.

So I did hit Lost but after about 5 seasons gave up, it got too much for me and started going off so many tangents that I felt like they didn't really know how they were going to finish up, actually heard the writers were winging it in the end but not sure if that's true.

From (now this is just my opinion, going to be in a tiny minority) sets up an extremely creepy yet awesome atmosphere with what I think is a really interesting paradox. People from all over America driving along, come across a fallen tree and up in in this dilapidated Anytime USA town populated by strange but not dangerous people and no matter which way they travel they end up back in the same town.

You've seen the pilot so you know what lurks in the dense forest that surrounds that town making night time extremely dangerous but along with that very strange events happen to select people within the town adding more sinister elements. There is also focus on how people from all walks of life (billionaires to the down trodden, singles, families, same sex couples etc) react to being stuck in a literal nightmare. Very strange coincidences emerge (people knowing things they should not know about one another) which builds tension amongst the trapped who need to work together just to survive.

The show started getting very evil. I dont want to ruin it but death is probably preferable to what happens to some during season 2 and now 3, the monsters are the tip of the spear. There's two events that really stung me. I've seen worse in terms of gore and horror. I've seen torture pr0n shit like the Green Inferno, some Saw and Hostel movies and I think they're garbage, no affect on me but this show really builds such a tense premise with a fascinating plot that it leaves me wanting more. I also love the setting and scenery, just so chilling and isolating.

On the downside, some of the acting is a bit crap and some characters make "wtf" decisions but I look past that.

I do hope though that whilst I love it it wraps up after 4-5 seasons and doesn't drag on. Still got no idea where they are and how they got there.
This premise sounds a lot like Wayward Pines.

The Jetty

Really is a smashing series

Possibly. Definitely had some Broadchurch vibes to it imo which is a good thing.

She is a very striking woman Jemma

Ok I have restarted From

Up to S1 Ep 4

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back