Whitecross offered a week for having Selwood run into his shoulder

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Whitecross Cleared..

Agreed, and this is the issue that bites the general public I think...............the inconsistency of the tribunal.

I think they bowed to the pressure from all in football that came out and said he should be cleared, they were influenced. I dont want that kind of judiciary.

poor decision in the end

not surprised though, considering the club in question
Please-don-t-feed-the-trolls-atsof-547660_170_186.jpg

Dustin Fletcher does it...
- bigfooty in meltdown calling for his head;
- the masses state he's a sniper who deserves to be scrutinized;
- AFL issues a press release reiterating the need to protect the head at whatever cost;
- MRP destroys him

A relatively unknown player does it...
- common sense prevails when the bloke is cleared

Selwood is such a class act for testifying for Whitecross, amazing player and great bloke it seems to.

Put your bias aside Alfy..

Joel is just doing what any decent human being would do.

Whitecross deserves credit too for helping Selwood on the field as soon as he realised Selwood was in trouble.

Hopefully we'll see more players do what these two have done.

I am happy for the kid he got off as he should. But he shouldnt have if the tribunal was consistent. Its a joke as plenty have been suspended for accidental head high contact.

Spot on

However I am thrilled WhiteX got off:thumbsu:

The Whitecross case is a perfect example of why the MRP-tribunal process is so good.

If you know youre guilty you take your medicine. If you believe you have a genuine case you can argue it.

One could also argue that it should never have gotten this far. The fact that you can't use past instances as evidence shows the system up for what it is... a farce.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One could also argue that it should never have gotten this far. The fact that you can't use past instances as evidence shows the system up for what it is... a farce.

With a two stepped system at least you have the opportunity to challenge.

I can perfectly understand why the MRP cited Whitecross....it ticked all the boxes....it really wasnt up to them to decide whether he had any other option, Hawthorn had to make that argument in the tribunal.

The right decision was made. Its not the journey that matters, its the destination. For this weekend at least , justice was served in every single case.

Hawthorn supporters will still cry like babies though. You guys are hilarious.

I can perfectly understand why the MRP cited Whitecross....it ticked all the boxes....it really wasnt up to them to decide whether he had any other option, Hawthorn had to make that argument in the tribunal.

Am i missing something? Isn't that exactly their job? If it isn't, shouldn't every tackle where somebody gets up slowly be taken to the tribunal? Every man and his dog could see that this shouldn't have been reportable.

I mean, it's like if they had reported Pods for accidentally kicking Gibson in the face. No other option, his body was moving that way, but got him in the head. It is just ridiculous, and a waste of everyones time and money.

Next thing you know, players will get reported for farting during a game.

Selwood is such a class act for testifying for Whitecross, amazing player and great bloke it seems to.

Put your bias aside Alfy..

From the very first game he stepped on a football field that has never been in question.

I think Selwood knows that whitecross deliberately had him in his crosshairs but is man enough to let dubious acts on the football stay on the football field, that's just the way he rolls. Holds no grudges and just keeps on punching.

Pity guerra couldn't do the likewise for Selwood last year.

Selwood is renown for having eyes only for the ball, his record up to that incident was exemplary..

If Selwood said his contact was accidental and was just fending off a player whose sole intent was to stop him from running where he wanted to go then he had to be given the benefit of the doubt.

Sadly guerra is not one tenth the man Selwood is (or will ever be) and let him rot in front that laughable kangaroo court. Perhaps guerra was even by adviced by those at his club to refrain from saying anything.

Therein lies one of the key differences between Geelong and Hawthorn.

Am i missing something? Isn't that exactly their job? If it isn't, shouldn't every tackle where somebody gets up slowly be taken to the tribunal? Every man and his dog could see that this shouldn't have been reportable.

I mean, it's like if they had reported Pods for accidentally kicking Gibson in the face. No other option, his body was moving that way, but got him in the head. It is just ridiculous, and a waste of everyones time and money.

Next thing you know, players will get reported for farting during a game.

The MRP thought that there was enough evidence for Whitehead to be cited.

HAwthorn argued the case in the tribunal and won.

That is EXACTLY how the system is supposed to work

I really cant see the fuss.

They will never get it right 100% of the time but the two-stepped process will filter out a lot more mistakes than the old system where there was no second chance.

I repeat, Hawthorn supporters are pathetically funny. Justice was served and they are still crying like they'd been shot.

Not sure Clarkson would have been so happy with Whitecross showing that much concern for an opponent. I'm sure in his hard hearted mind it was a sign of weakness.

........when in fact its quite the opposite!

From the very first game he stepped on a football field that has never been in question.

I think Selwood knows that whitecross deliberately had him in his crosshairs but is man enough to let dubious acts on the football stay on the football field, that's just the way he rolls. Holds no grudges and just keeps on punching.

Selwood is renown for having eyes only for the ball, his record up to that incident was exemplary..

If Selwood said his contact was accidental and was just fending off a player whose sole intent was to stop him from running where he wanted to go then he had to be given the benefit of the doubt.

Sadly guerra is not one tenth the man Selwood is (or will ever be) and let him rot in front that laughable kangaroo court. Perhaps guerra was even by adviced by those at his club to refrain from saying anything.

Jesus wept.

youve either got issues dude, or you're really Teach!

Thinking that thought makes it easier for you to come out with the rest of the drivel that you've come up with.

I THINK that Selwood THINKS the same as 99% of the footy community.

A clash with a player who is just as decent a bloke and just as hard as Selwood himself.
Just not as good as Selwood so not renowned for being as hard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Whitecross offered a week for having Selwood run into his shoulder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back